Hello everyone, I notice that alot of people on here like to get their nails done. I wanted to get BA's perspective on something. What do you think about false nails? I personally think they arent bad as long as they arent overboard (extra long, crazy designs, etc). How do you feel BA?

Tags: fake, nails

Views: 8022

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.
 
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

Omg! Shellac looks so good in pictures but its not worth the risk to my natural nails

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.
 
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

It's when the design on your nail is actually something instead of just being drawn on the nail I had a bow on my ring fingers and it was irritating 

SoLuscious said:

whats 3D?

 


 
Brii said:

+1 I keep the French manicure I tried the 3D nails never again 

baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them

MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.



MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.  
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.


sounds interesting


Brii said:

It's when the design on your nail is actually something instead of just being drawn on the nail I had a bow on my ring fingers and it was irritating 
SoLuscious said:

whats 3D?

 

 
Brii said:

+1 I keep the French manicure I tried the 3D nails never again 
baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them
MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*
 
SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.



MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.  
Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

yes i love the round nails as well...im just not feeling the square on me. plus just about everyone here wears square nails.

 



MissMidwest said:

Stiletto nails are the kind that Draya, Rihanna & Beyonce rock except I keep mine a little more rounded so they don't look like daggers like Lady Gaga's do. They are sexy! I'll upload a picture for you :)
baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them
MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.



MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*  
SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.


MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

I like the gel because it is so strong. The acetone not affecting them is why I wear them. It is easy to change my nail color if I need to extend my mani, and the composition of the gel is is shiny. So even if I don't wear polish, they still look polished. I usually let me grow two weeks extra when I want to get a new set. They will have lifted a bit, and are then easier to self-remove by sliding a thin peice of paper under the lifted area. I don't have patience to wait for anything to soak off, lol

SoLuscious said:

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.


MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*   SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

lol

a piece of paper...thats crafty! im not that good.



Love is a Losing Game said:

I like the gel because it is so strong. The acetone not affecting them is why I wear them. It is easy to change my nail color if I need to extend my mani, and the composition of the gel is is shiny. So even if I don't wear polish, they still look polished. I usually let me grow two weeks extra when I want to get a new set. They will have lifted a bit, and are then easier to self-remove by sliding a thin peice of paper under the lifted area. I don't have patience to wait for anything to soak off, lol

SoLuscious said:

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.


MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*   SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

 

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

I used to get acrylic nails all through high school.  Not anymore... I wear my natural nail with a very pale pink polish.  Short, nice and classic.  I tried gel nails once and it wasn't done well and promptly went back to my natural nail.

sounds pretty



Monica Amazing said:

I used to get acrylic nails all through high school.  Not anymore... I wear my natural nail with a very pale pink polish.  Short, nice and classic.  I tried gel nails once and it wasn't done well and promptly went back to my natural nail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Ballerific Events

Connect


BallerBoards

Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Moving In Silence 4 hours ago. 1 Reply

After a DNA test proved that…Continue

The Dream Shares His Wedding Photos

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 9 hours ago. 0 Replies

The Dream got married for a third…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 9 hours ago. 5 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Job Alert! - Open Call for Ace of Diamonds Gentlemen's Club

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 16 hours ago. 0 Replies

Ace of Diamonds, the brand new…Continue

Latest Activity

Sandy Cheeks commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"The show shouldn't be called basketball wives seeing that none of them are married to…"
34 minutes ago
RubyWoo's 3 events were featured
1 hour ago
RubyWoo posted events
1 hour ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"What's the tea between her and Brittish? We need the full backstory before watching the new…"
1 hour ago
Billy Official commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"He is FINE w that babyface! Lol--but really, i follow her IG and she was just so in love w some guy…"
2 hours ago
Billy Official commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"He is FINE w that babyface! Lol--but really, i follow her IG and she was just so in love w some guy…"
2 hours ago
TheLadyJosephine commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Baller Alert's Vintage Baller (Throwback Thursday): Michael Jackson
"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! Wooo....my 13 year old self had flashbacks. Michael was…"
2 hours ago
siarasheree commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"I thnk she's from Houston"
2 hours ago
siarasheree commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
2 hours ago
Tone commented on Eleven8's blog post I'm A Female Baller, How Do I Still Make Him Feel Like The Man
"Women are the only ones that develop the issue not men."
3 hours ago
McKenna Hylton commented on Eleven8's blog post Rich Dollaz Speaks Out On Child Support Arrest
"l agree."
3 hours ago
V commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Baller Alert's Vintage Baller (Throwback Thursday): Michael Jackson
"Lawd I STILL love me some MJ! Every stage-from brown to beige to pale. Love him, RIP to the…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video