Rapper Trae Tha Truth Donates Water Filters, Supplies and More to Families Suffering From Water Crises in Jackson, Mississippi
(Photo by Rick Kern/WireImage)

Trae Tha Truth to Open New Ice Cream Store That Will Hire Youth With Special Needs

Trae Tha Truth is set to open The Howdy Ice Cream Shop in Houston, Texas.

The shop will be a cooperation between Trae and his business partner, but it also serves as a charitable gesture in a true Trae manner. According to a recent Instagram post by the activist, the new store would be employment for people with disabilities like Down syndrome and autism.

“This [opening] is special because we will employ special needs young adults and allow them to work and have a chance to be supported,” Trae wrote in his caption. “We hope to change the way the world looks at everyone…The mission is to inspire and bless others with our blessings!!!”

“Every aspect of Howdy Homemade encompasses the special needs of the huge under-employed segment of our population with one goal: To change the way businesses hire people with special needs,” reads the company’s website. “Today in North Texas alone, there are over 240,000 special needs adults looking for work.”

Howdy Homemade is set to debut on July 22, the same day as Houston rapper Trae Tha Truth’s annual Trae Day celebration. On that day, he and James Harden plan to reveal the Trae Day scholarship winners. Eligible recipients for the college funding must be high school graduates or college students in financial need who plan to enroll in studies in the following fall semester. They must all attend Trae Day and write a 250-word essay explaining how the scholarship will benefit them. By July 5, applications must be filed.

About Iesha

Hi All, my name is I’esha and I’ve been a writer for baller alert for 1 year and 2 months. I’m also a student and entrepreneur .

Check Also

Rapper Cam'ron Ordered to Pay $50K for Using Copyrighted Image On His Merch

Cam’ron Claps Back: No Foot Fetishes From Men Allowed on His Live! (Video)

Rapper Cam’ron recently let it be known that his Instagram live is not the place …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading