Hi Everybody!
*Waves Real Hard*  So today in class my professor gave us an assignment with no details on what he expected us to do so I proceed to ask questions and out the blue this man tells me "Stop acting white, because at the end of the day you still a nigga no matter how light you are and how proper you talk."  
Now I looked at this man and asked him what exactly does acting white mean?  What does it consist of? He looks at me and decides to not answer my question.. So not only did everybody stare at us the whole class topic changed to race and the s*** is not too thrilling to me.. So BA can somebody please tell me what the hell is acting white? I'm trying my best not to cuss this man out in front of all these white people but I see I'm going to have to get him straight

Tags: Box, F**king, Head, His, I'ma, Off

Views: 866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone needs to help you understand. It's a hard pill to swallow I know but to the establishment you will quickly find that you are just another nigga - no matter how many transfers you manage to obtain.

yikes...that was 'different'. If he had something to talk to you about he shouldve pulled you to the side. But to say someone is acting a certain race is asinine and dumb

why would any african american ever look at themselves as " just another nigga" when we are so much more than "just another nigga" our president is black... is he "just another nigga" in your eyes? or others? Is Oprah considered "just another nigga" do you know what a nigga is? thats my question... why in the hell should any african american settle for being that after ALL WE'VE been through and accomplished & soon to accomplish as well?

FT said:

Someone needs to help you understand. It's a hard pill to swallow I know but to the establishment you will quickly find that you are just another nigga - no matter how many transfers you manage to obtain.

and honestly .. i really don't wanna pull the race card but are you white? ... is your husband white? do you rather white men? because you don't wanna settle for " just another nigga" because you have some serious racial/identity issues... ( NO offense to all my white sistas out there but this girl right here is outta line!!! )

Not to me, I wasn't speaking about my opinion.  I said, "to the establishment you will quickly find that you are just another nigga." That's what the 35 year old was trying to tell the poster. He said he was confused and wanted to understand why that was said.

Oh really? Is that how you treat your black co-workers? If you don't mind me asking are you black? Also, please refrain from giving advice to anybody else regarding this topic... I don't see myself as just another nigga and I never will so what is it that you're hinting at? Disregard the establishment and being a "nigga" I'm a woman and any grown man that decides to address me in an inappropriate matter while I'm at that establishment the establishment needs to step in and resolve the issue

FT said:

I think what FT is trying to say is that because the incident is between blacks, it won't be taken seriously that you feel this man is harassing you.  There was an episode on 20/20 where actors portrayed an abusive boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.  When both actors were black, no one took the threats and behavior of the man against the woman seriously.  They walked away, just looked and some men told the boyfriend to "take it behind closed doors".  Only a few actually stepped in to help the woman.  

I don't know what is wrong with old dude.  He either is extremely jealous/insecure or wants you.  Either way, next time he approaches you, get loud publick...scream to get away from you, that he is harassing you, stay away, leave you alone, etc.  Create the biggest scene you can. You want everyone to know he is a potential threat just in case you have to take it there.  He'll either back up because he'll realize you are making him look like a threat (which he may be instead of just an azzhole) or he'll reveal his true intentions with his behavior.  Have your mace handy too.  

Brii said:

Oh really? Is that how you treat your black co-workers? If you don't mind me asking are you black? Also, please refrain from giving advice to anybody else regarding this topic... I don't see myself as just another nigga and I never will so what is it that you're hinting at? Disregard the establishment and being a "nigga" I'm a woman and any grown man that decides to address me in an inappropriate matter while I'm at that establishment the establishment needs to step in and resolve the issue

FT said:

Come to think of it, that's how bullies act. Your classmate is exhibiting bullying behavior.

You are absolutely right. In a perfect world the establishment would do their job no matter the gender or color of an individual but Ms Brii we don't live in a perfect world and that is what I think the 35 year old was trying to tell you.

Brii said:

FT said:

Yes that is what I was attempting to get across. Thank you Ms Lady Josephine.

