Hello everyone, I notice that alot of people on here like to get their nails done. I wanted to get BA's perspective on something. What do you think about false nails? I personally think they arent bad as long as they arent overboard (extra long, crazy designs, etc). How do you feel BA?

Tags: fake, nails

Views: 8009

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.

Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

Omg! Shellac looks so good in pictures but its not worth the risk to my natural nails

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.

Sissy said:

Shellac/gel works well in the sense that they last long and don't chip, but they break your natural nails eventually.

It's when the design on your nail is actually something instead of just being drawn on the nail I had a bow on my ring fingers and it was irritating 

SoLuscious said:

whats 3D?

Brii said:

+1 I keep the French manicure I tried the 3D nails never again 

baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them

MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.

Sissy said:

sounds interesting

Brii said:

It's when the design on your nail is actually something instead of just being drawn on the nail I had a bow on my ring fingers and it was irritating 
SoLuscious said:

whats 3D?

Brii said:

+1 I keep the French manicure I tried the 3D nails never again 
baller Lover said:
I love them to! i like to keep them short with a french manicure. To me it looks simple and classy. What are stiletto nails i've never heard of them
MissMidwest said:
I couldn't live without my acrylics! There's something about getting a fresh fill every 2 weeks that makes me feel pretty and fresh. I have stiletto nails (not super pointed though) and I LOVE them. The only time acrylics look bad are if they are too long, too grown out, or that crazy fluorescent pink we all got for Spring Break as freshman lol 

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*

SoLuscious said:

youre supposed to wear them for the 2 weeks...then let your nails breathe for a few days in between.

what i usually do is get my natural nail silk wrapped. theres not a lot of chemicals involved in the silk wrap...and the silk is a breathable material. so when it wears off, your nails are just fine.

i usually do the silk wrap and leave that on my nails with a nice color or french design for 2 weeks, then soak those off...nails are just fine, then do the shellac mani for another 2 weeks.

Sissy said:

yes i love the round nails as well...im just not feeling the square on me. plus just about everyone here wears square nails.

MissMidwest said:

Stiletto nails are the kind that Draya, Rihanna & Beyonce rock except I keep mine a little more rounded so they don't look like daggers like Lady Gaga's do. They are sexy! I'll upload a picture for you :)
baller Lover said:
MissMidwest said:

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*  
SoLuscious said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

I like the gel because it is so strong. The acetone not affecting them is why I wear them. It is easy to change my nail color if I need to extend my mani, and the composition of the gel is is shiny. So even if I don't wear polish, they still look polished. I usually let me grow two weeks extra when I want to get a new set. They will have lifted a bit, and are then easier to self-remove by sliding a thin peice of paper under the lifted area. I don't have patience to wait for anything to soak off, lol

SoLuscious said:

theyre both easy to soak off at home. Trying to figure out how to soak off the gel mani was a challenge tho...because acetone doesnt even affect them.

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*   SoLuscious said:

YES.. ive been wearing mine for about 8 weeks now.  they made my more than half my nails break waaay down.  I just had it soaked off, my nails look soo ugly.  my natural nails now have a lil bump in them.   Sissy said:

lol

a piece of paper...thats crafty! im not that good.

Love is a Losing Game said:

I like the gel because it is so strong. The acetone not affecting them is why I wear them. It is easy to change my nail color if I need to extend my mani, and the composition of the gel is is shiny. So even if I don't wear polish, they still look polished. I usually let me grow two weeks extra when I want to get a new set. They will have lifted a bit, and are then easier to self-remove by sliding a thin peice of paper under the lifted area. I don't have patience to wait for anything to soak off, lol

SoLuscious said:

I guess thats why they charge you more to get it soaked off when not getting them redone.  *shrugs*   SoLuscious said:

I used to get acrylic nails all through high school.  Not anymore... I wear my natural nail with a very pale pink polish.  Short, nice and classic.  I tried gel nails once and it wasn't done well and promptly went back to my natural nail.

sounds pretty

Monica Amazing said:

I used to get acrylic nails all through high school.  Not anymore... I wear my natural nail with a very pale pink polish.  Short, nice and classic.  I tried gel nails once and it wasn't done well and promptly went back to my natural nail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Drake Creeps on Blac Chyna, Lil Duval Chimes In

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tone 3 hours ago. 4 Replies

Drake was caught liking a bunch of…Continue

Latest Activity

Niko Rose commented on Eleven8's blog post Hank Baskett Tells FBI Transexual Extorted Him
"His defense sucks"
53 minutes ago
Eleven8's 4 blog posts were featured
56 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
59 minutes ago
V liked Eleven8's blog post Another One (Will Soon) Bite The Dust: Bengels WR AJ Green To Wed Girlfriend Miranda Brooke
2 hours ago
Tone replied to RubyWoo's discussion Drake Creeps on Blac Chyna, Lil Duval Chimes In
"Both tyga and drake are Simps"
3 hours ago
Life's Journey commented on Eleven8's blog post Are You Ready For: Prison Wives Club? (Sneak Peek)
"That woman on the far left in the purple dress looks like she's trying so hard to pull off…"
5 hours ago
Life's Journey commented on Eleven8's blog post Are You Ready For: Prison Wives Club? (Sneak Peek)
"@Sean.... Good idea for your show but it would never work... People only like drama and…"
5 hours ago
"Same old show but with a different name... Lets just call theses wives shows "Women who fight…"
5 hours ago
Asimplebijou liked Eleven8's blog post Another One (Will Soon) Bite The Dust: Bengels WR AJ Green To Wed Girlfriend Miranda Brooke
12 hours ago
Niko Rose commented on Eleven8's blog post Revolt TV's DJ Damage & Sib Vicious Give Great Advice On Becoming A TV Personality (VIDEO)
"Very true. I would go to the radio station with my girl and watch her pull interviews out of…"
12 hours ago
Asimplebijou commented on Eleven8's blog post Revolt TV's DJ Damage & Sib Vicious Give Great Advice On Becoming A TV Personality (VIDEO)
"Needed this. Thanks"
12 hours ago
Eleven8 commented on Eleven8's blog post Revolt TV's DJ Damage & Sib Vicious Give Great Advice On Becoming A TV Personality (VIDEO)
"There advice was spot on. I see a lot of people who think just simply doing interviews is easy..I…"
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video