Hello everyone, I notice that alot of people on here like to get their nails done. I wanted to get BA's perspective on something. What do you think about false nails? I personally think they arent bad as long as they arent overboard (extra long, crazy designs, etc). How do you feel BA?

Tags: fake, nails

Views: 8105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.
 
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

Omg! Shellac looks so good in pictures but its not worth the risk to my natural nails

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.
 
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

It's when the design on your nail is actually something instead of just being drawn on the nail I had a bow on my ring fingers and it was irritating 

SoLuscious said:

whats 3D?

 


 
Brii said:

+1 I keep the French manicure I tried the 3D nails never again 

baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them

MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.



MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.  
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.


sounds interesting


Brii said:

It's when the design on your nail is actually something instead of just being drawn on the nail I had a bow on my ring fingers and it was irritating 
SoLuscious said:

whats 3D?

 

 
Brii said:

+1 I keep the French manicure I tried the 3D nails never again 
baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them
MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*
 
SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.



MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.  
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

yes i love the round nails as well...im just not feeling the square on me. plus just about everyone here wears square nails.

 



MissMidwest said:

Stiletto nails are the kind that Draya, Rihanna & Beyonce rock except I keep mine a little more rounded so they don't look like daggers like Lady Gaga's do. They are sexy! I'll upload a picture for you :)
baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them
MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.



MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*  
SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.


MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

I like the gel because it is so strong. The acetone not affecting them is why I wear them. It is easy to change my nail color if I need to extend my mani, and the composition of the gel is is shiny. So even if I don't wear polish, they still look polished. I usually let me grow two weeks extra when I want to get a new set. They will have lifted a bit, and are then easier to self-remove by sliding a thin peice of paper under the lifted area. I don't have patience to wait for anything to soak off, lol

SoLuscious said:

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.


MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*   SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

lol

a piece of paper...thats crafty! im not that good.



Love is a Losing Game said:

I like the gel because it is so strong. The acetone not affecting them is why I wear them. It is easy to change my nail color if I need to extend my mani, and the composition of the gel is is shiny. So even if I don't wear polish, they still look polished. I usually let me grow two weeks extra when I want to get a new set. They will have lifted a bit, and are then easier to self-remove by sliding a thin peice of paper under the lifted area. I don't have patience to wait for anything to soak off, lol

SoLuscious said:

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.


MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*   SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

I used to get acrylic nails all through high school.  Not anymore... I wear my natural nail with a very pale pink polish.  Short, nice and classic.  I tried gel nails once and it wasn't done well and promptly went back to my natural nail.

sounds pretty



Monica Amazing said:

I used to get acrylic nails all through high school.  Not anymore... I wear my natural nail with a very pale pink polish.  Short, nice and classic.  I tried gel nails once and it wasn't done well and promptly went back to my natural nail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

Heeeyyyy new to Baller Alert and looking to meet new friends! :)

Started by Natasha Thomas in Talk Ish. Last reply by Miss Southern Belle 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

Hi everyone my name is Natasha i am 20 and i model, new to this site i love reading blogs so i just thought hey why not sign up.!! lol i love to have fun and meet new people as well as read and talk…Continue

MET AN A LIST ARTIST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.... HE WANTS TO HANG OUT AGAIN... NEED ADVICE

Started by Lindsay Nicole in Talk Ish. Last reply by Beautiful Brownie 3 hours ago. 3 Replies

OK SOOOO I MET A VERRRRRY FAMOUS RAPPER WHEN I WAS OUT A COUPLE NIGHTS AGO AND WE REALLY HIT IT OFF... WE EXCHANGED NUMBERS AND WE'VE BEEN TEXTING (SMALL TALK) AND HE WANTS TO SEE ME AGAIN ASAP. THIS…Continue

Peaceful Protests Around The Nation

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

After it was announced on Monday night that Darren Wilson would not be indicted for the murder of Michael Brown, people everywhere took their anger and frustration to the streets. While there was a…Continue

New to ballerAlert and Atlanta

Started by Beautiful T in Talk Ish. Last reply by AlterEgo 14 hours ago. 5 Replies

Hey Dolls,I'm new to ballerAlert and Atlanta. I wanted to know if there's any ladies that wants to hang out that's located in Atlanta. I really want to meet new people, and have fun!Continue

Latest Activity

Beautiful Brownie liked RubyWoo's discussion Peaceful Protests Around The Nation
3 hours ago
Miss Southern Belle replied to Natasha Thomas's discussion Heeeyyyy new to Baller Alert and looking to meet new friends! :)
"Hi, Welcome! What area are you in?"
3 hours ago
Beautiful Brownie replied to Lindsay Nicole's discussion MET AN A LIST ARTIST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.... HE WANTS TO HANG OUT AGAIN... NEED ADVICE
"I agree with 11.  Honestly I would ask him some of the stuff that I already know about…"
3 hours ago
RubyWoo posted a discussion

Peaceful Protests Around The Nation

After it was announced on Monday night that Darren Wilson would not be indicted for the murder of…See More
4 hours ago
Toya johnson commented on Eleven8's blog post Watch The Love & Hip Hop New York Trailers (VIDEOS)
"its too fake and everyone who made the show aint on no more so f*** it cut the whole series"
4 hours ago
Brazil commented on Eleven8's blog post Halle Berry Says Baby Daddy Gabriel Is Trying to Make Their Daughter White
"Everything that glitters @ the moment aint gold. He can't make or turn her into anything that…"
6 hours ago
Brazil commented on Peachkyss's blog post Magazine Fab: Kim Kardashian-West For Elle UK By Jean-Baptiste Mondino
"@ Ginger, I agree completely! But don't you dare fix your lips to tell them they don't…"
6 hours ago
Lindsay Nicole replied to Lindsay Nicole's discussion MET AN A LIST ARTIST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.... HE WANTS TO HANG OUT AGAIN... NEED ADVICE
"LOL THIS IS TRUE... AND NOPE NOT TI LOL"
8 hours ago
Eleven8 replied to Lindsay Nicole's discussion MET AN A LIST ARTIST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.... HE WANTS TO HANG OUT AGAIN... NEED ADVICE
"Sounds like TI lol... but nah, why ask him questions? Talk to him like he's a regular person.…"
8 hours ago
Lindsay Nicole posted a discussion

MET AN A LIST ARTIST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.... HE WANTS TO HANG OUT AGAIN... NEED ADVICE

OK SOOOO I MET A VERRRRRY FAMOUS RAPPER WHEN I WAS OUT A COUPLE NIGHTS AGO AND WE REALLY HIT IT…See More
8 hours ago
Formally Known as Ginger commented on Peachkyss's blog post Magazine Fab: Kim Kardashian-West For Elle UK By Jean-Baptiste Mondino
"I'm tired of her, period. I wish I had her talent of having no talent yet being a lucrative,…"
8 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video