A friend and I were having a discussion when she said this "have you noticed how many fine men have ugly wives and girlfriends?? Why is a woman like me single?" so it made me wonder, do you think it's harder for an attractive woman with all her stuff together to get and keep a man? Do looks play any part at all in why a pretty woman might have a hard time in a relationship with an insecure man? Personally I've been in a relationship with an insecure man that cheated on me with some strange creatures and after we ended it, years later, he told me its because he never felt like he was good enough for me and the reason he went for women like the one he cheated with was because she worshipped him and made him feel like he was the best looking man she'd ever had (I never made him feel like that but his insecurities messed with his perception I guess) so what do you all think? Been in a similar situation?

Tags: Insecure, boogawoof, pretty, wtfiswrongwithsomemen

Views: 4436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

I have a gorgeous friend (won beauty pageants personal trainer etc) an. She stay single.  Not because she has a stank attitude very nice and Christian, it's because she is too picky!  She wants a gorgeous young man who has to be rich and Christian, will wait for sex, has to be white, own business, etc etc etc.  doesn't give the avg joe a chance.  I'm not saying settle w a looser but looks are not everything!! And she refuses to talk to anyone that isn't gorgeous like her :0/
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

Girl me and my friends see this mess all the time and I have to agree with you. Fugly broads will do ANYTHING to keep a man. I have had ugly ass men cheat on me because I boosted their ego  a bit too much & had b****** wondering what is it about him that he got her. I have had fine ass men cheat on me because I didn't boost their ego enough. So I cannot really say anyting about the cheating part. But I know here in DC there are a bunch of bad b****** walking around, so women are desperate to keep the little piece of a man they got. But some are like if he cannot step up to the plate then I would rahter be alone. Why lower your standards (if reasonable) to just be miserable. Sorry I am all over the place trying to hurry up before my boss coem back, LOL!

What would you rate yourself 

DB said:
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

Everyone also has diffrent taste. What you like the next person might think is avg.  

Tone said:
What would you rate yourself 

DB said:
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 

I wouldn't call it picky. It's knowing what you desire in your mate. See goldfinger's response in  eleven8's post. It took me a loooong time to find someone that had that mindset. It's more than just looks.

Brii said:

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 
Which post?

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

I wouldn't call it picky. It's knowing what you desire in your mate. See goldfinger's response in  eleven8's post. It took me a loooong time to find someone that had that mindset. It's more than just looks.

Brii said:

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 
After you're pretty, then what? What do you bring to the table???? Lots of "pretty" girls don't understand that looks may peak his interest, but personality will make him stay...
Ugly girls know this...

It can be hard because guys assume that you already have someone. I have heard guys say that an "ugly" female will go  harder to please a man, just like they say with fat women. Sometimes i have been perplexed when I see an attractive man with an "ugly" woman and think, maybe through his eyeballs, she IS attractive to him. Or maybe he's not as shallow as he seems and actually  gave her a chance because he fell in love with her personality.

 

Like Usher and Tameka. He spent so much time around her that I guess at some point, he fell for her *shrug*

Being pretty is alright but it gets you no where in the long run because after awhile looks fade and almost everybody wants someone who can stimulate them mentally and not just physically.. I do 

* Not only that looks aside I do believe there is somebody for everybody



JustMe said:
After you're pretty, then what? What do you bring to the table???? Lots of "pretty" girls don't understand that looks may peak his interest, but personality will make him stay... Ugly girls know this...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


Latest Activity

MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Twitter
27 minutes ago
mariemarie675 liked Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's Wives/Girlfriends/Baby Mamas: Bertille Sefolosha
1 hour ago
Kia Russell liked Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion Tips: How To Save For A Designer Bag
3 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Facebook
4 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Twitter
4 hours ago
Daquita Dixon updated their profile photo
5 hours ago
MsMaryMac posted a blog post
5 hours ago
MsMaryMac's blog post was featured
5 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion Tips: How To Save For A Designer Bag
"I totally agree with her....This is also a good way to save money, in general. I have another…"
5 hours ago
Swaggy Neesh updated their profile
6 hours ago
Kevin Mac replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Fan Clowns Cam'ron For His Fashion Choices
" no tf he didnt"
6 hours ago
Lala25 replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Toya Wright Defends Her Daughter Reginae
"Thats a momma for you. People and this cyber thuggin slay me. Children are OFF LIMITS!!!! Act your…"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video