Has anyone juiced for a long period of time? (over a week) If so can you tell me about your experience?

Tags: juice

Views: 1070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My friend does, she recommended the book "21 pounds in 21 days" by Martha Vineyard, she swears by it and she does look fabulous. I bought it but found hard to follow with my hectic schedule. My personal experience is it is cumbersome to juice, you have to fill he whole fridge with veggies, fruits and greens and they go by fast so you'll have to make multiply trips to the store. You also have to invest in a good juicer. The one I have from Walmart which was like $60, Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor leaves a lot of wet pulp, which means not so much juice is being extracted. 

I guess the best way is to buy juices from local farm markets, Mexican stores, or Jamba Juice instead of juicing it yourself. What I hated most is that juicing makes you super gassy, it's very uncomfortable and annoying. I also was hungry all the time, if you're used to dieting, it probably won't be a problem, but I personally couldn't stop thinking of steak and it drove me crazy lol. I did it for 2 weeks and quit, I might try it again though, it did make me feel better and I lost 5 pounds.

I never went over a week. I will say, for weight loss purposes it was great. I never felt gassy or anything like that. My biggest gripe is like what Creative Bee said, having a really good juicer, If your juicer isn't the greatest all you get is pulp and that is annoying. Plus, fruits and veggies don't last long, they go bad so you gotta be careful. Cant keep any juice for over a day. Also, you don't wanna do Jamba Juice or Naked juice etc because those have sugar, calories etc that you likely won't get doing it yourself. Its a toss up.

My grandmother bought one from Macy's for about $300-$400 and within a month or two it was broke.

The Jack Lalaine stainless steel juicer is the best. When you juice either do all veggies or all fruit and use ginger so you don't get gassy. Also when you juice veggies, always juice one apple makes it easier to tolerate.

I have an Whole Foods on the corner.. they have juice bar. I think it's cheaper to buy it there then to buy a 350 juicer and all the veggies/fruits it takes to make juice. I just watched that documentary Fat, Sick, & Nearly Died and I couldn't believe dude juiced for 60 days.

Wow you had discipline.. I'm sure it was more mental than anything.

BabyBallerCheeks said:

P.S. I juiced for a month and lost 27 pounds. I didn't do the normal juicing diet. I juiced Monday-Friday and ate whatever I wanted on weekends (though I tried to stay away from carbs). It was easier for me to do it that way. 

P.P.S. I am 5'9" and at the time I weighed 160 pounds. I really wanted to be 120 pounds but I topped off around 130. 

That's a good idea to use ginger, thank you Spice and I will try to look up  Jack Lalaine juicer and give juicing another shot.

I know it's been around for centuries, this is how people used to detoxify themselves, however their bodies were trained to handle long periods of eating one type of food and fasting. Christian fasting is a great for keeping your body in control if you follow it strictly.

I was always lazy, because i never had to do anything to keep shape, once i hit 30 I can't loose a pound without hard work and I think the toxins are part of the problem, juicing cleanses your system from junk, so I'm definitely going to start it again.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

The Jack Lalaine stainless steel juicer is the best. When you juice either do all veggies or all fruit and use ginger so you don't get gassy. Also when you juice veggies, always juice one apple makes it easier to tolerate.

I'm going to invest in a Jack Lalaine juicer and give it a shot. It's $145.53 on Amazon.

My mom did 21 lbs in 21days with walking every morning. She's in her 50s, lost 22 and gained 2 back the maintenance days but she used my fancy super expensive blender. I want a real juicer though, and I'd buy a book coz I want sweet juices not that cayenne pepper, sweet potato, squash and leaf stuff my mom was making from the book. Hamilton Beach isn't all that good, and neither is the Breville - I'm perusing Amazon, don't know which to get. Let me look up that Jack Lalaine..

I got mine on sale less than at $100 around Christmas time, if you can wait that long.

I juice fruits and vegs separately and store them in the fridge in 2 glass jugs so I don't have to juice every day.  I stir them up and drink approx. an 8oz glass when I feel peckish.

Moving In Silence said:

I'm going to invest in a Jack Lalaine juicer and give it a shot. It's $145.53 on Amazon.

I was reading up on juicing because I was getting ready to start the 21 pounds in 21 days detox when I read this...http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-21-pounds-in-21-days-the-ma... In short you may want to add some salmon to your juicing every few days.

You can get your protein from Quinoa. While juicing 2x a day Lunch/dinner do a small Quinoa vegetable salad and you'll be fine.

Moving In Silence said:

I was reading up on juicing because I was getting ready to start the 21 pounds in 21 days detox when I read this...http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-21-pounds-in-21-days-the-ma... In short you may want to add some salmon to your juicing every few days.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Kelis Steps Out With Her New Man

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Brown Skin Beauty 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

Continue

Celebs Attend Salute to Excellence Event in Atlanta

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Brown Skin Beauty 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

T.I., Derek J, and Deb Antney…Continue

Latest Activity

Lisa Tuck commented on Lisa Tuck's album
Thumbnail

Watch Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live Stream Online Free Spanish Primera Division

"How To watch Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live Online Spanish Primera Division match? You get…"
22 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live Stream Online Free Spanish Primera Division

"Watch Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live Stream Online Free Spanish Primera Division…"
23 minutes ago
Lisa Tuck posted an album

Watch Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live Stream Online Free Spanish Primera Division 09/20/2014 and enjoy Watch Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Free Online Game Soccer PC TV Video Free, Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Madrid Live…
24 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"How To watch Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live Online English Premier League match? You get links from…"
28 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"Watch Aston Villa vs Arsenal Live Stream Online Free English Premier League 09/20/2014 and enjoy…"
28 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Newcastle United vs Hull City Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"How To watch Newcastle United vs Hull City Live Online English Premier League match? You get links…"
31 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Newcastle United vs Hull City Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"Watch Newcastle United vs Hull City Live Stream Online Free English Premier League 09/20/2014 and…"
31 minutes ago
V replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Sheneka Adams
"8--AND she looks like a hard-living late 30's chick to me."
32 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Swansea City vs Southampton Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"How To watch Swansea City vs Southampton Live Online English Premier League match? You get links…"
33 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Swansea City vs Southampton Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"Watch Swansea City vs Southampton Live Stream Online Free English Premier League 09/20/2014 and…"
33 minutes ago
V replied to RubyWoo's discussion Keke Wyatt & Her Husband Expecting 8th Child
"If she likes it I love it. 2-3 at the most suits me just fine. Congrats and best wishes for a…"
34 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Burnley vs Sunderland Live Stream Online Free EPL TV

"How To watch Burnley vs Sunderland Live Online English Premier League match? You get links from…"
40 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video