A friend and I were having a discussion when she said this "have you noticed how many fine men have ugly wives and girlfriends?? Why is a woman like me single?" so it made me wonder, do you think it's harder for an attractive woman with all her stuff together to get and keep a man? Do looks play any part at all in why a pretty woman might have a hard time in a relationship with an insecure man? Personally I've been in a relationship with an insecure man that cheated on me with some strange creatures and after we ended it, years later, he told me its because he never felt like he was good enough for me and the reason he went for women like the one he cheated with was because she worshipped him and made him feel like he was the best looking man she'd ever had (I never made him feel like that but his insecurities messed with his perception I guess) so what do you all think? Been in a similar situation?

Tags: Insecure, boogawoof, pretty, wtfiswrongwithsomemen

Views: 4605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

I have a gorgeous friend (won beauty pageants personal trainer etc) an. She stay single.  Not because she has a stank attitude very nice and Christian, it's because she is too picky!  She wants a gorgeous young man who has to be rich and Christian, will wait for sex, has to be white, own business, etc etc etc.  doesn't give the avg joe a chance.  I'm not saying settle w a looser but looks are not everything!! And she refuses to talk to anyone that isn't gorgeous like her :0/
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

Girl me and my friends see this mess all the time and I have to agree with you. Fugly broads will do ANYTHING to keep a man. I have had ugly ass men cheat on me because I boosted their ego  a bit too much & had b****** wondering what is it about him that he got her. I have had fine ass men cheat on me because I didn't boost their ego enough. So I cannot really say anyting about the cheating part. But I know here in DC there are a bunch of bad b****** walking around, so women are desperate to keep the little piece of a man they got. But some are like if he cannot step up to the plate then I would rahter be alone. Why lower your standards (if reasonable) to just be miserable. Sorry I am all over the place trying to hurry up before my boss coem back, LOL!

What would you rate yourself 

DB said:
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

Everyone also has diffrent taste. What you like the next person might think is avg.  

Tone said:
What would you rate yourself 

DB said:
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 

I wouldn't call it picky. It's knowing what you desire in your mate. See goldfinger's response in  eleven8's post. It took me a loooong time to find someone that had that mindset. It's more than just looks.

Brii said:

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 
Which post?

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

I wouldn't call it picky. It's knowing what you desire in your mate. See goldfinger's response in  eleven8's post. It took me a loooong time to find someone that had that mindset. It's more than just looks.

Brii said:

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 
After you're pretty, then what? What do you bring to the table???? Lots of "pretty" girls don't understand that looks may peak his interest, but personality will make him stay...
Ugly girls know this...

It can be hard because guys assume that you already have someone. I have heard guys say that an "ugly" female will go  harder to please a man, just like they say with fat women. Sometimes i have been perplexed when I see an attractive man with an "ugly" woman and think, maybe through his eyeballs, she IS attractive to him. Or maybe he's not as shallow as he seems and actually  gave her a chance because he fell in love with her personality.

 

Like Usher and Tameka. He spent so much time around her that I guess at some point, he fell for her *shrug*

Being pretty is alright but it gets you no where in the long run because after awhile looks fade and almost everybody wants someone who can stimulate them mentally and not just physically.. I do 

* Not only that looks aside I do believe there is somebody for everybody



JustMe said:
After you're pretty, then what? What do you bring to the table???? Lots of "pretty" girls don't understand that looks may peak his interest, but personality will make him stay... Ugly girls know this...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Ballerific Events

Connect


BallerBoards

My Book

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hey, I already posted this but I'll post it again because a lot of you supported my short stories and my blog. I recently self-published my first novel, All Falls Down. It is available for purchase…Continue

Ciara and Russell Wilson Take A Break

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Formally Known as Ginger 10 hours ago. 3 Replies

Via E! News:This relationship is…Continue

A bit rusty, need BALLERIFIC advice

Started by V in Talk Ish. Last reply by QueenofMithrone yesterday. 5 Replies

Hey yall. I notice a decline in the comments on BA lately but...I'm hoping for some advice. I ended my real relationship mos ago, took some time to get my mind right, and I simultaneously just met…Continue

Blocked?

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by Ashley Jena' yesterday. 3 Replies

Would you be offended if someone blocked you on social media especially if you'd never had cross words with them? I will be the first to admit I make use of the block feature often but only if I feel…Continue

Latest Activity

David Knight posted a status
54 minutes ago
David Knight posted a status
1 hour ago
rongodboy posted a status
6 hours ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
7 hours ago
Philly Debutante since '88 liked OfficialGroupie's blog post The BA Academy: The "Roster" Groupie
8 hours ago
Formally Known as Ginger posted a discussion

My Book

Hey, I already posted this but I'll post it again because a lot of you supported my short stories…See More
10 hours ago
Formally Known as Ginger replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ciara and Russell Wilson Take A Break
"Nope, she needs to learn how to take a slow and keep it quiet. Ciara is in love with the idea of…"
10 hours ago
siarasheree commented on Eleven8's blog post Another One Bites The Dust - Lance Gross Ties The Knot (Pics)
"NICE !! "
10 hours ago
Eleven8's 6 blog posts were featured
10 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
10 hours ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
10 hours ago
EmpressSoDivine replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ciara and Russell Wilson Take A Break
"No, she just needs to learn how to keep her affairs quiet smh"
10 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video