A friend and I were having a discussion when she said this "have you noticed how many fine men have ugly wives and girlfriends?? Why is a woman like me single?" so it made me wonder, do you think it's harder for an attractive woman with all her stuff together to get and keep a man? Do looks play any part at all in why a pretty woman might have a hard time in a relationship with an insecure man? Personally I've been in a relationship with an insecure man that cheated on me with some strange creatures and after we ended it, years later, he told me its because he never felt like he was good enough for me and the reason he went for women like the one he cheated with was because she worshipped him and made him feel like he was the best looking man she'd ever had (I never made him feel like that but his insecurities messed with his perception I guess) so what do you all think? Been in a similar situation?

Tags: Insecure, boogawoof, pretty, wtfiswrongwithsomemen

Views: 4461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

I have a gorgeous friend (won beauty pageants personal trainer etc) an. She stay single.  Not because she has a stank attitude very nice and Christian, it's because she is too picky!  She wants a gorgeous young man who has to be rich and Christian, will wait for sex, has to be white, own business, etc etc etc.  doesn't give the avg joe a chance.  I'm not saying settle w a looser but looks are not everything!! And she refuses to talk to anyone that isn't gorgeous like her :0/
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

Girl me and my friends see this mess all the time and I have to agree with you. Fugly broads will do ANYTHING to keep a man. I have had ugly ass men cheat on me because I boosted their ego  a bit too much & had b****** wondering what is it about him that he got her. I have had fine ass men cheat on me because I didn't boost their ego enough. So I cannot really say anyting about the cheating part. But I know here in DC there are a bunch of bad b****** walking around, so women are desperate to keep the little piece of a man they got. But some are like if he cannot step up to the plate then I would rahter be alone. Why lower your standards (if reasonable) to just be miserable. Sorry I am all over the place trying to hurry up before my boss coem back, LOL!

What would you rate yourself 

DB said:
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

Everyone also has diffrent taste. What you like the next person might think is avg.  

Tone said:
What would you rate yourself 

DB said:
I will be the first to say I am not shallow and until that relationship with him, Id never been cheated on.. Granted some "pretty people" are shallow and use their looks to carry them, my friend isn't one of those people but I guess with all the metro sexual men where she lives, a lot of them aren't okay with not being the prize in the relationship/the better looking half lol

Tone said:

 Good looking women tend to be shallow and after you get over the looks you want something else.

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 

I wouldn't call it picky. It's knowing what you desire in your mate. See goldfinger's response in  eleven8's post. It took me a loooong time to find someone that had that mindset. It's more than just looks.

Brii said:

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 
Which post?

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

I wouldn't call it picky. It's knowing what you desire in your mate. See goldfinger's response in  eleven8's post. It took me a loooong time to find someone that had that mindset. It's more than just looks.

Brii said:

I am not shallow.. I'm very picky and I wouldn't settle for anyone just to say I have a man... I have learned that I'm not easy to deal with lol I'm SPOILED ROTTEN 
After you're pretty, then what? What do you bring to the table???? Lots of "pretty" girls don't understand that looks may peak his interest, but personality will make him stay...
Ugly girls know this...

It can be hard because guys assume that you already have someone. I have heard guys say that an "ugly" female will go  harder to please a man, just like they say with fat women. Sometimes i have been perplexed when I see an attractive man with an "ugly" woman and think, maybe through his eyeballs, she IS attractive to him. Or maybe he's not as shallow as he seems and actually  gave her a chance because he fell in love with her personality.

 

Like Usher and Tameka. He spent so much time around her that I guess at some point, he fell for her *shrug*

Being pretty is alright but it gets you no where in the long run because after awhile looks fade and almost everybody wants someone who can stimulate them mentally and not just physically.. I do 

* Not only that looks aside I do believe there is somebody for everybody



JustMe said:
After you're pretty, then what? What do you bring to the table???? Lots of "pretty" girls don't understand that looks may peak his interest, but personality will make him stay... Ugly girls know this...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

No, I don't want sex...

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by XXXXXX 4 hours ago. 4 Replies

Am I the only person that still believes that "chillin'" means talking, watching TV, etc not f--cking? Like these days I don't even feel comfortable inviting a guy over to my crib for fear he will…Continue

Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Ashley T 5 hours ago. 2 Replies

After a DNA test proved that…Continue

The Dream Shares His Wedding Photos

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 15 hours ago. 0 Replies

The Dream got married for a third…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 15 hours ago. 5 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Latest Activity

Peachkyss posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Peachkyss's blog post was featured
1 hour ago
aleah updated their profile
1 hour ago
Nicole commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"This should be interesting. Meghan not scared of nobody. Jackie watch out!"
3 hours ago
V commented on Milagros Reyes's blog post The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul By: @milagreee
"This is a great article and I agree with its sentiments. It doesn't take much to be able to…"
4 hours ago
XXXXXX replied to Formally Known as Ginger's discussion No, I don't want sex...
"I think the magic days of trying to get to know somebody are kinda over... Back in the 80s and…"
4 hours ago
XXXXXX replied to Formally Known as Ginger's discussion No, I don't want sex...
"I hear you... I met a woman (she's 38) that I took out on dates and was communicating back and…"
4 hours ago
Ashley T replied to RubyWoo's discussion Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama
"She is pretty. Of course she would sing and dance like her big sister. Bey not going for that lol"
5 hours ago
Sandy Cheeks commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"The show shouldn't be called basketball wives seeing that none of them are married to…"
6 hours ago
RubyWoo's 3 events were featured
7 hours ago
RubyWoo posted events
7 hours ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"What's the tea between her and Brittish? We need the full backstory before watching the new…"
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video