Hi Everybody!
*Waves Real Hard*  So today in class my professor gave us an assignment with no details on what he expected us to do so I proceed to ask questions and out the blue this man tells me "Stop acting white, because at the end of the day you still a nigga no matter how light you are and how proper you talk."  
Now I looked at this man and asked him what exactly does acting white mean?  What does it consist of? He looks at me and decides to not answer my question.. So not only did everybody stare at us the whole class topic changed to race and the s*** is not too thrilling to me.. So BA can somebody please tell me what the hell is acting white? I'm trying my best not to cuss this man out in front of all these white people but I see I'm going to have to get him straight

Views: 969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

LOL oh no my professor didn't say that s*** he better not after all the emails he sent me not regarding class it was my classmate 

McKenna Hylton said:

Bri you're waaaay better then me bc I surely would have showed my WHOLE ass in that class. TF!?!? It would have made local, national and international news bc stuff like that makes me go ALL the way in my bag. Niggas in paris would have been talking about my crazy ass lol. Girl you need to go to the dean and make him make your prof give you both a written and verbal apology. He had no right to speak to you like that and I bet if you throw around phrases like ACLU, discrimination, professional code of conduct and hate speech the dean will have him singing a brand new tune. *then call pookie and them and have his car tipped (hows that for acing white lol)*

Yes sir Tenneesee 

Tone said:
Brii you live down south now?

@Brii: Wow, I am sorry this dude is ignorant. By the way, I love how you wave, lol. I think he is "jealous" of how you carry yourself and you care about your education. With that being said, maybe he is implying that black folks don't carry themselves "correctly" and not care about his or her education??? I am not sure but that is what I am picking up from him. 

I'm so over people today. I really am. I would say so much but I'm.not lol. That man is ignorant ass hell btw

Girl, it's the dumbest s*** I ever heard.  I'm from outside of Nashville so I know how ignorant they can get in TN!!!

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?
Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

You should refer your classmate to Kirk, they both can speak fluent Ignorance and bet you they'll find a lot in common lol

Lmfao!!! I'm so d-e-a-d...dead!



Creative Bee said:

You should refer your classmate to Kirk, they both can speak fluent Ignorance and bet you they'll find a lot in common lol

I can't believe how eloquently Tone put that. I was so in shock I didn't have shyt to add. Basically what he means is that some people believe the garbage hyped on tv and the reality shows about black people. When they see a black person who is not living and breathing those stereotypes it threatens them and their beliefs. The fact that another black person said this to you shows that he not only comes from a low class background, he has let it color his thinking and beliefs until he doesn't even believe he can do much better. How dare you aspire to be more than he thinks he can be.

A lot of people are really messed up in the head when it comes to their self worth. Him being a black man and evidently not feeling to good about himself, when he sees a young beautiful black woman whose values herself and her life more than he does his own probably p***** him off.

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

Good job Tone!!!!!!!

Brii, ignore him. And continue doing what you're doing!!!
Not all black people are fluent in Ebonics and have a subscription to hip hop weekly. He may be from a family of niggas & he doesn't know any better. Either way, it's not your problem.

Brii said:
Which means what?

Tone said:

  Being white in America has  always been about having freedom to do what you wanted to do. But being black has always been about having limits to what you want to do.   So when some people see a black person not living in the limits of what was given to us they claim you are acting white.

lol. You really better than me then. Classmate!! I wish a nigga would!! For the rest of his life he would be too traumatized to use the word nigga out loud. After class it would have been me, him, and whoever answered the phone fastest. Goodbye "becky from the burbs" hello "west philly jilly" lol. I got your nigga sir and I'll raise you 14 *my team goes hard lol*



Brii said:

LOL oh no my professor didn't say that s*** he better not after all the emails he sent me not regarding class it was my classmate 

McKenna Hylton said:

Bri you're waaaay better then me bc I surely would have showed my WHOLE ass in that class. TF!?!? It would have made local, national and international news bc stuff like that makes me go ALL the way in my bag. Niggas in paris would have been talking about my crazy ass lol. Girl you need to go to the dean and make him make your prof give you both a written and verbal apology. He had no right to speak to you like that and I bet if you throw around phrases like ACLU, discrimination, professional code of conduct and hate speech the dean will have him singing a brand new tune. *then call pookie and them and have his car tipped (hows that for acing white lol)*

Agree 100%.  Unfortunately you will have to act like a ninja with this fool because he will do this again if not confronted.  When you get the chance, pull him to the side and go OFF......stupid mofo.



CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I can't believe how eloquently Tone put that. I was so in shock I didn't have shyt to add. Basically what he means is that some people believe the garbage hyped on tv and the reality shows about black people. When they see a black person who is not living and breathing those stereotypes it threatens them and their beliefs. The fact that another black person said this to you shows that he not only comes from a low class background, he has let it color his thinking and beliefs until he doesn't even believe he can do much better. How dare you aspire to be more than he thinks he can be.

A lot of people are really messed up in the head when it comes to their self worth. Him being a black man and evidently not feeling to good about himself, when he sees a young beautiful black woman whose values herself and her life more than he does his own probably p***** him off.

Brii said:

So wait explain this to me LOL, because I choose to better myself and be mindful when needed that's acting white?

Dominique said:

A lot of time people feel like when a person is black they cannot speak proper or be educated.  I have experienced this most of my like being a light skin woman.  I was never "black enough" or people always felt like I was white because I value my education and I speak proper! 

Girl, ask them questions, get that damn A in that class, and tell ALL of em to kiss your ass if they have a problem with it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ballerific Events

BallerBoards

Ryan Lochte Loses All Of His Endorsements

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by CarmelKandi_39 Sep 18. 4 Replies

It doesn’t look like things are looking good for #RyanLochte after lying about being robbed at gunpoint in #Rio. Despite apologizing on social media and via an interview with #MattLauer, Lochte is…Continue

WAGs this new show about women begging the pro ballers to put a ring on it and and looking thirtsy early in the relationships.

Started by CarmelKandi_39 in Talk Ish Sep 18. 0 Replies

I want to know others take on this new show.Sound off if you not scared that some of the cast members might actually clap back!

BallerAlert Survival Scrolls

Started by Honeycoated in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tamika Sep 13. 71 Replies

 "A pretty woman should nerver be broke" "Purse first, ass last" According to BlackSnakeMoan:STOP1. GOING THROUGH NIGGAS PHONES2. GOING THROUGH NIGGAS FACEBOOK/TWITTER FRIENDS3. DIGGING FOR INFOif…Continue

Federal Judge Rules Employers Can Terminate LGBTQ Employees; Cites Religious Liberties

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by LemonDropPop Sep 4. 1 Reply

Last Thursday, the District Court ruled that a funeral home could terminate a transgender employee for transitioning. Thomas Rost (R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes) terminated Amiee Stephens when…Continue

Latest Activity

MrArcherthePromoter shared Asimplebijou's event on Google +1
5 hours ago
MrArcherthePromoter liked Asimplebijou's event NYC - Jeezy @ Lust NY 9/29
5 hours ago
MrArcherthePromoter commented on Asimplebijou's event NYC - Jeezy @ Lust NY 9/29
"No Janky Promoters IN NYC baby!!!!!!!!! lmao"
5 hours ago
Asimplebijou's 2 events were featured
8 hours ago
Asimplebijou posted events
8 hours ago
Terrell Jones commented on Eleven8's blog post Derrick Rose Facing Sanctions In Court Because His Lawyers Slut-Shamed Alleged Gang Rape Victim
"You suppose to shame sluts."
9 hours ago
Terrell Jones commented on Eleven8's blog post Tulsa Officer That Shot Terence Crutcher Turns Herself In
"She won't do a day in prison."
9 hours ago
Terrell Jones commented on Eleven8's blog post Details Regarding Brad Pitt Confrontation With Son Revealed
"I'm sorry but Brad should be allowed to check his b!tch in peace. Maddox should mind his…"
9 hours ago
Terrell Jones liked Eleven8's blog post Tulsa Officer That Shot Terence Crutcher Turns Herself In
9 hours ago
Terrell Jones commented on RubyWoo's blog post Mariners Catcher Steve Clevenger Suspended Without Pay After Racist Tweets - blogged by @LoveRubyWoo
"He just said how many white males feel about blacks. I love to see a white ni99a oppressed and his…"
9 hours ago
Terrell Jones liked RubyWoo's blog post Mariners Catcher Steve Clevenger Suspended Without Pay After Racist Tweets - blogged by @LoveRubyWoo
9 hours ago
Terrell Jones commented on MsJennyb's blog post Omarosa Says Trump Critics Will Have to “Bow Down to ‘President Trump’” – blogged by @MsJennyb
"Transgenders will do anything for attention."
9 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service