Hi Everybody!
*Waves Real Hard*  So today in class my professor gave us an assignment with no details on what he expected us to do so I proceed to ask questions and out the blue this man tells me "Stop acting white, because at the end of the day you still a nigga no matter how light you are and how proper you talk."  
Now I looked at this man and asked him what exactly does acting white mean?  What does it consist of? He looks at me and decides to not answer my question.. So not only did everybody stare at us the whole class topic changed to race and the s*** is not too thrilling to me.. So BA can somebody please tell me what the hell is acting white? I'm trying my best not to cuss this man out in front of all these white people but I see I'm going to have to get him straight

Views: 964

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

LOL oh no my professor didn't say that s*** he better not after all the emails he sent me not regarding class it was my classmate 

McKenna Hylton said:

Bri you're waaaay better then me bc I surely would have showed my WHOLE ass in that class. TF!?!? It would have made local, national and international news bc stuff like that makes me go ALL the way in my bag. Niggas in paris would have been talking about my crazy ass lol. Girl you need to go to the dean and make him make your prof give you both a written and verbal apology. He had no right to speak to you like that and I bet if you throw around phrases like ACLU, discrimination, professional code of conduct and hate speech the dean will have him singing a brand new tune. *then call pookie and them and have his car tipped (hows that for acing white lol)*

Yes sir Tenneesee 

Tone said:
Brii you live down south now?

@Brii: Wow, I am sorry this dude is ignorant. By the way, I love how you wave, lol. I think he is "jealous" of how you carry yourself and you care about your education. With that being said, maybe he is implying that black folks don't carry themselves "correctly" and not care about his or her education??? I am not sure but that is what I am picking up from him. 

I'm so over people today. I really am. I would say so much but I'm.not lol. That man is ignorant ass hell btw

Girl, it's the dumbest s*** I ever heard.  I'm from outside of Nashville so I know how ignorant they can get in TN!!!

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?
Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

You should refer your classmate to Kirk, they both can speak fluent Ignorance and bet you they'll find a lot in common lol

Lmfao!!! I'm so d-e-a-d...dead!



Creative Bee said:

You should refer your classmate to Kirk, they both can speak fluent Ignorance and bet you they'll find a lot in common lol

I can't believe how eloquently Tone put that. I was so in shock I didn't have shyt to add. Basically what he means is that some people believe the garbage hyped on tv and the reality shows about black people. When they see a black person who is not living and breathing those stereotypes it threatens them and their beliefs. The fact that another black person said this to you shows that he not only comes from a low class background, he has let it color his thinking and beliefs until he doesn't even believe he can do much better. How dare you aspire to be more than he thinks he can be.

A lot of people are really messed up in the head when it comes to their self worth. Him being a black man and evidently not feeling to good about himself, when he sees a young beautiful black woman whose values herself and her life more than he does his own probably p***** him off.

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

Good job Tone!!!!!!!

Brii, ignore him. And continue doing what you're doing!!!
Not all black people are fluent in Ebonics and have a subscription to hip hop weekly. He may be from a family of niggas & he doesn't know any better. Either way, it's not your problem.

Brii said:
Which means what?

Tone said:

  Being white in America has  always been about having freedom to do what you wanted to do. But being black has always been about having limits to what you want to do.   So when some people see a black person not living in the limits of what was given to us they claim you are acting white.

lol. You really better than me then. Classmate!! I wish a nigga would!! For the rest of his life he would be too traumatized to use the word nigga out loud. After class it would have been me, him, and whoever answered the phone fastest. Goodbye "becky from the burbs" hello "west philly jilly" lol. I got your nigga sir and I'll raise you 14 *my team goes hard lol*



Brii said:

LOL oh no my professor didn't say that s*** he better not after all the emails he sent me not regarding class it was my classmate 

McKenna Hylton said:

Bri you're waaaay better then me bc I surely would have showed my WHOLE ass in that class. TF!?!? It would have made local, national and international news bc stuff like that makes me go ALL the way in my bag. Niggas in paris would have been talking about my crazy ass lol. Girl you need to go to the dean and make him make your prof give you both a written and verbal apology. He had no right to speak to you like that and I bet if you throw around phrases like ACLU, discrimination, professional code of conduct and hate speech the dean will have him singing a brand new tune. *then call pookie and them and have his car tipped (hows that for acing white lol)*

Agree 100%.  Unfortunately you will have to act like a ninja with this fool because he will do this again if not confronted.  When you get the chance, pull him to the side and go OFF......stupid mofo.



CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I can't believe how eloquently Tone put that. I was so in shock I didn't have shyt to add. Basically what he means is that some people believe the garbage hyped on tv and the reality shows about black people. When they see a black person who is not living and breathing those stereotypes it threatens them and their beliefs. The fact that another black person said this to you shows that he not only comes from a low class background, he has let it color his thinking and beliefs until he doesn't even believe he can do much better. How dare you aspire to be more than he thinks he can be.

A lot of people are really messed up in the head when it comes to their self worth. Him being a black man and evidently not feeling to good about himself, when he sees a young beautiful black woman whose values herself and her life more than he does his own probably p***** him off.

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BallerBoards

That walk across the stage.

Started by Student Beauty in Talk Ish. Last reply by EmpressSoDivine 7 hours ago. 2 Replies

Hello,I hope everyone has been well. I really miss you all. But, guess what? Finally, I am graduating with my Bachelors in CIS.. Yes! Jesus was my caseworker. I can remember when my stupid ex would…Continue

Chris Brown's Stalker Gets Arrested Again At His Home

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish 15 hours ago. 0 Replies

Seems as if #ChrisBrown just can't catch a break when it comes to his obsessed fans. For the second time, a fan has been arrested for trespassing at Brown's home.Officers say #DaniellePatti waited…Continue

KRS-One Doesn't 'Give A F**k' About The Afrika Bambaataa Sex Abuse Allegations

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish on Saturday. 0 Replies

KRS-One has a different perspective on the sexual abuse allegations that have been brought forward against #AfrikaBambaataa.During an interview on the "Drink Champs" podcast, the Bronx emcee said "if…Continue

Oakland Raiders Possibly Moving to Las Vegas

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish on Saturday. 0 Replies

#MarkDavis, owner of the #OaklandRaiders, is now considering moving the team to sin city. Davis appeared at the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee and talked about possibly moving the…Continue

Latest Activity

EmpressSoDivine replied to Student Beauty's discussion That walk across the stage.
"Congratulations girl! And forget your bitter ex :-)"
7 hours ago
Niko Rose commented on Eleven8's blog post I'm Pullin Up On You!: Rockets Trevor Ariza Got Time Today Cuz (See Tweets)
"Lmbo."
12 hours ago
Eleven8's 3 blog posts were featured
13 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
13 hours ago
Asimplebijou posted a discussion

Chris Brown's Stalker Gets Arrested Again At His Home

Seems as if #ChrisBrown just can't catch a break when it comes to his obsessed fans. For the second…See More
15 hours ago
Asimplebijou posted events
16 hours ago
Asimplebijou's 5 events were featured
16 hours ago
Kelsey Ceara Woods posted blog posts
16 hours ago
Kelsey Ceara Woods's 2 blog posts were featured
17 hours ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
17 hours ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
17 hours ago
Niko Rose posted a blog post
18 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service