Back in school, getting yet another degree... anyway this week's discussion in my Cultural Diversity class was about genocide... it referenced of course hitler and the Jews... Turkey vs. Armenia, etc... then asked has there been instances of Genocide in America... i decided not to go the easy route and discuss the American Indians... I chose the genocide of blacks in America...

 

here's an excerpt of an article I found online...

"Indirect genocide, then, can be expressed in part in the self-destructive adaptations of victim groups to the deprivations of life inflicted upon them by the larger society. In these situations, the victim group appears to be the cause of its own problems and the role of larger social conditions is discounted or ignored entirely."

 

thoughts?

 

 

 

Views: 528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely!  Again i think the hard downfall started with the drugs being funnelled in, then the war on drugs the  Rockefeller laws that came with that and all the s*** that came with it. From the music on down..
JustMe said:

I see both sides of the argument...

I know several kids from affluent families that chose to be drug dealers and dope fiends, so yes, they chose that life...

But what about the crack babies? What about the 3rd or 4th generation teenage mother?

Are any of the things we see as destroying the black community from within, fueled by outside sources?

the 3 major  things that killed the black community

 

  1. drugs
  2. feminism
  3. welfare

250 outta prison??? dudes prolly use that to reup their hustle...
 
Sheli said:

Yes, I hate the welfarfe system sometimes. I don't know what rules other states had in place concerning the welfare system, but in FL there was a period where if you received any type of benefits, you had to work, volunteer or go to school. To me that was one of the best rules the govt implemented concerning welfare. Some individuals realized that they'd make more working 40hrs at minimum wage than if they received in public assistance, so they got off the system and got jobs. Those old requirements were done away with, now in FL the lazier you are the more you get & the more kids you have the more you get. I know of people who were actually encouraged to quit their jobs or cut back on their hours to get govt assistance that they actually need to help maintain their household and some people actually go for it and sometimes I don't blame them. Here you were killing yourself working 40hrs for peanuts, but now you can quit your job & make the same amount. Inmates get public assistance of $250/month straight out of prison, no questions and they can renew on a semi-annual basis, where's the motivation to even try to get a job? And yes i know that black people aren't the biggest users of public assistance, but I think the stigma of being on public assistance is more negative when it's us.

JustMe said:

I see both sides of the argument...

I know several kids from affluent families that chose to be drug dealers and dope fiends, so yes, they chose that life...

But what about the crack babies? What about the 3rd or 4th generation teenage mother?

Are any of the things we see as destroying the black community from within, fueled by outside sources?

the crack vs. cocaine laws really did a number on the black community...

Siren said:

Absolutely!  Again i think the hard downfall started with the drugs being funnelled in, then the war on drugs the  Rockefeller laws that came with that and all the s*** that came with it. From the music on down..
JustMe said:

I see both sides of the argument...

I know several kids from affluent families that chose to be drug dealers and dope fiends, so yes, they chose that life...

But what about the crack babies? What about the 3rd or 4th generation teenage mother?

Are any of the things we see as destroying the black community from within, fueled by outside sources?

explain #2
 
Tone said:

the 3 major  things that killed the black community

 

  1. drugs
  2. feminism
  3. welfare

as far as public schools, they are filled with teachers in inner city schools that don't want to be there... but they are there because of stipends that give them extra income and programs that forgive their loans... the skids suffer, when they have "served their time" they go off to better schools and the process starts again...

it caused a dived between Black men and Black women no longer did we want to work together. because we was both fighting each other say who had it worse.

JustMe said:

explain #2
 
Tone said:

the 3 major  things that killed the black community

 

  1. drugs
  2. feminism
  3. welfare

I  agree w/ everything you have said.  But ultimate killer/divider/thing that's holding us back that once propelled us is religion.  

there are not enough pages in the world to tackle this topic... I am really not into organized religion... I have a friend that went from not being into organized religion to now believing that there really isn't a god...
 
