Hi Everybody!
*Waves Real Hard*  So today in class my professor gave us an assignment with no details on what he expected us to do so I proceed to ask questions and out the blue this man tells me "Stop acting white, because at the end of the day you still a nigga no matter how light you are and how proper you talk."  
Now I looked at this man and asked him what exactly does acting white mean?  What does it consist of? He looks at me and decides to not answer my question.. So not only did everybody stare at us the whole class topic changed to race and the s*** is not too thrilling to me.. So BA can somebody please tell me what the hell is acting white? I'm trying my best not to cuss this man out in front of all these white people but I see I'm going to have to get him straight

Views: 964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

LOL oh no my professor didn't say that s*** he better not after all the emails he sent me not regarding class it was my classmate 

McKenna Hylton said:

Bri you're waaaay better then me bc I surely would have showed my WHOLE ass in that class. TF!?!? It would have made local, national and international news bc stuff like that makes me go ALL the way in my bag. Niggas in paris would have been talking about my crazy ass lol. Girl you need to go to the dean and make him make your prof give you both a written and verbal apology. He had no right to speak to you like that and I bet if you throw around phrases like ACLU, discrimination, professional code of conduct and hate speech the dean will have him singing a brand new tune. *then call pookie and them and have his car tipped (hows that for acing white lol)*

Yes sir Tenneesee 

Tone said:
Brii you live down south now?

@Brii: Wow, I am sorry this dude is ignorant. By the way, I love how you wave, lol. I think he is "jealous" of how you carry yourself and you care about your education. With that being said, maybe he is implying that black folks don't carry themselves "correctly" and not care about his or her education??? I am not sure but that is what I am picking up from him. 

I'm so over people today. I really am. I would say so much but I'm.not lol. That man is ignorant ass hell btw

Girl, it's the dumbest s*** I ever heard.  I'm from outside of Nashville so I know how ignorant they can get in TN!!!

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?
Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

You should refer your classmate to Kirk, they both can speak fluent Ignorance and bet you they'll find a lot in common lol

Lmfao!!! I'm so d-e-a-d...dead!



Creative Bee said:

You should refer your classmate to Kirk, they both can speak fluent Ignorance and bet you they'll find a lot in common lol

I can't believe how eloquently Tone put that. I was so in shock I didn't have shyt to add. Basically what he means is that some people believe the garbage hyped on tv and the reality shows about black people. When they see a black person who is not living and breathing those stereotypes it threatens them and their beliefs. The fact that another black person said this to you shows that he not only comes from a low class background, he has let it color his thinking and beliefs until he doesn't even believe he can do much better. How dare you aspire to be more than he thinks he can be.

A lot of people are really messed up in the head when it comes to their self worth. Him being a black man and evidently not feeling to good about himself, when he sees a young beautiful black woman whose values herself and her life more than he does his own probably p***** him off.

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

Good job Tone!!!!!!!

Brii, ignore him. And continue doing what you're doing!!!
Not all black people are fluent in Ebonics and have a subscription to hip hop weekly. He may be from a family of niggas & he doesn't know any better. Either way, it's not your problem.

Brii said:
Which means what?

Tone said:

  Being white in America has  always been about having freedom to do what you wanted to do. But being black has always been about having limits to what you want to do.   So when some people see a black person not living in the limits of what was given to us they claim you are acting white.

lol. You really better than me then. Classmate!! I wish a nigga would!! For the rest of his life he would be too traumatized to use the word nigga out loud. After class it would have been me, him, and whoever answered the phone fastest. Goodbye "becky from the burbs" hello "west philly jilly" lol. I got your nigga sir and I'll raise you 14 *my team goes hard lol*



Brii said:

LOL oh no my professor didn't say that s*** he better not after all the emails he sent me not regarding class it was my classmate 

McKenna Hylton said:

