A 7-year-old Wyomissing boy was coming home from school to an empty apartment and spending nights alone while his mother worked in Philadelphia, borough police said Friday.

The boy told police that he would get off the bus most days and wait for someone to leave or enter the gated parking garage under the apartment complex in the 100 block of North Park Road so he could get into the building, police said.

His mother, Andraya M. Howard, 25, would leave the apartment door unlocked and microwave dinners in the freezer for him, they said.

Police arrested Howard at the apartment Thursday night on a charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

She remained free on $25,000 bail after arraignment before District Judge Ann L. Young in Reading Central Court.

According to court records:

A policeman found the boy alone in a disheveled apartment Dec. 16 about 2 a.m. after the boy called 9-1-1 and told dispatchers he was home alone.

He told Patrolman Kevin M. Quinter that he called his mother's cell phone about 20 times to find out where she was. He last spoke to her when he called her after getting off the bus. She said she was at a tanning salon and would be home soon.

The apartment looked like it had been ransacked, with women's undergarments scattered throughout the living room. A small dog was in a cage, and dog feces and dog urine were in several places in the apartment.

While Quinter talked to the boy, the youth got a TV dinner from the freezer, stood on the counter and put it into the microwave.

Police called the boy's grandmother, who took him home.

She said she had been watching her grandson while Howard went to her job overnight in Philadelphia, but she had not been baby-sitting the boy for a few months.

Howard, who said she worked as a model, returned home about 8:45 a.m. and police told her that her son was in the care of the county Children and Youth Services while they investigated.

Police did not know the status of the child Friday.

They charged Howard on Dec. 30, but did not immediately arrest her because she agreed to surrender to sheriff's deputies.

When she didn't, police went to the apartment and arrested her.

Contact Steven Henshaw: 610-371-5028 or shenshaw@readingeagle.com.

 

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=279459

 

 

Her twitter statement:

 

Thank God for my strong support from my family and friends. Everyone that knows me is well aware of what a great mother I am. I don't need to prove what comes natural to me. As far as the false reports against me... Its all FAKE. I always thought that the more successful I become, the easier things would be. I guess I was wrong #MOREMONEYMOREPROBLEMS


Tags: groupie draya gets arrested

Views: 81982

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Her twitter statement tells me she 'just doesn't get it'.  Not even a statement that her son's ok etc. SMH
She should be ashamed of herself! Take care of your child!!! Nasty ass trick, got that boy in a nasty house eating microwave food by himself anything could have happened to him. He was scared and mad at her ass for not answering that phone. She needs more people for that twitter statement. smh...

WOW!!! leaves her child alone for what seems like months to go get f***** by "ballers" and rappers smfh... what a sick low life b****,i hope they terminate her custody of the child.

She was bragging just days ago that she was out here taking pictures somebody I think flew her out she has been coming to Clipper games, I think. And she said just a few days ago people are not on her level, hate her because of her paif of Louboutins. OK Like somebody sent to her on twitter, re:dog feces

 You graced the pages of Show magazine, let a vaccum grace your carpet...something like that

They charged her on Dec 30, she had to turn herself in. You would think she would keep a low profile and get her act together.

SN: the next time someone says 'you're not on my level' I'm going to ask for a definition.


AKa maddie said:

She was bragging just days ago that she was out here taking pictures somebody I think flew her out she has been coming to Clipper games, I think. And she said just a few days ago people are not on her level, hate her because of her paif of Louboutins. OK Like somebody sent to her on twitter, re:dog feces

 You graced the pages of Show magazine, let a vaccum grace your carpet...something like that

Her friends done twittered me and called me a liar..like i made up the government website.
SPICE - just tell them they're right!

SPICE said:

They charged her on Dec 30, she had to turn herself in. You would think she would keep a low profile and get her act together.

SN: the next time someone says 'you're not on my level' I'm going to ask for a definition.

AKa maddie said:

She was bragging just days ago that she was out here taking pictures somebody I think flew her out she has been coming to Clipper games, I think. And she said just a few days ago people are not on her level, hate her because of her paif of Louboutins. OK Like somebody sent to her on twitter, re:dog feces

 You graced the pages of Show magazine, let a vaccum grace your carpet...something like that

hahaha

Tracy said:
SPICE - just tell them they're right!

SPICE said:

They charged her on Dec 30, she had to turn herself in. You would think she would keep a low profile and get her act together.

SN: the next time someone says 'you're not on my level' I'm going to ask for a definition.

AKa maddie said:

She was bragging just days ago that she was out here taking pictures somebody I think flew her out she has been coming to Clipper games, I think. And she said just a few days ago people are not on her level, hate her because of her paif of Louboutins. OK Like somebody sent to her on twitter, re:dog feces

 You graced the pages of Show magazine, let a vaccum grace your carpet...something like that

LMAO, I guess her friends are on her level

Baller Alert said:
Her friends done twittered me and called me a liar..like i made up the government website.
I sent her a tweet that said "Nobody cares enough to lie on you, you are famous for leaving your child home alone not for no hoe s***" bwahahhaaa!

Boss you made it up. OF COURSE! You told her to leave a child alone while she stripped/tricked. You also planted dog feces and urine in her  apartment. I saw what her friends said -oh she just pistol whipped a girl and 'they' made this up -  WHAT?? CPS and the Police. @Officiallyice has some hilarious tweets against Draya.

U terrible lol

MissBling said:
I sent her a tweet that said "Nobody cares enough to lie on you, you are famous for leaving your child home alone not for no hoe s***" bwahahhaaa!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Ballerific Events

Connect


BallerBoards

Celebrities Spotted at Screening of "Lucy" in Atlanta

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by McKenna Hylton 18 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Toya Wright, Tameka Raymond, Kirk…Continue

Ruby woo I need to ask you something

Started by Tone © in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sheli 19 minutes ago. 21 Replies

Do you date black men?

LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2014

Started by Erica El in Talk Ish. Last reply by Erica El 51 minutes ago. 2 Replies

I'll be in Atlanta, GA where are some good places to go? Any parties? Any suggestions?Continue

Religion vs. Relationships

Started by Breezy in Talk Ish. Last reply by Coco Apèritif 1 hour ago. 24 Replies

Last night, I had an interesting…Continue

Latest Activity

Profile IconErica Chavis, Davaun, nakima bynum and 5 more joined Baller Alert.com
46 seconds ago
Baller Alert shared Chantel Ciera's blog post on Twitter
1 minute ago
Kevin Mac commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Ballerific Sports - Baltimore Ravens Ray Rice Suspended Two Games
"Baeee!!!"
17 minutes ago
McKenna Hylton replied to RubyWoo's discussion Celebrities Spotted at Screening of "Lucy" in Atlanta
"Everybody but Eva failed miserably. "
18 minutes ago
Sheli replied to Tone ©'s discussion Ruby woo I need to ask you something
"Because you hold everything, even if it has nothing to do with us, against us. "
19 minutes ago
Formally Known as Ginger replied to RubyWoo's discussion Celebrities Spotted at Screening of "Lucy" in Atlanta
"A dancer-dancer? Or a bandz will make her dance dancer?   "
28 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Asimplebijou's blog post on Twitter
31 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
40 minutes ago
Erica El left a comment for Fe.
"Add me as your friend,  would love to hang out , Labor Day weekend,"
51 minutes ago
Erica El replied to Erica El's discussion LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2014
"Add me as a friend, I would like to go with you, I don't knowmy way around Atlanta."
51 minutes ago
Eleven8 shared their blog post on Twitter
1 hour ago
Eleven8's 3 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video