Back in school, getting yet another degree... anyway this week's discussion in my Cultural Diversity class was about genocide... it referenced of course hitler and the Jews... Turkey vs. Armenia, etc... then asked has there been instances of Genocide in America... i decided not to go the easy route and discuss the American Indians... I chose the genocide of blacks in America...

here's an excerpt of an article I found online...

"Indirect genocide, then, can be expressed in part in the self-destructive adaptations of victim groups to the deprivations of life inflicted upon them by the larger society. In these situations, the victim group appears to be the cause of its own problems and the role of larger social conditions is discounted or ignored entirely."

thoughts?

Tags: america, blacks, genocide, racism, whites

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely!  Again i think the hard downfall started with the drugs being funnelled in, then the war on drugs the  Rockefeller laws that came with that and all the s*** that came with it. From the music on down..
JustMe said:

I see both sides of the argument...

I know several kids from affluent families that chose to be drug dealers and dope fiends, so yes, they chose that life...

But what about the crack babies? What about the 3rd or 4th generation teenage mother?

Are any of the things we see as destroying the black community from within, fueled by outside sources?

the 3 major  things that killed the black community

1. drugs
  2. feminism
  3. welfare

250 outta prison??? dudes prolly use that to reup their hustle...

Sheli said:

Yes, I hate the welfarfe system sometimes. I don't know what rules other states had in place concerning the welfare system, but in FL there was a period where if you received any type of benefits, you had to work, volunteer or go to school. To me that was one of the best rules the govt implemented concerning welfare. Some individuals realized that they'd make more working 40hrs at minimum wage than if they received in public assistance, so they got off the system and got jobs. Those old requirements were done away with, now in FL the lazier you are the more you get & the more kids you have the more you get. I know of people who were actually encouraged to quit their jobs or cut back on their hours to get govt assistance that they actually need to help maintain their household and some people actually go for it and sometimes I don't blame them. Here you were killing yourself working 40hrs for peanuts, but now you can quit your job & make the same amount. Inmates get public assistance of $250/month straight out of prison, no questions and they can renew on a semi-annual basis, where's the motivation to even try to get a job? And yes i know that black people aren't the biggest users of public assistance, but I think the stigma of being on public assistance is more negative when it's us.

JustMe said:

I know several kids from affluent families that chose to be drug dealers and dope fiends, so yes, they chose that life...

But what about the crack babies? What about the 3rd or 4th generation teenage mother?

Are any of the things we see as destroying the black community from within, fueled by outside sources?

the crack vs. cocaine laws really did a number on the black community...

Siren said:

Absolutely!  Again i think the hard downfall started with the drugs being funnelled in, then the war on drugs the  Rockefeller laws that came with that and all the s*** that came with it. From the music on down..
JustMe said:

explain #2

Tone said:

1. drugs
  2. feminism
  3. welfare

as far as public schools, they are filled with teachers in inner city schools that don't want to be there... but they are there because of stipends that give them extra income and programs that forgive their loans... the skids suffer, when they have "served their time" they go off to better schools and the process starts again...

it caused a dived between Black men and Black women no longer did we want to work together. because we was both fighting each other say who had it worse.

JustMe said:

explain #2

Tone said:

1. drugs
  2. feminism
  3. welfare
I agree! We have teachers that dislike our children simply because of the color of their skin which makes harder for them to learn! 

JustMe said:

as far as public schools, they are filled with teachers in inner city schools that don't want to be there... but they are there because of stipends that give them extra income and programs that forgive their loans... the skids suffer, when they have "served their time" they go off to better schools and the process starts again...

I  agree w/ everything you have said.  But ultimate killer/divider/thing that's holding us back that once propelled us is religion.  

there are not enough pages in the world to tackle this topic... I am really not into organized religion... I have a friend that went from not being into organized religion to now believing that there really isn't a god...

Noisy Girl said:

I  agree w/ everything you have said.  But ultimate killer/divider/thing that's holding us back that once propelled us is religion.  

when I lived in Charlotte, there was a teacher caught talking s*** about her students on facebook...

SACK CHASER said:

I agree! We have teachers that dislike our children simply because of the color of their skin which makes harder for them to learn! 

JustMe said:

YES!!! My sis is going through something with her youngest son & his teacher. She told him he looks like he would lie & she never questioned or punished the other student involved who happens to be white. Its been going on for 3 weeks & she refuses to apologize for her comment.

SACK CHASER said:

JustMe said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Religion vs. Relationships

Started by Breezy in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tone © 11 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Last night, I had an interesting…Continue

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Orlando Scandrick Caught Flirting with Same Girl

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by SMSLove 45 minutes ago. 2 Replies

A few weeks ago, we posted a…Continue

BAPS!!!! Are you watching?!?!

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Baller Alert 50 minutes ago. 17 Replies

It's a new reality show on lifetime, black men and women. Same drama just sophisticated drama.

Latest Activity

Peachkyss posted blog posts
6 minutes ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
6 minutes ago
Eleven8's 5 blog posts were featured
7 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
8 minutes ago
BerryHilary commented on Eleven8's blog post Apollo Nida Says He & Phaedra May Be Headed For Divorce (Video)
"Last 3 weeks i was in need of getting my boyfriend back so a friend recommended me to contact this…"
11 minutes ago
Tone © replied to Breezy's discussion Religion vs. Relationships
"I don't understand this way of thinking. Don't your ideas of what god is come from a…"
11 minutes ago
CocoBey commented on Eleven8's blog post Zoe Saldana Pregnant With First Child
"Lol! @Tone SMH"
19 minutes ago
CocoBey liked Chantel Ciera's blog post Ballerific Health: Secrets of the Vagina By Chantel Ciera @chann_.
20 minutes ago
SMSLove replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - K. Michelle Deals with Baby Mama Drama
"Messy azz BM. Don’t worry about who he smashing, he’ll be caught up on child support…"
39 minutes ago
SMSLove replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Orlando Scandrick Caught Flirting with Same Girl
"Are they still together, or just roommates at this point? Doesn’t Draya stalk her man? He…"
45 minutes ago
SMSLove liked RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Orlando Scandrick Caught Flirting with Same Girl
49 minutes ago
Baller Alert replied to AllyNWonderland's discussion BAPS!!!! Are you watching?!?!
"I haven't even heard of this... "
50 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video