Noisy Girl said:

I  agree w/ everything you have said.  But ultimate killer/divider/thing that's holding us back that once propelled us is religion.  

when I lived in Charlotte, there was a teacher caught talking s*** about her students on facebook...

SACK CHASER said:

I agree! We have teachers that dislike our children simply because of the color of their skin which makes harder for them to learn! 



JustMe said:

as far as public schools, they are filled with teachers in inner city schools that don't want to be there... but they are there because of stipends that give them extra income and programs that forgive their loans... the skids suffer, when they have "served their time" they go off to better schools and the process starts again...

YES!!! My sis is going through something with her youngest son & his teacher. She told him he looks like he would lie & she never questioned or punished the other student involved who happens to be white. Its been going on for 3 weeks & she refuses to apologize for her comment.

SACK CHASER said:

I agree! We have teachers that dislike our children simply because of the color of their skin which makes harder for them to learn!



JustMe said:

as far as public schools, they are filled with teachers in inner city schools that don't want to be there... but they are there because of stipends that give them extra income and programs that forgive their loans... the skids suffer, when they have "served their time" they go off to better schools and the process starts again...

i think that's more of a symptom, but I do agree it is a real issue...
 
OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

~~what they let on TV in the form of those videos showing them with 2 or 3 woman, flaunting rental homes/cars, making it rain. Children see this and try to emulate it. It sells so who wants to do a 9-5 and get some stability when they're being sold a dream.

The executives that green light these projects are black, so those who get a little power have to get results in their jobs so they do so sometimes with no moral compass.

JustMe said:

I see both sides of the argument...

I know several kids from affluent families that chose to be drug dealers and dope fiends, so yes, they chose that life...

But what about the crack babies? What about the 3rd or 4th generation teenage mother?

Are any of the things we see as destroying the black community from within, fueled by outside sources?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BallerBoards

Afrika Bambaataa's Ex-Bodyguard Says He's A 'F--king Pedophile'

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

#AfrikaBambaataa's former bodyguard of 10 years, Shamsideen Shariyf Ali Bey, has spoken out about the recent child molestation allegations against the hip-hop pioneer.According to Lord Shariyf,…Continue

Creators of 'The Running Man Challenge' Receive $10k Scholarship on 'The Ellen Show'

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

Teen creators of the viral "The #RunningManChallenge" probably never expected for their antics to lead them to #Ellen's show. Kevin Vincent and Jeremiah Hall were special guests on 'The Ellen Show'…Continue

Drake Set To Perform and Host SNL

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

#Views already has the whole world buzzing but #Drake definitely wants to keep it going. The #Toronto rapper is set to perform on and host #SNL some time this month.Drake has done this gig before…Continue

KRS-One Doesn't 'Give A F**k' About The Afrika Bambaataa Sex Abuse Allegations

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by BrownSkin Beauty. 15 hours ago. 1 Reply

KRS-One has a different perspective on the sexual abuse allegations that have been brought forward against #AfrikaBambaataa.During an interview on the "Drink Champs" podcast, the Bronx emcee said "if…Continue

Latest Activity

Asimplebijou posted events
22 minutes ago
Suga Bear commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Street Style: Beyoncé's Formation Tour Featuring Miami, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, & Raleigh
"I love how we get down! My favorite is from @mzcolabeauty. I'm feeling that black and white…"
37 minutes ago
Niko Rose posted a blog post
46 minutes ago
Niko Rose's blog post was featured
46 minutes ago
Eleven8's 6 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
1 hour ago
RubyWoo posted blog posts
1 hour ago
RubyWoo's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Asimplebijou posted discussions
3 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Caitlyn Jenner To Pose Nude For Sports Illustrated
"Puke! When will this madness end!? Foolishness like this is why other countries think Americans…"
4 hours ago
Moving In Silence commented on Eleven8's blog post Ex- NFL Player Accused Of Raping A Developmentally Disabled Woman
"This is so sad either way it plays out."
14 hours ago
BrownSkin Beauty. liked Char Turner's blog post Beyoncé Goes From "Lemonade" To Watermelon - blogged by: @Chargotit
15 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service