eveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth has been suspended indefinitely by the National Football League, days after he pleaded guilty to killing a pedestrian while driving under the influence of alcohol, the NFL said.

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth on Tuesday pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter.

Stallworth, 28, pleaded guilty in a Florida court Tuesday to DUI manslaughter charges in the March death of construction worker Mario Reyes. Under terms of a plea agreement, he will serve 30 days. Prosecutors said he began serving his sentence immediately.

"The conduct reflected in your guilty plea resulted in the tragic loss of life and was inexcusable," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Stallworth in a letter Thursday, the league said. Excerpts from the letter were posted on the NFL Web site.

"While the criminal justice system has determined the legal consequences of this incident, it is my responsibility as NFL commissioner to determine appropriate league discipline for your actions, which have caused irreparable harm to the victim and his family, your club, your fellow players and the NFL."

Stallworth's suspension is effective immediately, the league said. Goodell wrote in the letter that "in due course" the league would contact his attorney to schedule a meeting with him, after which a final determination would be made on discipline.

Stallworth was driving his black Bentley GT east on the MacArthur Causeway, which connects Miami, Florida, to the South Beach area of Miami Beach, when he struck Reyes on the morning of March 14, according to prosecutors. He had been drinking at a Miami Beach club, according to court documents. His blood alcohol level was 0.126 percent, prosecutors said; Florida's legal limit is 0.08.

Tags: DONTE, STALLWORTH

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's that old saying...You can run but you can't hide...He got a lil slap on the wrist for the crime itself, but the NFL is a whole nother monster to deal with...
He payed the family an amount that is not being disclosed, which is why he is not doing a lot of time in jail. He also was honest and remorseful. He was suppose to donate $2,500 (I think) to MADD but they say they won't take his money because they don't agree with the sentence. MADD does not play about things like this, and I'm sure they have a lot to do with him being suspended indefinitly
Wow! well i hate to say this but You rep wut you soe .. It was a life he took ..
Damn. You gotta live with the decisions you make.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Street harassment

Started by Tone in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tone 36 minutes ago. 4 Replies

is this a real issue for anyone of you

No, I don't want sex...

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by Formally Known as Ginger 4 hours ago. 5 Replies

Am I the only person that still believes that "chillin'" means talking, watching TV, etc not f--cking? Like these days I don't even feel comfortable inviting a guy over to my crib for fear he will…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by LemonDropPop 8 hours ago. 6 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by LemonDropPop 8 hours ago. 3 Replies

After a DNA test proved that…Continue

Latest Activity

Shell Yisrael commented on Eleven8's blog post Blood, Sweat & Heels Star Geneva Thomas Suing Co-Star Melyssa Ford
"Dont like her..."
29 minutes ago
Tone replied to Tone's discussion Street harassment
"  So a a man can't  even win a woman over anymore? "
36 minutes ago
Shell Yisrael commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Want To Know What 15-Minute Ratchet Sex Is Like?
"Smh and lmao..."
39 minutes ago
SoLuscious replied to Tone's discussion Street harassment
"It's not the men speaking who were just saying hi. It's when they are making derogatory…"
1 hour ago
Ordinary G replied to Tone's discussion Street harassment
"Im sorry but if where talking about that video only like 2 or 3 instances really crossed the line…"
1 hour ago
V commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Want To Know What 15-Minute Ratchet Sex Is Like?
"DEAD @ 'Be safe out there'. Witcha dumb, broke azz...LMAOOOOO"
1 hour ago
Eleven8's 5 blog posts were featured
2 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
2 hours ago
Choco commented on Milagros Reyes's blog post The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul By: @milagreee
"I think more folks would enjoy the article if it wasn't written so biased.  I understand…"
2 hours ago
Choco commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"Oh boy!  I guess making money off acting a fool is still the "IN" thing to do."
2 hours ago
Sean commented on Eleven8's blog post Tiny Talks To ABC News About Her Eye Surgery
"Right @MS! She does only have one pair. That's my point. Women have one pair of boobs,one…"
3 hours ago
SoLuscious replied to Tone's discussion Street harassment
"If you are referring to that video that was circulating of the woman walking thru the streets of…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video