Bri you're waaaay better then me bc I surely would have showed my WHOLE ass in that class. TF!?!? It would have made local, national and international news bc stuff like that makes me go ALL the way in my bag. Niggas in paris would have been talking about my crazy ass lol. Girl you need to go to the dean and make him make your prof give you both a written and verbal apology. He had no right to speak to you like that and I bet if you throw around phrases like ACLU, discrimination, professional code of conduct and hate speech the dean will have him singing a brand new tune. *then call pookie and them and have his car tipped (hows that for acing white lol)*

Agree 100%.  Unfortunately you will have to act like a ninja with this fool because he will do this again if not confronted.  When you get the chance, pull him to the side and go OFF......stupid mofo.



CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I can't believe how eloquently Tone put that. I was so in shock I didn't have shyt to add. Basically what he means is that some people believe the garbage hyped on tv and the reality shows about black people. When they see a black person who is not living and breathing those stereotypes it threatens them and their beliefs. The fact that another black person said this to you shows that he not only comes from a low class background, he has let it color his thinking and beliefs until he doesn't even believe he can do much better. How dare you aspire to be more than he thinks he can be.

A lot of people are really messed up in the head when it comes to their self worth. Him being a black man and evidently not feeling to good about himself, when he sees a young beautiful black woman whose values herself and her life more than he does his own probably p***** him off.

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BallerBoards

Masika Calls Out Fetty Wap for Being a Bad Parent

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by SoLuscious 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

#FettyWap just can't catch a break when it comes to his reality star baby mama #Masika. #TMZ reports that Masika is accusing Fetty of being a bad father by allowing internet trolls to verbally attack…Continue

Nick Young's Baby Mama Sells Her Side of the Story

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by SoLuscious 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

#NickYoung's baby mama is not afraid to let the world know that she was the side chick during his relationship with #IggyAzalea. #TMZ reports that #KeonnaGreen is pregnant again with Young's baby.…Continue

What's Happening?

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by Alagie Khan 3 hours ago. 16 Replies

How's everyone doing?Continue

Jessica Williams Leaving 'Daily Show'

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

Comedienne #JessicaWilliams will officially be making her departure from #TheDailyShow. #ComedyCentral announced the news this morning via #Twitter. The change is due to Williams signing a…Continue

Latest Activity

Alagie Khan liked RubyWoo's profile
56 minutes ago
SoLuscious commented on Lauren Flanigan's blog post Leslie Jones Gets The Cold Shoulder From Clothing Designers Because Of Her Size - blogged by: @proudlylauren
"Why  didnt she just hire a stylist or simply buy her own dress, in advance?"
2 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Fantasia Wearing Marie + Annette Sophie Ruffled Fringe Dress
"Fanny looks gorgeous!!!! Everything is on point!"
2 hours ago
SoLuscious replied to Asimplebijou's discussion Masika Calls Out Fetty Wap for Being a Bad Parent
"So sad for all the children involved in this foolery."
2 hours ago
SoLuscious replied to Asimplebijou's discussion Nick Young's Baby Mama Sells Her Side of the Story
"is it really that serious tho?"
2 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Niko Rose's blog post Amber Rose Says 21 Women Have Confided in Her Alleging Ian Connor Raped Them - blogged by @niksofly
"Amber is such a gross person."
2 hours ago
Kylie Snow updated their profile
2 hours ago
Alagie Khan replied to Baller Alert's discussion What's Happening?
"Ohh am in new life ...Ohh God great .....I greet you all in one heart. ."
3 hours ago
Asimplebijou posted discussions
3 hours ago
Lilian Rogers joined imani's group
Thumbnail

BA GIRLS IN MIAMI

This is a group for the calssy and motivated women in the Mami Dade/Broward county area. This group…See More
3 hours ago
Lilian Rogers liked Asimplebijou's event MIA - Miami Nice 2016 Labor Day Weekend Party 9/2 -9/5
4 hours ago
Merlin posted a status
4 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service