Definition of a baller: I know he (she) is a baller because.....

We constantly refer to people as "ballers", so that there is not ambiguity what constitutes ballin? What is your definition of bona fide "baller status"? How do you KNOW he IS a "baller", at what point did your "guapdar" go off and you knew you hit the jackpot?

Tags: ballers, money

Views: 3470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is an old blog: (agree, disagree)
Google Baller and you will come up with many definitions. Today we are going to take a look at some of these definitions:
Baller

Etymology: Middle English 'bal', from Old Norse 'bollr' and akin to Old High German 'balla'; combined with the common suffix 'er' denoting one that does or performs (a specified action)

Therefore, a baller is, literally, 'one who balls'

Other connotations of the word include:

(N) 1. One who exhibits a consistent proficiency at-, or exuberant love for the game of basketball. 2. One whose person has been fully and successfully established in numerous social circles (esp. one who is extremely popular with both the male and female members of any given social group)
3. One whose status in society has been earned by one's possession of "game" (that is, proficiency at the game of life)
(Adj) 1. Exhibiting those qualities of a baller; not limited to the description of a person, 'baller' may be used to describe any place, thing or situation. (N)
1. "Kobe Bryant... now THAT kid's a baller"
2. "Wanna be a baller, shot caller, twenty inch blades on the impala, caller getting laid tonight..."
3. "Hey yo! Don't let nobody else up in this booth. I see nothing but gangsters up in here, I see nothing but ballers up in here..."
(Adj) 1. "This Sh*t is baller" Suburbanization of 'Baller':
"Wow, that man is really quite 'on the ball'."
Hmmmm those are the obvious I guess. Let me give my take on what a baller is .Me personally, I don’t care for the flash of celebrity ballers. I don’t like the drama attention and confusion that seems to follow them around. I like my men a lil more low key than that. What makes a baller is not only what’s in a man’s pockets either. A pocket full of money with bad credit does not equal baller to me. Baller is a blend of many attributes . I look at the way a man carries himself first. Ambition, ambition, ambition did I say ambition??? Confidence not arrogance is such a turn on.

A baller definitely has to have some swagger and style about him. . I am not saying a dude should look like he just stepped out of a BET video (because EWWW I am so straight on that look) but he needs to be clean!!! A nice car is cool but not if you are living at home with your parents or if the car is in your Baby Momma's name because you don’t have any credit. A baller should be respectful and responsible…. A baller should also in my opinion be void of all bitchassness. He should have his personal affairs in order NO DRAMA thanks. The Definition of a baller is broad and subjective and I look forward to you ladies and gents sharing what your definition of a baller is with us here at Baller Alert.
I read that but I don't think some people may have...Or else some of the other posts after it wouldn't even be up for debate (ie "Is Saigon a baller?")....
I knew this guy was a baller when he pulled out a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck pen to sign the bill after dinner.....
Now thats what every girl needs a lesson in pens...I love a nice pen
That post was a spoof, thats why the question mark was put at the end.

And why rapper was in quotations, and I did say he was trying to use a benefit card as identification.

A parody of sorts. With the men in my life, trust I know that Saigon is not NOT a baller
Me too, it makes the signature so much prettier when he's signing off on "stuff"...lol
I know I was making a "funny"...
lol
im still laughing my arse off at "guapdar"..lol
I knew he was a baller because he had 2 private jets and 6 homes

I knew he was a baller because I got a mini O just standing next to him. That was the first time that ever happened. I get turned on in the presence of money. He had money and oh so much power. My knees tried to buckle. lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Why are single moms shamed but single fathers are praised?

Started by Felisha Johnson in Talk Ish. Last reply by University of Smitty 8 hours ago. 28 Replies

Anyone noticed that, doesn't matter race it's just in general. Anyone been on social media and see the flooding of pics with father single one's and all and it be met with praise, admiration and joy?…Continue

Maca Root for Energy

Started by SMSLove in Talk Ish. Last reply by SweetGaPeach 15 hours ago. 13 Replies

Good Morning Ladies,I’ve been reading about Maca Root and they say it gives you energy. Those of you that’s tried it, did it boost your energy? They also say it makes you happy.I work 12 hour days, a…Continue

Best Celebrity Sex Tape???

Started by SMSLove in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sheli 17 hours ago. 3 Replies

Who has the best sex tape? Who would you like to see in one? Tommy and Pam still hold the title for me. I would love to see a Rihanna or Amber Rose sex tape....Continue

Tags: sextape

Need Advice

Started by DC but I Travel in Talk Ish 19 hours ago. 0 Replies

I am extremely new to this. I have vacations setup for this summer: Chicago, LA, NYC, Miami, Toronto, and one carribean spot. No, I don't have it like that. I make decent money and I consider it an…Continue

Tags: new, LA, Miami, Chicago

Latest Activity

V commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Brandy Norwood's Watch What Happens Live Fendi Interccio Pattern Leather Jacket, Fendi Printed Silk Tapered Pants, and Giuseppe Sandals
"Brandy's hair and outfit look great."
1 hour ago
AllyNWonderland and Shane are now friends
1 hour ago
AllyNWonderland commented on Eleven8's blog post Houston Texans Fan Finally Gets A Pic With The Real Arian Foster
"Has any dot identified the catfish yet?!?!"
1 hour ago
selfmade updated their profile
4 hours ago
Mama Dragon Slayer Puss commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Rita Ora's NYC Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2014 One Sleeved Leather Jacket, Collared Lace Top, Leather Shorts, and Giuseppe Zanotti Gladiator Sandals:
"Rita's hair and face...NO....loves the sandals tho"
6 hours ago
Mama Dragon Slayer Puss commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Brandy Norwood's Watch What Happens Live Fendi Interccio Pattern Leather Jacket, Fendi Printed Silk Tapered Pants, and Giuseppe Sandals
"She looks great here and I love her hair!"
6 hours ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
7 hours ago
Peachkyss's 3 blog posts were featured
7 hours ago
Profile Iconyolanda edwards, Princess watkins, neena and 42 more joined Baller Alert.com
7 hours ago
B Thang commented on Eleven8's blog post In Who Asked News: LHHNY's Erica Jean Wants You To Know She Does Not Have A Sex Tape
"Get that paycheck Iyanla lol!"
8 hours ago
University of Smitty replied to Felisha Johnson's discussion Why are single moms shamed but single fathers are praised?
"I disagree.  I'm not saying that all men who walk away weren't in love.  What…"
8 hours ago
Eleven8 commented on Eleven8's blog post Houston Texans Fan Finally Gets A Pic With The Real Arian Foster
"Arian got her number so I'm sure he's chopping her down as we speak"
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video