Travelers Express Relief as Airlines Will Now Be Required to Automatically Refund for Cancellations and Significant Delays
istockphoto

Travelers Express Relief as Airlines Will Now Be Required to Automatically Refund for Cancellations and Significant Delays

Passengers are now entitled to receive automatic cash refunds from airlines for cancellations and delays, according to a recent announcement by the Department of Transportation, which has caused a wave of excitement among air travelers.

While airlines can still offer another flight or a travel credit, consumers have the right to refuse the offer.

Currently, airlines decide when a delay qualifies for a refund. However, the administration is changing that by stating a significant delay is at least three hours for domestic flights and six hours for international ones.

The rule will also extend to refunds of checked-bag fees if the baggage is not delivered within 12 hours for domestic flights or 15 to 30 hours for international flights. Additionally, it covers fees for services like seat selection or internet access if the airline fails to provide these services.

Furthermore, airline and ticket agents must display upfront fees for checked and carry-on bags and cancellation or reservation changes. These fees must be prominently shown on their websites and accessible to customers when they check prices and schedules.

Users on social media have been quick to share their reactions to these changes, expressing both relief and appreciation for the new rules.

About Iesha

Hi All, my name is I’esha and I’ve been a writer for baller alert for 1 year and 2 months. I’m also a student and entrepreneur .

Check Also

telsa layoffs

Tesla to Lay Off Over 5,900 Workers Across Austin and California Amid Global Workforce Reductions

Tesla, the electric vehicle giant, has announced significant layoffs affecting its workforce in both Texas …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading