"The Houstons" Family Reality Show - Discuss (Video)

Seen this on deadline...

Should a teenage girl grieving over the passing of her mom be the subject of a reality series? Three months after Whitney Houston’s sudden death, her family has signed on to do a reality series. Lifetime has picked up The Houston Family Chronicles, a 10-episode docu-series to premiere later this year. It will follow the lives of Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law and manager, who now manages her estate; Pat’s daughter Rayah; Whitney’s brother Gary; daughter Bobbi Kristina; and mother, Grammy-winning singer Cissy Houston, as they try to pick up the pieces after the pop star’s untimely death. The series will follow Pat and her husband, Gary, as they try to support Whitney’s teenage daughter Bobbi Kristina. In that, Pat enlists the help of her and Whitney’s inner circle, including Grammy-winner Dionne Warwick and gospel legend CeCe Winans. “The tragic loss of Whitney Houston left a void in the hearts of people all over the world, but certainly none more so than her beloved family,” said Lifetime’s EVP Rob Sharenow. “In this series, the multi-generations of the Houston family will bravely reveal their lives as they bond together to heal, love, and grow.”Related: Oprah’s Interview With Whitney Houston’s Daughter Delivers Ratings Record For OWNPat Houston said that over the past few years she had been developing an unscripted  project about her and her family with producers Tracey Baker Simmons and Wanda Shelley. “The unexpected passing of Whitney certainly affects the direction of the show,” she said. “However, it is my hope that others will be enlightened as they watch our family heal and move forward.” Jarrett Creative will produce the series, with Julie Insogna-Jarrett, Seth Jarrett, Tracey Baker Simmons, Wanda Shelley and Pat Houston serving as executive producers.Whitney Houston’s family and especially Bobbi Kristina, have been a big ratings draw following the singer’s death. Oprah Whinfrey’s exclusive interview with them drew OWN’s largest audience ever.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/05/whitney-houstons-family-to-star-in-do...

Tags: houstons

Views: 1073

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reminds me of the Whitney & Bobby show... smh

C.J. said:

Bobbi K looks high at some points and the Unc looks like he is feenin...idk

okay i watch my fair share of reality and garbage on tv but i can't support this one. they all should be ashamed of themselves to be displaying this to the world only months after Whitney's passing. its bad enough we know everything that's going on by way of the internet and tv entertainment shows. you would think to honor someone they love who was partly chewed up and spit out in the name of entertainment they would "grieve & heal" in private.

what a damn mess!

I think they're just doing what they have to do to keep eating.  I dont think Bobbi's inheritance is all that much.  I recall hearing somewhere that it wasnt 2 million.  It's possible that could be more real estate and jewerly than cash.

jewelry, real estate, cash, golden eggs. it don't matter. she's gonna piss thru that so fast.

University of Smitty said:

I think they're just doing what they have to do to keep eating.  I dont think Bobbi's inheritance is all that much.  I recall hearing somewhere that it wasnt 2 million.  It's possible that could be more real estate and jewerly than cash.

My first time watching it tonight and...smh... it's reality alright...Nt a laughing matter,but I don't know what goes on behind close doors,but in my own opinion, they need family counseling with out Nick. I won't be watching it anymore tho.

Pat makes me ill!!!! "Not on my watch" bish Whitney DIED on your watch and BobbiKris is very obviously high during both episodes and Pat keeps mentioning her "drinking"... This is just heartbreaking!!!!!

I mean damn, did Whitney die for nothing??????

Pat got her wish though, she has the spotlight...
Is it just me or does EVERYTIME Bobbi kris TALKS she sounds like she's high off something or drinking. This nick Gordon kid is a joke! He better have that good d***. And pat! Please b****. Ur "act" don't fool nobody. U tryna keep Bobbi kris close Only for her benefit. Smh. Absolutely disgusted by this show. And hey. I LOVE reality tv. But this. No.

she's got her mom and dad's genes and so it should be no suprise she's already abusing alcohol but it kind of is. said i was gonna watch it but i just did.

just sad and exploitative. i wouldn't dare let cameras follow me to any family member's gravesite. UGH! and why for god, can't this child get a decent weave???

Sweetness and Just Me, y'all get out of my head. I was cringing when she was at the gathering at the house talking about "it tastes like apple juice." She was so obviously out of it.  The Nick kid, I don't think he's a malicious person perse, but he's YOUNG. So for him, "love" means letting Bobbi Kris do whatever she wants and whatever she says makes her happy.  I think he truly cares for her, but he's not what she needs right now.  And Pat pushing her into entertainment doesn't sit well with me. Yes, she may have had interest before her mother passed, but this is the time when you may encourage her to explore other paths. I can see Pat putting so much attention into Bobbi causing a problem between the relationships within her own immediate family (hubby and daughter).

I don't trust the Nick kid... He just rubs me the entire wrong way... I can't wait to hear his response when Gary's crackhead tail gets in his s***!!!

I watched it for the first time and it was so annoying. Whitney's family is full of leeches. Bobby Kristina is a train wreck. To me she looks so much older than 19 in the face, but like a 9 year old when it comes to her body and fashion....the weaves....I can't even. I believe Nick is malicious, every family gathering they go to he's asking her to leave not even 10 minutes in, even at the family dinner where he encouraged her to drink...he's very manipulative "alone we can't stand, we need eachother to hold us up" or some bs he said as an explanation of why they're together all the time...codependent drug addicted children. I see them getting a spin off....and save and sanctified aunt Pat will be executive producing...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

The Dream Shares His Wedding Photos

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 2 hours ago. 0 Replies

The Dream got married for a third…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Job Alert! - Open Call for Ace of Diamonds Gentlemen's Club

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

Ace of Diamonds, the brand new…Continue

No, I don't want sex...

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by Beautiful Brownie 10 hours ago. 2 Replies

Am I the only person that still believes that "chillin'" means talking, watching TV, etc not f--cking? Like these days I don't even feel comfortable inviting a guy over to my crib for fear he will…Continue

Latest Activity

Nicole commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Joe Manganiello (Actor)
"He know he look good"
11 minutes ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Rich Dollaz Speaks Out On Child Support Arrest
"no matter what he says, hes still a deadbeat."
12 minutes ago
Eleven8's 4 blog posts were featured
12 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
14 minutes ago
Nicole commented on Eleven8's blog post Keyshia Cole Won't Face Prosecution After Attacking Woman She Thought Was Sleeping With Birdman
"Keyshia Cole is going crazy"
34 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
38 minutes ago
Eleven8 shared their blog post on Twitter
43 minutes ago
Beautiful Brownie commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Baller Alert's Morning Wood: Robert Sacre (Los Angeles Lakers)
"Cute"
1 hour ago
RubyWoo's 2 events were featured
1 hour ago
RubyWoo posted events
1 hour ago
Asimplebijou posted a blog post
2 hours ago
Asimplebijou's blog post was featured
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service