In the wake of postponed wedding plans, a dropped domestic-violence charge and reality television show scrutiny, Lakers forward Matt Barnes announced in an emailed statement Monday that he and his fiancée, reality television star Gloria Govan, have mutually parted ways. "I’d like to address the rumors surrounding mine and Gloria’s relationship," Barnes' statement read. "We have reached the difficult decision of ending our relationship and will be going our separate ways at this time. We will work together to raise our sons and wish each other only the best." Because Barnes and Govan never married, it remains unclear to what degree they'd share custody of their 3-year-old twins Carter Kelly and Isiah Michael, and whether they'd divide certain assets, including their Palos Verdes home. It also remains unclear if they'd continue working together with Athletes vs. Cancer, a foundation Barnes founded in 2008 that Govan has said raised $225,000 for local cancer-screening programs. Barnes and Govan could not be reached for further comment. The two appeared amicable during red-carpet appearances and when I spent a few hours at their house filming Barnes getting a mohawk prior to the 2011 NBA playoffs. But there have been plenty of publicized incidents questioning the strength of their relationship. Barnes and Govan held off definitive wedding plans. Barnes was arrested last summer on suspicion of domestic violence in Sacramento, a charge the two publicly disputed and one the city's district attorney's office ultimately dropped. Govan's role with VH1's "Basketball Wives" created further attention and Internet reports about the nature of their relationship. Perhaps the most telling sign regarding Barnes' feelings about Govan came last week during a Twitter exchange with a fan. That person suggested Barnes should marry her or else someone else will. Responded Barnes: "He can have her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Meanwhile, Govan retweeted the following message on Saturday: "If someone is dumb enough to walk away, be smart enough to let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you."

Source: http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/10/matt-barnes-gloria...

Tags: LA, basketball, gloria, matt, split, wives

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dumbasses, all around. I hope they can do what's right for their kids.
They not as perfect as she claimed they were in BBW Miami.
Well she claimed she wouldn't really care if things didn't work out with them since she can do good on her own. At least that is how she came off. So whatever

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Mimi & Nikko Got Paid...

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by Hello Kitty 25 minutes ago. 9 Replies

100k for the Scandal In Atlanta P0rn TapeContinue

Tags: nikko, mimi, bbwatl

B. Scott Loses Lawsuit Against BET

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by University of Smitty 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

BET can dress its hosts however the hell it wants -- even if that means forcing a transgender person to dress like a man -- and that's why the judge threw out B. Scott's discrimination lawsuit.TMZ…Continue

Tags: scott, b

I usually date only white women...

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Diwan Moor 6 hours ago. 66 Replies

This isn't really for advice, just a recent story.I met this guy, we'll call him Tom. Tom is a divorced black 37 year old fire fighter with a 2 year old son and I spoke briefly on the phone and he…Continue

Phone sex

Started by Purplerain in Talk Ish. Last reply by Diwan Moor 7 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hello all!Y'all I need help lol. So I've been dating this awesome guy and things are progressing nicely. Sometimes our schedules don't permit us to be physically with one another so recently he…Continue

Latest Activity

Eleven8's 2 events were featured
19 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted events
20 minutes ago
Hello Kitty replied to Baller Alert's discussion Mimi & Nikko Got Paid...
"Let's say she really did get 100K, she has to split it with Nikko, so that's 50K and then…"
25 minutes ago
Hello Kitty commented on Eleven8's blog post Kevin Durant Sued By The Woman Who Books His Groupies' Flights & Hotels
"Sounds like a Madame"
30 minutes ago
Nene2 Live liked Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Jennifer Lopez In Rachel Zoe's Pre-Fall 2014 Tweed Mini Dress and Gianvito Rossi Thigh High Boots
35 minutes ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
45 minutes ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
46 minutes ago
James Smith commented on Eleven8's blog post Mike Epps Punches Side Chick In The Face At Movie Premiere
"c'mon mike you gotta keep your hands to yourself."
1 hour ago
Saint hella commented on Eleven8's blog post Mike Epps Punches Side Chick In The Face At Movie Premiere
"These dudes need to learn how to keep their hoes check"
1 hour ago
Bonita replied to Baller Alert's discussion Mimi & Nikko Got Paid...
"thats the going rate for the soul"
1 hour ago
Bonita commented on Eleven8's blog post Serge Ibaka & Keri Hilson Are Back Together
"am hating though so I no longer have a chance?"
1 hour ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie That Left Her Kids In The Car To See T.I. Concert Is Pregnant Again
"Sadly deadbeat moms continue having babies they don't want. I feel sorry for all the children…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video