In GetEmGirl's post, she says it's better if you are ALONE when you go out. I often go shopping alone and have been to a club by myself (only because the chick that was supposed to meet me there text me AFTER I got there and said she overslept and just woke up) Anyway, is there a way to be at a bar/lounge by yourself and not look like you're on the prowl? It seems awkward to me because everyone else is with their friends or with their significant other, so I dont want to look like I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs until someone approaches. Even when I am at a club and am there with friends, I often separate myself and walk to the bar or just make sure I'm seen by myself so that if there was a guy that wanted to approach, he wont have to try to get to me with my friends there too. But the guys act like they're scared to approach!

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are doing the right thing! These days it's a lot easier to appear "busy." For instance, when alone, you should keep your hands busy, don't worry about walking around. Have a drink in your hand, look at your watch, play with your phone. It will make you look like you got things to do. After you get more comfortable chilling alone, you won't need to do anything but show up. If someone asks you who you there with you can say "I was meeting someone, but..." or just tell them you are rolling for self. It depends on their vibe. But I would suggest saying you meeting someone. because sometimes men like to cling on to you when they know you are alone. It gives you an easy out.

I'm sure other posters will have more tips. But girl, keep doing what you doin...fellas love that. I love a man who can roll through a spot by himself without a gang of dudes.
Its no thing to go out by yourself. If you tell a man you came alone, they will be so much more attracted to your confidence. To be able to come out by yourself and not have to have a girlfriend with you as a clutch turns a guy on. That lets them know you are a GO GETTER. Why should you sit in the house because your girl doesn't want to come out. You meet so many people that way. If you don't feel like being bothered, simply tell the person, I don't feel like being bothered, I'm here by myself to enjoy myself.

I do it all the time. My girls can be lames sometimes and Cassandra's hot ass can't sit still sometimes, so I'll guy by the bar and purchase all my drinks. Guys will send me drinks because they notice I'm by myself. I don't walk around too much, or dance too much by myself. I just sip and watch and leave, sometimes ALOne.

Learn to enjoy yourself, you don't have to have nobody to make you have fun. Have your own fun. Be your own best friend.
It's hard to look confident sometimes when you go out alone. Try not to use your phone as a crutch...arrive early, sit at the bar. Hopefully there is music for you the vibe to as you slowly sip your drink. Talk to the bartender about anything to look approchable to others. Talk to the person next to you, just little light banter nothing heavy. If you are out on an odd weeknight...tell folks it's your birthday week, and you are doing it big every day! Make sure you know your zodiac signs...LOL
I read this post and I got immediately stressed out! LOL and I go out alone often...I think if someone needs a set of rules, they shouldnt go out alone. Perhaps, they are the type to hang with others and that is okay too...no sense in being alone and uncomfortable...
I find it a little difficult to go out solo. Probably has something to do with the places I go but the men are vultures. They go so hard...It's ridiculous sometimes. When I go out alone to mixed bars it's a little more relaxed but all-black bars it's like Animal House. Sometimes I go out to get a drink and some ambiance, but they come one after the other and a lot of the times I get trolls before the fine ones so you know I have straight attitude. Maybe it's just like that in FL? Miami is cool but places like Tampa, Orlando, it's a hassle.
I find it a little difficult to go out solo. Probably has something to do with the places I go but the men are vultures. They go so hard...It's ridiculous sometimes. When I go out alone to mixed bars it's a little more relaxed but all-black bars it's like Animal House. Sometimes I go out to get a drink and some ambiance, but they come one after the other and a lot of the times I get trolls before the fine ones so you know I have straight attitude. Maybe it's just like that in FL? Miami is cool but places like Tampa, Orlando, it's a hassle.
I stress out when I go out alone....I'm afraid I'll look all pressed. But usually I get free drinks, so it turns out well most times. Some of my girls be like...I don't know how you do it. Cabin fever takes it's toll sometimes and I gotta get a taste of the night life.
I go out by myself all the time. I personally text people and check emails to look busy at first. I do that when I have a free moment anyway so it's not like I am doing something out of character. I don't absorb myself in it. But just enough to be busy but still approachable. When someone sends me a drink or approaches me, checking the phone stops and I give that person my attention unless I am not interested. They get the hint either way.
I agree. I think I would do better in a sportsbar type setting where they have flatscreens and while I'm not "acting busy" with my phone, lol, I can at least act like i'm interested in whatever game is on. And then, while I'm at the bar I can order a drink and an appetizer or something.
I love going out by myself, I have more fun and i meet the most interesting people...I always get approached by guys saying they loved my confidence to come out alone...or they think its sexy that I don't run with a crew.

Take a book, it ALWAYS starts convo...get a balckberry, you do a bunch of "busy work" on there...and learn to love your own company...start going to lunch alone, when you're out shopping - it will build your confidence to be alone at a restuarant...

I go on vacations alone...and always have a ball

P.S. NEVER EVER cross your hands over your chest, you will look unapproachable
That's true!! I agree with Cassandra. If you really depend on somebody a majority of the time for fun, then you might always be dolo!!
I have never gone on vacation alone before but i think i will this year. Maybe Vegas. I do feel going out alone can be rather dangerous. Men usually do ask where my friends are. I usually say somewhere else in the club. In the past I have made friends with the bouncers or door people prior to going solo so that someone keeps an eye out. You can never be too safe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Jay Bling Challenges 50 Cent to the "I Love My Daddy" Challenge

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Shantel 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

Floyd's baby mama Josie thought…Continue

New Slang? Young Thug Calls Rich Homie Quan His Hubbie

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Shantel 2 hours ago. 3 Replies

Hubbie though? Wonder how Rich…Continue

Latest Activity

Asimplebijou commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Anna Camp Wearing Lorena Sarbu Spring 2014 Collection For HBO’s Annual Primetime Emmy Awards Post-Awards Reception
"Hit. I love the look"
36 seconds ago
Asimplebijou shared their blog post on Twitter
1 minute ago
Asimplebijou shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
2 minutes ago
Asimplebijou commented on Eleven8's blog post BET's 106 & Park Goes On Hiatus
"They have made too many "mistakes." I'm not so sure they can fix this"
8 minutes ago
Asimplebijou commented on Eleven8's blog post Saints Drew Brees Shows Off His New Daughter
"Awwww. Congrats to the Brees Family"
11 minutes ago
Asimplebijou shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
11 minutes ago
Asimplebijou commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Colin Kaepernick (San Francisco 49ers)
"His body I love"
12 minutes ago
Sunni_Daze commented on Eleven8's blog post Baller Alert Exclusive - Karrueche Blindsided By Blue Ivy Joke At The Last Minute
"Blue Ivy Carter, is not defenseless a child yes, but you see the power that her lil cute fro has…"
28 minutes ago
Eleven8's 3 blog posts were featured
34 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
35 minutes ago
SoLuscious commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Anna Camp Wearing Lorena Sarbu Spring 2014 Collection For HBO’s Annual Primetime Emmy Awards Post-Awards Reception
"Pretty! Hit"
1 hour ago
Shantel liked Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Colin Kaepernick (San Francisco 49ers)
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video