A friend and I were having a discussion when she said this "have you noticed how many fine men have ugly wives and girlfriends?? Why is a woman like me single?" so it made me wonder, do you think it's harder for an attractive woman with all her stuff together to get and keep a man? Do looks play any part at all in why a pretty woman might have a hard time in a relationship with an insecure man? Personally I've been in a relationship with an insecure man that cheated on me with some strange creatures and after we ended it, years later, he told me its because he never felt like he was good enough for me and the reason he went for women like the one he cheated with was because she worshipped him and made him feel like he was the best looking man she'd ever had (I never made him feel like that but his insecurities messed with his perception I guess) so what do you all think? Been in a similar situation?

Tags: Insecure, boogawoof, pretty, wtfiswrongwithsomemen

Views: 4289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting...

darnell nelson said:

You know what phoenix, I personally never liked that word, " turned out". I like to instead say "turned on".when u experience another facet of your sexuality, something is "turned on" inside you, how u relate to the world, the opposite sec, as well as the same sex, it's an eye opening experience. I have personally witnessed men that were once cruel, become kind, not sissies, but a kinder version of themselves, after their first same sex experience. I have witnessed men open up more to their female partners emotionally, after that type of experience. Just my opinion:)
Phoenix said:

I was "turned" out one on one with another female.

You don't know every scenario honey. I'm sorry.
Tone said:

A woman can easily be  turned out trying to please her man with a threesome.  But a guy has to be thinking gay thoughts to even want to deal with another man on that level.

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with that highlighted part. Why can't "ugly" girls be genuinely nice and sweet without worrying about eating or finding a man? Does this just ignore the personality aspect?  

LuckyStrike351 said:

The best head I ever got (almost out of body experience) was from an overweight girl...  Also, "ugly" girls tend to be really nice and sweet and will take the time out their day to talk to you.

On the flip side, really good looking girls ignore you unless they know you're a baller, and really good looking girls, for me, as well as taking to other men, put out average to below average sexual performances. Basically good looking girls figure the prize is that they let you f*** them, where as "ugly" girls go the extra mile and make sure you're sexually satisfied in every way so they will keep you around.

I will say this, though, "ugly" girls are not nice and sweet necessarily because they want to be, but more of, they have no choice if they want to eat and find a man.  A hot girl on the other hand can be bitchy because she has plenty of horny fools who will be willing to put up with her s****.

Honeycoated said:

It can be hard because guys assume that you already have someone. I have heard guys say that an "ugly" female will go  harder to please a man, just like they say with fat women. Sometimes i have been perplexed when I see an attractive man with an "ugly" woman and think, maybe through his eyeballs, she IS attractive to him. Or maybe he's not as shallow as he seems and actually  gave her a chance because he fell in love with her personality.

Like Usher and Tameka. He spent so much time around her that I guess at some point, he fell for her *shrug*

whoa!  hold up....imma need you to clarify or state your definition for a 'straight' man.  here's mine: a man that only has sex with the opposite sex. Period. Dot. Dot.  There is no ambiguity for a heterosexual man.  You can't turn out a straight.  There aint enough patron and brotherhood in the city of Miami to turn out a straight man.

Now..a dude that is confused about his sexual orientation, or is geigh/bi-sexual but has conformed to societal pressures to look 'straight' from all outward appearances....that dude can be 'turned out/on' to homosexuality. 

I lived in ATL for 3 years.  All the physical characteristics I have that attracted women...attracted geigh dudes as well.  Ish was embarrassing, and pointless from my perspective.  I'm straight, and at my h******* I've never thought about any other dude sexually.  In fact, you could strand me on a desert island with Rupaul in drag for years and I'd die f****** coconuts and dreaming about the last piece of pu$$y I got before looking at another man.

darnell nelson said:

wasn't. Going to reply, but phoenix just made my point, what YOU won't do,..with enough patrons,coupled with friendship and comfort, another brother will,..and come back for seconds. In this "let live" sexual climate of today, walk into any hot club in Miami,30 to 35% of the "straight men" you see, grinding on the prettiest young lady near them,..well if she ain't giving it up,...a can guarantee,the dude next to him,watching his every move,...will, in the name of "brotherhood",..lol!! When I was in college, we use to turn out so many men, we made a game of it. Men love sex,..and a lot DON'T care if the h*** belongs to a man or a woman,..all they care about is if your clean, and condoms are within reach!!!.just don't tell nobody!!!!! And I usually don't cause it's nobodies business. Ladies, wrap it up, these dudes are running wild, and discovering themselves.
Phoenix said:

Straight men get turned out just like straight women honey.

I just had a post about it! You commented on it. It happens. 
Tone said:

What are you talking about no straight man is checking for another man.
darnell nelson said:

Interesting convoy ladies and gents, now amp that a 1000 times, and you have competition between gay men. I am a pretty man, always was, always will be, it's just a fact. I live in NYC, and these men are so incredibly insecure, till I took drastic measures, and became celibate, and have been for over 5 years. Men, period are children that need to be coddled and egos need to be stroked, and that not what I do. Many of you don't know this, but that is the very reason, why many of us are "crossing" over, and beginning to date straight or bicurious men, cause men these days don't have the backbone that makes a real man. When I was growing up, men were still strong and self assured, a man knew his place, and appreciated beauty in all its forms. Now days physical beauty is like a curse, your damn if your decent looking, with some semblance of a self esteem, and a career, in fact your a damn unicorn, and people don't mind treating u as such. I simply left it all behind, and concentrated on my spiritual self,best decision I have ever made. It's sad, in a sense, cause I have so much to offer, but if the world does not see it,.....then I make sure I do,...and keep it moving. Love is wonderful, and I would give my eyeteeth to have a man that I could call my own,...but I leave that to the universe,...will I just continue to be me.  Don't give up ladies,...there is someone for everyone, just believe you are worthy,..and he will come.

The song below pretty much explains why men choose ugly wives.  However, they love having and taking care of beautiful mistresses.

Hey hey hey hey hey If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life Never make a pretty women your wife Go for my personal point of view Get an ugly girl to marry you
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life Never make a pretty women your wife Go for my personal point of view Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty women makes her husband look small it very often causes a system fall As soon as he marrys her then she starts looking for things that will break his heart but if you make an ugly women your wife you'll be happy for the rest of your life An ugly women will put peals on that and she'll always give you a piece of that.

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life Never make a pretty women your wife

I just want to comment on straight men wanting or having one time relations with gay men. I'm a dominatrix and my customers are all straight men who request that I tell stories of them sleeping with other men. Then...they go back to their normal lives with their wives and kids without ever having sex with an actual man. I guess every man is different and you will never know whats truly going on in his head. So to assume that straight men don't think about other men is asinine. You just never know. A man can be straight in the sense that he has never slept with another man all while fantasizing about sleeping with other men.

- Is it hard being attractive?

I think so, I agree that people don't take pretty women serious. We kind of have to prove our intelligence and strength in the business world more than less attractive women. As for dating, men are also afraid of rejection and they go for the less attractive woman because she is not only a bit easier...but she is probably going to start a convo with a guy she wants while the pretty woman is still sitting on her butt waiting for HIM to come speak to her.

Those guys you are dealing with are gay. 

Jewels said:

I just want to comment on straight men wanting or having one time relations with gay men. I'm a dominatrix and my customers are all straight men who request that I tell stories of them sleeping with other men. Then...they go back to their normal lives with their wives and kids without ever having sex with an actual man. I guess every man is different and you will never know whats truly going on in his head. So to assume that straight men don't think about other men is asinine. You just never know. A man can be straight in the sense that he has never slept with another man all while fantasizing about sleeping with other men.

I think so, I agree that people don't take pretty women serious. We kind of have to prove our intelligence and strength in the business world more than less attractive women. As for dating, men are also afraid of rejection and they go for the less attractive woman because she is not only a bit easier...but she is probably going to start a convo with a guy she wants while the pretty woman is still sitting on her butt waiting for HIM to come speak to her.

I have dated men that always accused me of cheating and they always say I look like that type chick to cheat cause they no I get offers an in the long run they end up cheating or leavin me cause they think sooner or later I'll do it to them I'm not saying I'm all that but I can and have turned a head or two I just find it hard to believe u would think I will cheat cause of how I looked and further more why pursue me in the first place if u think this??????

I'm going out on a limb and assume ALL straight men don't think about having sex with other men.  Being a straight/heterosexual man is mutually exclusive to any other sexual orientation.  I can't be straight and be attracted to another man....that would make me bisexual.  It's the sexual attraction not the act of sex that denotes the orientation: hetero, bi, or h***.  I'll assume you knew all that....so why bring up your role as a dominatrix?  Men who use your services are being submissive to you.  Telling stories about them being with other men is just humiliating.  Do they get aroused?  Is the arousal caused by being submissive or fantasizing about being with the men in your stories?  If it's the later, they are bi.

Jewels said:

I guess every man is different and you will never know whats truly going on in his head. So to assume that straight men don't think about other men is asinine.You just never know.

Despite what I think, you or anyone else, if a man has sexual desires towards other men but decides to claim "straight" then that's what the people in his everyday life will see him as. Life is not black and white, people do keep secrets you know. I made the statement because I agree with Darnell. There were comments made similar to the one you just posted and I have actually seen what he mentioned first hand. Therefore, I am one to say Yes it is true for some men. Maybe not you, but you never know whose truth it may be around you.

I won't carry this portion of the convo on any longer. 

goldfinger said:

I'm going out on a limb and assume ALL straight men don't think about having sex with other men.  Being a straight/heterosexual man is mutually exclusive to any other sexual orientation.  I can't be straight and be attracted to another man....that would make me bisexual.  It's the sexual attraction not the act of sex that denotes the orientation: hetero, bi, or h***.  I'll assume you knew all that....so why bring up your role as a dominatrix?  Men who use your services are being submissive to you.  Telling stories about them being with other men is just humiliating.  Do they get aroused?  Is the arousal caused by being submissive or fantasizing about being with the men in your stories?  If it's the later, they are bi.

Jewels said:

These young girls dont know how to dress for church either. I saw this one chick with 6 inch stileto's and some black and white striped dress or skirt walking down the street to get into her car after church. No stockings or anything. Just bare-legged, 6 inch stilleto's, in church. These chicks need to know the difference. They dress like they're going to the club, in church!

LuckyStrike351 said:

The part about men looking at women as just sex objects, I mean, how is that such a problem so as long as you're not being hurt, or violated?  

It's a fundamental part of life woman! Men HUNT down women for SEX despite all this modern cultural BS. Get use to it because NOTHING is changing.

Also, part of the problem if you're attracting way too much male attention is your own fault for walking out in the public with sexy clothes/shoes on.

Dam, the S** I see on the street, do any of you girls THINK before you step outside the house?

THINK such as, "Hmmm, how will men view me with this on?" 

For real, the way you girls are dressing today to go to the office, or whatever, is what girls back in the 80's use to wear when they would walk the streets looking to turn a trick. Women today lost all ability to behave and dress like a LADY.

Love is a Losing Game said:

Having been considered an ugly girl for a loooooonnnnggg time, I can talk about a bit of both sides. First, let me say, I miss being ugly. I think life was so much easier then. I mean "I wasn't gettin niggas doe" in my philly girl voice, lol, but there was no pressure either. I could just live my life and be happy about it. Being considered pretty has three major drawbacks to me:

1. Ladies hate you. period.
  2. Men only see the physical and most just wanna f*ck one time, then try to get to know u.
  3. Everybody thinks you are dumb and shallow.

In my pretty girl life, I have found that I have to tread lightly when I working with other women. Even having women as friends. At work, I try to downplay my looks by not wearing makeup, super stylish clothes or even heels. I try to just "look regular" and not put a bunch of fuss into my outer appearance. Women, especially women in power DO NOT like pretty bishes around them! If you are a pretty bish u better watch out, cuz they and the rest of the average hoes will hate you!

Men only see the sexy part. I mean they try to pretend that they want to know enough about you to make u think they care and ish, but they be interested in hittin that OFF BAT! Then, I think they may consider getting to know you. Also, some men are intimidated like yall stated. They try to "lower" you by talking ish and slick tryna put u down. Some try to hurt you emotionally or even physically. 

Lastly, folk think a pretty bish is as dumb as a bag of rocks. I get soooo tired of folk trying me. I mean seriously. They think cuz I smile and am cool about a lot of stuff that I am just dumb and don't know ish. This is another reason why I miss my ugly days. People listened to me and I feel like they weighed my words. Now, I think when folk hear me talking they be thinking "aw this bish got it made, she don't know s*** about what I'm talking about.

The reality is that I still feel like the same person I was before people started tellin me I was cute. I still think the same and treat folk the same. I still want to treat folk good, and I want to be treated good. It's not all about me, I focus my efforts on others, but I guess my outer makes it hard for people to see what I need and want in my inner. I will admit tho, as a pretty girl, I don't have to get a man through my personality. I miss that too from my ugly days. I used to be able to get to know guys and learn alot from them. but now, I think the convo is way different than it was.

*hangs head in shame* If she was getting into a black mustang then it was me lol. But seriously I do that all the time. I can't stand stockings and I swore as a child that the second I got old enough, I would never wear them again. (With the exception of funerals). But in my defense I do wear below the knee dresses/skirts or dress pants when I go bare. But I do agree that the standard of dressing up for church has changed. With the exception of blazers and accessories church attire should have nothing in common with club attire.

Honeycoated said:

These young girls dont know how to dress for church either. I saw this one chick with 6 inch stileto's and some black and white striped dress or skirt walking down the street to get into her car after church. No stockings or anything. Just bare-legged, 6 inch stilleto's, in church. These chicks need to know the difference. They dress like they're going to the club, in church!

LuckyStrike351 said:

The part about men looking at women as just sex objects, I mean, how is that such a problem so as long as you're not being hurt, or violated?  

It's a fundamental part of life woman! Men HUNT down women for SEX despite all this modern cultural BS. Get use to it because NOTHING is changing.

Also, part of the problem if you're attracting way too much male attention is your own fault for walking out in the public with sexy clothes/shoes on.

Dam, the S** I see on the street, do any of you girls THINK before you step outside the house?

THINK such as, "Hmmm, how will men view me with this on?" 

For real, the way you girls are dressing today to go to the office, or whatever, is what girls back in the 80's use to wear when they would walk the streets looking to turn a trick. Women today lost all ability to behave and dress like a LADY.

Love is a Losing Game said:

Having been considered an ugly girl for a loooooonnnnggg time, I can talk about a bit of both sides. First, let me say, I miss being ugly. I think life was so much easier then. I mean "I wasn't gettin niggas doe" in my philly girl voice, lol, but there was no pressure either. I could just live my life and be happy about it. Being considered pretty has three major drawbacks to me:

1. Ladies hate you. period.
  2. Men only see the physical and most just wanna f*ck one time, then try to get to know u.
  3. Everybody thinks you are dumb and shallow.

In my pretty girl life, I have found that I have to tread lightly when I working with other women. Even having women as friends. At work, I try to downplay my looks by not wearing makeup, super stylish clothes or even heels. I try to just "look regular" and not put a bunch of fuss into my outer appearance. Women, especially women in power DO NOT like pretty bishes around them! If you are a pretty bish u better watch out, cuz they and the rest of the average hoes will hate you!

Men only see the sexy part. I mean they try to pretend that they want to know enough about you to make u think they care and ish, but they be interested in hittin that OFF BAT! Then, I think they may consider getting to know you. Also, some men are intimidated like yall stated. They try to "lower" you by talking ish and slick tryna put u down. Some try to hurt you emotionally or even physically. 

Lastly, folk think a pretty bish is as dumb as a bag of rocks. I get soooo tired of folk trying me. I mean seriously. They think cuz I smile and am cool about a lot of stuff that I am just dumb and don't know ish. This is another reason why I miss my ugly days. People listened to me and I feel like they weighed my words. Now, I think when folk hear me talking they be thinking "aw this bish got it made, she don't know s*** about what I'm talking about.

The reality is that I still feel like the same person I was before people started tellin me I was cute. I still think the same and treat folk the same. I still want to treat folk good, and I want to be treated good. It's not all about me, I focus my efforts on others, but I guess my outer makes it hard for people to see what I need and want in my inner. I will admit tho, as a pretty girl, I don't have to get a man through my personality. I miss that too from my ugly days. I used to be able to get to know guys and learn alot from them. but now, I think the convo is way different than it was.

or me...but does anyone still wear stockings??

McKenna Hylton said:

*hangs head in shame* If she was getting into a black mustang then it was me lol. But seriously I do that all the time. I can't stand stockings and I swore as a child that the second I got old enough, I would never wear them again. (With the exception of funerals). But in my defense I do wear below the knee dresses/skirts or dress pants when I go bare. But I do agree that the standard of dressing up for church has changed. With the exception of blazers and accessories church attire should have nothing in common with club attire.

Honeycoated said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Mimi & Nikko Got Paid...

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by SACK CHASER 3 minutes ago. 5 Replies

100k for the Scandal In Atlanta P0rn TapeContinue

Tags: nikko, mimi, bbwatl

B. Scott Loses Lawsuit Against BET

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by University of Smitty 2 hours ago. 12 Replies

BET can dress its hosts however the hell it wants -- even if that means forcing a transgender person to dress like a man -- and that's why the judge threw out B. Scott's discrimination lawsuit.TMZ…Continue

Tags: scott, b

I usually date only white women...

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Diwan Moor 3 hours ago. 66 Replies

This isn't really for advice, just a recent story.I met this guy, we'll call him Tom. Tom is a divorced black 37 year old fire fighter with a 2 year old son and I spoke briefly on the phone and he…Continue

Phone sex

Started by Purplerain in Talk Ish. Last reply by Diwan Moor 4 hours ago. 7 Replies

Hello all!Y'all I need help lol. So I've been dating this awesome guy and things are progressing nicely. Sometimes our schedules don't permit us to be physically with one another so recently he…Continue

Latest Activity

AllyNWonderland commented on Eleven8's blog post Kevin Durant Sued By The Woman Who Books His Groupies' Flights & Hotels
"What's crazy is that I've thought about doing this.... F*** I wanna do it"
30 minutes ago
Akires Henri commented on Eleven8's blog post Kevin Durant Sued By The Woman Who Books His Groupies' Flights & Hotels
"Damn I need to do that"
39 minutes ago
Robin Smith commented on Eleven8's blog post Serge Ibaka & Keri Hilson Are Back Together
"I like them. hope it works out"
46 minutes ago
Robin Smith commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie That Left Her Kids In The Car To See T.I. Concert Is Pregnant Again
"WHEN WILL THIS SH*T STOP"
47 minutes ago
Robin Smith commented on Eleven8's blog post Mike Epps Punches Side Chick In The Face At Movie Premiere
"another stupid ass nig"
48 minutes ago
Robin Smith commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Jennifer Lopez In Rachel Zoe's Pre-Fall 2014 Tweed Mini Dress and Gianvito Rossi Thigh High Boots
"WAY to short but I love the boots and tweed. she's definitely been on point lately."
49 minutes ago
Robin Smith commented on Eleven8's blog post Kevin Durant Sued By The Woman Who Books His Groupies' Flights & Hotels
"@denise HAHA yes sign me up! you know you a baller when you got brokers for ya hoes. that's…"
52 minutes ago
V commented on Eleven8's blog post Mike Epps Punches Side Chick In The Face At Movie Premiere
"* of his, correction"
1 hour ago
V commented on Eleven8's blog post Mike Epps Punches Side Chick In The Face At Movie Premiere
"I was still a fan ofhix after that drama with his daughter: cuz she recorded their private phone…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconHoward Mckinney, Phoenix Bradley Johnson, Kayla Michelle and 8 more joined Baller Alert.com
1 hour ago
Eleven8 commented on Eleven8's blog post Kevin Durant Sued By The Woman Who Books His Groupies' Flights & Hotels
"Where there is a supply there is a demand. There's ways to make money doing just about…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconCHANTAEY DIALLO and Baller Alert are attending Eleven8's event
Thumbnail

MIA - Young Jeezy & Kenyon Martin @ Bamboo 4/20 at Bamboo Miami

April 20, 2014 at 10pm to April 21, 2014 at 5am
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video