Stephen A Smith Says Tyrese Maxey Should Have Been Granted a Foul at the End of Game Two
Tyrese Maxey Getty

Stephen A Smith Says Tyrese Maxey Should Have Been Granted a Foul at the End of Game Two

Every Philadelphia 76ers and their fans have every right to be upset with how the officiating took place to end game two of their playoff series against the New York Knicks. Sixty-nine points Tyrese Maxey and Joel Embiid combined for, they gave it their all last night. In a tied game with less than twenty seconds to go, there was an inbound that the Knicks ended up with, even though it seemed as if Maxey was fouled twice.

Inevitably, Maxey could not maintain possession of the ball, and a timeout was never granted to the Sixers. Knicks guard Donte DiVincenzo hit a three to give the Knicks a three-point lead with seconds left. The Sixers’ Head Coach, Nick Nurse, was disgusted with the officiating and was adamant that he called for a timeout, and it was not granted.

“I called timeout. The referee looked right at me and ignored me. Tyrese Maxey got the ball. I called timeout again, he ignored me again.”

Stephen A Smith, an avid New York Knicks fan, admitted that a foul should have been called when the ball was inbounded to Maxey. 

Joel Embiid was disappointed but he believes that his team is the better team and he says that they will win this series. 

“We should be 2-0, but we good we are going to win this series. We know what we have to fix and we did a better job today and we are going to fix it. But we are the better team and we will keep fighting.

The Sixers are down 2-0. Embiid is banged up, and the lack of help that the supporting cast is giving their duo will not be enough to beat this Knicks team in four out of six games. It will be on them to get out of this rut and help this team turn around their fortune at home on Thursday. 

About camwrites

Check Also

Shooting For Equity: Inside The Pay Gap Debate Between WNBA And NBA Salaries

Shooting For Equity: Inside The Pay Gap Debate Between WNBA And NBA Salaries

When it comes to sports, there’s no denying the thrill of competition and the dedication …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading