I've just been offered a modeling contract by one of the best agencies in Miami. Problem is I'm a full time grad student.

I've just been offered a commercial modeling contract by one of the best modeling agencies in Miami. Problem is Im a full time grad student. I want to balance both but some of my close friends say that it will interfere with school. The thing is Im 25 and I may never get this opportunity again or even want it when I graduate. I know some of you balleretes here are models. What are your takes on it?

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you studying in grad school? How far along are you? Do your program offer online or non-traditonal class schedules?

No it doesn't. Im doing a program in Social Work. I could probably talk to my supervisor but I don't know if castings are by appointment or their within a block of time. If I don't make my castings, I could get dropped.
Its also my first semester. I have a 14 months to go.

This is the most 'sane' advice you've given on here Tone.

@Sweetie, I would say do both, but talk to your school and try to work something out. Try to do a lighter course load. Good luck.

Tone said:

you can always go back to school. Live your dream
Thank You Old Spice. Ill see if I can do both. Maybe I can work something out with my supervisor.

Thanks Tone, but Ill see if I can do both!

Agreed

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

This is the most 'sane' advice you've given on here Tone.

@Sweetie, I would say do both, but talk to your school and try to work something out. Try to do a lighter course load. Good luck.

Tone said:

you can always go back to school. Live your dream

Ok, I agree talk to the agency to see how they do your casting and let them know you are in school,also talk to your school. Many programs have classes set-up where you can do independent study. That way you can continue with your studies without having to be in class.

Also try to end out this semester since it's only a few weeks to go. After that take 1 class.  

All right. thanks everyone. I consider all my options.
Thank You destiny
Make sure you have attorney review the contact or could be signing your life (and your money) away.
Congrats on the modeling contract by the way......start off right and save that money :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Draya

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by BellaDoña 6 hours ago. 1 Reply

Continue

Momma Dee Gets Her Tooth Back

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Brown Skin Beauty 9 hours ago. 1 Reply

For those of you who were…Continue

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Bad Medina

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Brown Skin Beauty 9 hours ago. 1 Reply

Continue

Latest Activity

Christina liked Christina Thomas's blog post Lesson Learned By Christina Thomas (@rebelledbydesign)
48 minutes ago
Christina commented on Christina Thomas's blog post Lesson Learned By Christina Thomas (@rebelledbydesign)
"Great article! I am definately showing this to my daughter. She's 12 and always says…"
48 minutes ago
Glory Hair posted a status
"By using Proactol diet pills you could reduce your daily excess fat intake without needing to change the way in which you eat. - https://ki"
4 hours ago
carribean gurl and Baller Alert are now friends
5 hours ago
BellaDoña replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Draya
"I don't see what the problem is either? I thought it was very cute"
6 hours ago
BellaDoña commented on Eleven8's blog post Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Dwyer Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
"I don't know why but when I saw Hate my Ex comment I lol'd...but it's just tht…"
6 hours ago
Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion Momma Dee Gets Her Tooth Back
"Looks like a cavity is starting on the tooth next to the missing tooth."
9 hours ago
Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Bad Medina
"Very disturbing...her boobs near his head."
9 hours ago
GoalDigging replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Sheneka Adams
"Six and I'm so serious. -_-"
9 hours ago
RubyWoo posted discussions
9 hours ago
Profile IconJulian Jackson, Dysheik Montgomery, Lauren London and 21 more joined Baller Alert.com
9 hours ago
Kevin Mac commented on Eleven8's blog post Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Dwyer Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
"This is really weird like why is all this happening all of the sudden smh let us pray"
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video