TheLadyJosephine said:

I think what FT is trying to say is that because the incident is between blacks, it won't be taken seriously that you feel this man is harassing you.  There was an episode on 20/20 where actors portrayed an abusive boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.  When both actors were black, no one took the threats and behavior of the man against the woman seriously.  They walked away, just looked and some men told the boyfriend to "take it behind closed doors".  Only a few actually stepped in to help the woman.  

I don't know what is wrong with old dude.  He either is extremely jealous/insecure or wants you.  Either way, next time he approaches you, get loud publick...scream to get away from you, that he is harassing you, stay away, leave you alone, etc.  Create the biggest scene you can. You want everyone to know he is a potential threat just in case you have to take it there.  He'll either back up because he'll realize you are making him look like a threat (which he may be instead of just an azzhole) or he'll reveal his true intentions with his behavior.  Have your mace handy too.  

Brii said:

FT said:

If you live life like you're already defeated then you will be!!! Speak to your professor who was there and let him know you felt harassed by your fellow student. As the professor in charge he should have handled it right there and then and let that student know that his behaviour is not acceptable.

If we swallow those bitter pills that others are pushing, we'll be forced to the back of the bus like in the 60's. I stay away from people with the mindset of  'stay in our place/or don't rock the boat'. He wouldn't even be in that university/college if the people who fought for his human/civil rights 'stayed back'.

ugggggh, now I'm heated.

Brii said:

FT said:

Thank you $picey! Just because that is how it is doesn't mean this is how it has to stay. Nothing changes as long as you accept the status quo.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

If you live life like you're already defeated then you will be!!! Speak to your professor who was there and let him know you felt harassed by your fellow student. As the professor in charge he should have handled it right there and then and let that student know that his behaviour is not acceptable.

If we swallow those bitter pills that others are pushing, we'll be forced to the back of the bus like in the 60's. I stay away from people with the mindset of  'stay in our place/or don't rock the boat'. He wouldn't even be in that university/college if the people who fought for his human/civil rights 'stayed back'.

ugggggh, now I'm heated.

Brii said:

FT said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Whats up with this guy?

Started by Cleopatra Jones in Talk Ish. Last reply by Cleopatra Jones 2 minutes ago. 20 Replies

He's a 40-smth year old White agriculture baller, I think we can talk millions here. He reached out to me through.. a certain website; we spent a night in the hotel once, he got really interested in…Continue

Young Jeezy Steps Out With His New Girlfriend in Atlanta

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Beautiful Brownie 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

Young Jeezy has been seen…Continue

Latest Activity

Beautiful Brownie replied to RubyWoo's discussion Young Jeezy Steps Out With His New Girlfriend in Atlanta
"Wow...she looks like Tina Knowles."
3 hours ago
RubyWoo posted discussions
4 hours ago
lp updated their profile
5 hours ago
RubyWoo posted an event
Thumbnail

ATL - S. Adams Collection Holiday Affair @ Tongue & Groove 12/22 at Tongue & Groove

December 22, 2014 at 10pm to December 23, 2014 at 3am
5 hours ago
Profile Iconroxy welch, allwhite shawty, Mishelle Russell and 4 other members are attending RubyWoo's event
Thumbnail

Miami - Trina & Trick Daddy Host Uncle Luke's Birthday Celebration @ Liv 12/21 at Liv Nightclub

December 21, 2014 at 11pm to December 22, 2014 at 5am
6 hours ago
BadgalCi commented on Niko Rose's blog post Young Thug Comes To Houston : Concert Review by:@niksofly
"Damn @Niko I feel your pain.... I'm in the H and I skipped that one..."
7 hours ago
BadgalCi liked Niko Rose's blog post Young Thug Comes To Houston : Concert Review by:@niksofly
7 hours ago
BadgalCi liked Milagros Reyes's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Gone Fishing By: @milagreee
7 hours ago
BadgalCi liked Eleven8's blog post Blog: If He Flies You Out, He Wants To Have Sex. Period.
7 hours ago
Brandi Payton updated their profile
9 hours ago
resident_fitvil added a discussion to the group Baller Alert Fitness Group
11 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Man Shoots 2 Cops & Himself In Brooklyn, Accused Of Shooting Baltimore Woman (Pics + Video)
"So sad."
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video