Okay its not an emergency but I'd still like some advice about my hair.
I have a little longer than shoulder length and I'm sick of wearing a wrap or curly wrap or any variation of a wrap, I've had them all.
I had short hair at one point, it did nothing for me.

Do you guys recommend anything? Do people still wear braids? Please help!

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why don't you get a hair book and look at different creative styles. Style it differently, maybe part it different, add some color to it, get it layered, curly it differently. Just play with different styles. Maybe post a picture of something that looks like your hair now.
I've had color, I've had every kind of curl, I've had it layered. It all looks the same to me now.
Do people still wear the more "natural" looking styles, like the africans and afrocentric hairstylists design.
All I see everywhere is long weave/curly weave/lace wigs/infusion.
No to braids. Go to the Hair cuttery. Get a razor cut and allow them to add bangs. Wear it straight for a while. The wraps and curls associated with long and shoulder length hair is boring as hell to me. I stay at the hair cuttery. The bleaching associated with coloring is too dangerous...thins the hair out. Or go to an Ethopian or Dominican shop and let them work it out.
If you need help with your hair go here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/index.php

I have really long, silky hair [bra strap length] thanks to them. I had all kinds of weave and breakage, my hair was a mess.

Now if you need a quick fix, check them out:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/

They know where to get the best weave/lacefronts, and will even tell you how to install it yourself, better than most stylist.

These two sites will save you alot of time and money going to the salons.
Agreed with Noisy_Girl no to the braids.

I say try a color one to three levels lighter than your natural shade. Try highlights. This works well with a banging cut.

Have the stylist cut to frame your face. You wear the hair, don't let it wear you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BallerBoards

Afrika Bambaataa's Ex-Bodyguard Says He's A 'F--king Pedophile'

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

#AfrikaBambaataa's former bodyguard of 10 years, Shamsideen Shariyf Ali Bey, has spoken out about the recent child molestation allegations against the hip-hop pioneer.According to Lord Shariyf,…Continue

Creators of 'The Running Man Challenge' Receive $10k Scholarship on 'The Ellen Show'

Teen creators of the viral "The #RunningManChallenge" probably never expected for their antics to lead them to #Ellen's show. Kevin Vincent and Jeremiah Hall were special guests on 'The Ellen Show'…Continue

Drake Set To Perform and Host SNL

#Views already has the whole world buzzing but #Drake definitely wants to keep it going. The #Toronto rapper is set to perform on and host #SNL some time this month.Drake has done this gig before…Continue

KRS-One Doesn't 'Give A F**k' About The Afrika Bambaataa Sex Abuse Allegations

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by BrownSkin Beauty. 15 hours ago. 1 Reply

KRS-One has a different perspective on the sexual abuse allegations that have been brought forward against #AfrikaBambaataa.During an interview on the "Drink Champs" podcast, the Bronx emcee said "if…Continue

Latest Activity

Asimplebijou posted events
23 minutes ago
Suga Bear commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Street Style: Beyoncé's Formation Tour Featuring Miami, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, & Raleigh
"I love how we get down! My favorite is from @mzcolabeauty. I'm feeling that black and white…"
38 minutes ago
Niko Rose posted a blog post
47 minutes ago
Niko Rose's blog post was featured
47 minutes ago
Eleven8's 6 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
1 hour ago
RubyWoo posted blog posts
1 hour ago
RubyWoo's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Asimplebijou posted discussions
3 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Caitlyn Jenner To Pose Nude For Sports Illustrated
"Puke! When will this madness end!? Foolishness like this is why other countries think Americans…"
4 hours ago
Moving In Silence commented on Eleven8's blog post Ex- NFL Player Accused Of Raping A Developmentally Disabled Woman
"This is so sad either way it plays out."
15 hours ago
BrownSkin Beauty. liked Char Turner's blog post Beyoncé Goes From "Lemonade" To Watermelon - blogged by: @Chargotit
15 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service