So a coworker was recently diagnosed with Hepatitis B... She was in the hospital for a few days, on heavy meds, and basically told that she needed to take a medical leave of absence because she wouldn't be healthy for about 6 months...

She found another doctor that released her to come back on April 19th, she came to work last week to drop off papers looking like a lemon skittle... Anyway, she found another doctor & he released her early. She was at work yesterday... A little less skittle, but definitely yellow!!!!

Like HIV, Hep can be contracted through sex and it's more than likely how she got it. But HIV dies within minutes of air contact; Hep B can live for 7 days on toilet seats etc...

In addition to the staff, you also have to remember that our jobs require that we come in contacts with lots of people on a daily basis... I just think its crazy that in addition to her coworkers, other unsuspecting people are put at risk daily...

I mean, am I wrong to be bothered & afraid??????

Tags: Scared, at, shitless, work

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, you should definitely be worried, but don't let if affect your job function. You can limit your skin to skin contact with people (no handshaking), use your own cups, utensils, dishes from home, because people touch all over the disposable stuff (and it's good for the environment).

 

I used to carry hepatitis antibodies, and it's believed I picked them up when my family was on a missionary trip to South America or a vacation we'd taken in Africa (I wasn't sexually active at the time it was discovered in my blood). I keep a neat bathroom and kitchen and don't share clothes. The doctor that told us (mom and I) that I had the antibodies said those don't carry like the actual virus, but I still take precautions.

Thanks Ms. Ashley!!!! Just because we interact with so many people, I keep hand sanitizer on deck. But my nerves are still rattled... I put 3 seat protectors down when using the restroom yesterday.

Sorry about the antibodies... Will they ever go away?

She's an old (53) slutbag... She was the personal bob slobber for a 22 year old at the job... She introduced us to a boyfriend in January, and then moved in with yet another dude in March...

LOL @ Slutbag.

 

Mine haven't shown up in years, almost 6. I've noticed that I get a "full panel" STD test through an OB/GYN every year since I was 16, but they never showed up on those tests. They only show up when I go to give blood. When you give blood, they run your specimen through the most thorough tests imaginable. So I never fully rely on the STD tests, I always ask if a man is a blood donor, and if not, why not? I've told partners that I carry antibodies but am not aware of any active infection at any time in my life, and I honestly can't remember if it's Hep A or B that I carry.


JustMe said:

Thanks Ms. Ashley!!!! Just because we interact with so many people, I keep hand sanitizer on deck. But my nerves are still rattled... I put 3 seat protectors down when using the restroom yesterday.
Sorry about the antibodies... Will they ever go away?

She's an old (53) slutbag... She was the personal bob slobber for a 22 year old at the job... She introduced us to a boyfriend in January, and then moved in with yet another dude in March...

That bytch is crazy. She's not well enough to return to work and I have a problem with her bringing her jaundiced azz back to work and them accepting her back.  Then if they didn't it would have been a lawsuit.  Still, that bytch is crazy.  Keep taking precautions and skip the potluck. Because if there ain't one scheduled, someone will schedule one soon.

Lol. The resort feeds us $1 lunches, so no potluck. But she loves to taste people's food & drinks... She's just a hot ass mess!!!!!

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

That bytch is crazy. She's not well enough to return to work and I have a problem with her bringing her jaundiced azz back to work and them accepting her back.  Then if they didn't it would have been a lawsuit.  Still, that bytch is crazy.  Keep taking precautions and skip the potluck. Because if there ain't one scheduled, someone will schedule one soon.

This sounds like my coworker.. B**** got the flu and came to work sneezing coughing, talking in everybody's damn face!! This was around the time people were dying from the flu in large numbers.. I should add this to my pet peeves list: don't come to work if you're sick with something easily transmitable to other people! Especially if your ass is unsanitary.. No offense but white people are notorious for that s***

I'm sorry, what? She might get cussed out around me. Or at the very least her feelings would be H.U.R.T.

JustMe said:

Lol. The resort feeds us $1 lunches, so no potluck. But she loves to taste people's food & drinks... She's just a hot ass mess!!!!!

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

That bytch is crazy. She's not well enough to return to work and I have a problem with her bringing her jaundiced azz back to work and them accepting her back.  Then if they didn't it would have been a lawsuit.  Still, that bytch is crazy.  Keep taking precautions and skip the potluck. Because if there ain't one scheduled, someone will schedule one soon.

CAn you call the Dept of Health on the low and have them investigate?  I mean, seriously, I understand she needs her job but you need your health.

