HOW LONG DO I WAIT FOR THIS RELATIONSHIP TO PROGRESS (NEED ADVICE PLEEZE!)

Hey ladies of BA,
I've been getting pretty bad advice from my friends about this, and I thought, "where is there a forum of educated and successful ladies, like myself, that can give me more than one good opinion" So here I am on BA...Here goes....
My highschool sweetheart moved away after college about nine years ago. We kept in touch a little over that time, meaning, when he came home, we'd catch up and hang out and I'd visit him about once a year when I'd visit my sister who lives near him. Lately (the last year or so) we've been communicating much more. We converse daily via email and text and we talk on the phone about three times a week, sometimes for hours. He's very attractive, very intelligent, funny and even romantic...when we get to hang out. Problem is... he's playing the "as soon as" and "maybe" game with me. And its been this way for years...At first it was "as soon as I finish law school, I'll be ready to settle down". then it was "maybe we can try to commit to a long distance thing". then, " when I start my firm" Now it's "I want to be financially successful" even though he works for a big firm owns a condo and 2 rentals and is over 30.
I am in no rush to settle down today and by no means, trying to rush him into anything, but I really care about him a lot and would like to see some kind of minor commitment to a future with me that he expressed to me, he was looking forward to. Even though I have not been alone for the past years, I must admit, I've been kind of waiting for him to decide what his future holds for me, before I settle for someone else. On top of that, I live in a place where there's not much to choose from, so there's no handsome men who have their shyt together, knocking down my door.
I am getting tired of being single and there's only so much club-hoppin' you can do when all your friends are married with kids. We're really not progressing to a relationship and I know the long distance is a big part of it. Question is should I make a huge gesture and move closer, so we can see where this will go? (I have plenty of flexiblity with my job) OR should I just move on? I'm not a young gal, and I would like to settle down in the near future. Am I wasting my time with hopes of what "might be"? I date guys to keep my options open, but none of them quite measure up to him or the chemistry we share. What should I do????

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He's just not that into u... move on Hun!
you're enjoying the single life & so is he... don't rush him or you will live to regret it later... you could be missing out on the love of your life waiting around for him... DO YOU...
Girl live and date and love like you never knew him. Don't base how you live off a man that can't even be man enough to say he doesn't want you. Rather if he's wants you in the future or not...he def doesn't want you right now and you are just his saftey net. I'll tell you one thing, if he finds a woman that knocks him off his feet, he'll be trying to marry her. Then where will your feelings be left. I understand you haven't met anyone worth your while but whose to say he is. I just believe that if a man wants you, HE GETS YOU! If you're dropping hints and asking when and he always has an excuse...you don't want to be his last choice bc he can't find anything out there. You should really think more of yourself and love yourself enough not to keep putting his feelings before yours. Now you could def move to his state, it could be a plus in a lot of ways. 1. You two may become closer 2. You could find out who and what he really is or 3. You could find a hot new man or men :) in the new place Whatever you decide I hope it's for the best of you and no one else....Good luck honey!
One of my closest friends was in a similar situation with the guy stringing her along for years. She had given him an ultimatum a couple of times but always ended up going back to him. My advice to her was to cut him off because I felt that he was just using her until he found someone better. Sure enough after telling my friend for years that he was not ready for a relationship he just recently got into one with a new chick who has not been in the picture for very long. Spare yourself the heart ache he is either dating other women or looking for something he does not see in you.
First question I would like to know - what bad advice is your friends giving you? Is it truly bad advice or the truth that you dont want to face? If he wanted to be with you, he would and he would have already discussed you moving to where he was. Its been times when ive been friends with a guy, and they bring up moving closer so if the conversation hasnt even steered in that direction- hes just not that into you. You may be holding on to something in the passed and he doesnt want to hurt your feelings by telling you, u cool and all but i dont see us being in a long term relationship and what we had is old. Are you the one always bringing up the together issue? And u say years this has been going on- just move on. u can move to where he is to see if you do get closer, but I would do it to open my options of finding other available men and Im almost sure you'll see that he already has someone.
Well first things first. Thank you ladies for telling me exactly what I was thinking myself. My friends kept telling me to do whatever it takes to get him, cause he's a good catch, but I figured it was about time to move on. I was starting to feel like a pathetic mess, feeling like I was running after him. All of my friends were and are hell-bent on getting married and doing whatever it takes and they always tell me I don't put enough effort into getting them and keeping them. They say I always want men to run after me and thats not how it works nowadays with men out-numbering women like they do. But I needed to make sure I wasn't crazy by thinking I was being given the run-around! I'll just make him an option if he ever decides to make me a priority! Thanks for the advice ladies!
I agree with all the above comments regarding you getting the run around. Wow, your friends sound like they settled for men and expect you to do the same.
You shoudn't move untill you sit down with your ex and find out how he really feels about you. Tell him that you love him and want to be in a more serious relationship. If he is with it move. If he just wants to continue to date "have sex with no commitment" then you should probably end it and make room for someone who wants the same outta life. Sounds like you pretty much know were and what you want at this stage in your life so you just have to talk to your ex and see if he wants the same with you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

New Couple Alert: LHHH's Yung Berg and Masika

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by LoveMe 5 hours ago. 4 Replies

This dude stays smashing a…Continue

Rick Ross' Amazing Weight Loss

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sheli 13 hours ago. 5 Replies

Check out what Rick Ross looks…Continue

Meet ups and Events in Philly/ NJ Area

Started by BrownSkin Beauty. in Talk Ish 14 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hello,My name is Kapreecia, better known as Pree. I live in Philadelphia, PA and it's always something going on in this city or around. I'm 21 at the moment and it's kind of hard to find friends who…Continue

Tags: networking, parties, events, nj, brown

Latest Activity

Asimplebijou posted a blog post
37 minutes ago
Asimplebijou's blog post was featured
37 minutes ago
Moving In Silence liked Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Chanel Iman Wearing Michael Kors High Slit One Shoulder Dress 'For God’s Love We Deliver ' Golden Heart Awards
54 minutes ago
Moving In Silence commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Paris Hilton Wearing Moschino Spring 2015 Barbie Inspired Look
"I'm loving the iPhone case...that's all"
57 minutes ago
Moving In Silence commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Nelly Meets His Groupies In Atlanta
"I read this groupie tale years ago...is this a repost?"
59 minutes ago
Toya johnson commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Nelly Meets His Groupies In Atlanta
"I don't believe it. If its true that just shows he f**** anything. Any woman who is down to…"
3 hours ago
Alisha commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Paris Hilton Wearing Moschino Spring 2015 Barbie Inspired Look
"She's trying too hard. The whole look screams "I bought it because I can".…"
5 hours ago
LoveMe replied to RubyWoo's discussion New Couple Alert: LHHH's Yung Berg and Masika
"What?? Isn't Hazel her friend? Shane no loyalty whatsoever. And for Burg?? A dude whose made…"
5 hours ago
Bri commented on Eleven8's blog post Was Percy Harvin Traded After Punching Golden Tate For Sleeping With Russell Wilson's Wife?
"Untrue. Russ and Percy don't get along. But I heard from realiae source the golden take one is…"
6 hours ago
BrownSkin Beauty. shared OfficialGroupie's blog post on Facebook
6 hours ago
GoalDigging replied to RubyWoo's discussion Drake Dresses Up As a College Athlete, Shoots Airballs With Kentucky Basketball Team
"He's so lame."
9 hours ago
GoalDigging commented on Milagros Reyes's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Forward Never Backwards By: @milagreee
"I've experienced this. All he did was remain me why I left him in the 1st place. I'm all…"
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video