I used to have this receptionist job that I would work in the evening. Well, the daytime girl had this super ginormous fever blister on her mouth, like s*** was so big and nasty it looked fake. We had to use the same phone and I would envision little herpes germs on the receiver (I'm a major germaphobe) Not enough clorox wipes in the world gave me security. Needless to say I quit.

You have the right to contact either HR or like Tracy said the Dept of Heslth. That woman could cause a potential epidemic in your workplace.

The health dept wouldnt do anything unless she's running around sticking co-workers with a contaminated needle. I think yall are overreacting.   HBV is spread the same way as HIV so what is there to be afraid of??   If her doctor wanted her to stay home, it was probably for the benefit of HER health.......not everybody else's.

Cause she's unsanitary... And unlike HIV, HBV can live outside of the body for 7 days...

University of Smitty said:

The health dept wouldnt do anything unless she's running around sticking co-workers with a contaminated needle. I think yall are overreacting.   HBV is spread the same way as HIV so what is there to be afraid of??   If her doctor wanted her to stay home, it was probably for the benefit of HER health.......not everybody else's.

She stopped begging from me a while back...

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I'm sorry, what? She might get cussed out around me. Or at the very least her feelings would be H.U.R.T.

JustMe said:

Lol. The resort feeds us $1 lunches, so no potluck. But she loves to taste people's food & drinks... She's just a hot ass mess!!!!!

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

That bytch is crazy. She's not well enough to return to work and I have a problem with her bringing her jaundiced azz back to work and them accepting her back.  Then if they didn't it would have been a lawsuit.  Still, that bytch is crazy.  Keep taking precautions and skip the potluck. Because if there ain't one scheduled, someone will schedule one soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ballerific Events

BallerBoards

the OJ Simpson mini series

Started by SoLuscious in Talk Ish. Last reply by l8dy-c 4 hours ago. 1 Reply

So, I thought it was interesting, but there were a few things that I just wasn't feeling:David Schwimmer (Ross, from Friends) and his dry azz performance. Ugh....I thought it was pretty monotone and…Continue

Beyoncé's 'Formation' Tour Will Aid Victims Of Flint Water Crisis

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by Elise' 11 hours ago. 1 Reply

After slaying the #SuperBowl 50 halftime show and snatching our collective wigs, #Beyonce announced The #Formation World Tour, which kicks off in North America on April 27 at Marlins Park stadium in…Continue

Jay Z Sends Beyonce 10,000 Roses Before Her Super Bowl 50 Halftime Performance

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by Elise' 11 hours ago. 1 Reply

As #Beyonce gets ready to hit the #SuperBowl 50 stage, her hubby #JayZ sent her 10,000 roses ahead of her halftime performance, a source told US Weekly.The singer is set to take the stage with…Continue

Latest Activity

Corey posted a discussion
3 hours ago
l8dy-c replied to SoLuscious's discussion the OJ Simpson mini series
"Cuba is not as charismatic as OJ. Why did they cast him. Why does he have to cry in every movie…"
4 hours ago
Suga Bear commented on Lauren Flanigan's blog post Rudy Giuliani & America’s Sheriff’s Consider Beyonce’s "Formation" Anti-Police - blogged by: @proudlylauren
"Twirl on 'em Bey! I'm sipping on these white people's tears. Prost!"
7 hours ago
Mark Diaz updated their profile
7 hours ago
SoLuscious posted a discussion

the OJ Simpson mini series

So, I thought it was interesting, but there were a few things that I just wasn't feeling:David…See More
7 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Khloe Kardashian & James Harden Reportedly Split
"Ummmmm but Mr. Harden never claimed her tho....."
8 hours ago
Fabulous and Fun commented on Alexis Danielle Grant's blog post 5 Messages Displayed In Beyonce's New Formation Video -blogged by @Lexxthatsall
"LemonDropPop. You are very good at assuming. Which is what you did a great deal of in your initial…"
10 hours ago
Eleven8's 7 blog posts were featured
10 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
10 hours ago
V commented on Eleven8's blog post Hugh Jackman Treated For Skin Cancer For The 4th Time
"I like Hugh Jackman and wish him the best. Taking care of your skin is a must."
11 hours ago
V liked avah_taylor's blog post Ballerific Fashion: A Breakdown Of All Beyoncé's "Formation" Looks -blogged by @avah_taylor -
11 hours ago
DodgerOnDeck posted a blog post
11 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service