So I was on a roll, right.  The stuff I cooked for Thanksgiving was the bomb and Saturday nightI put a pot roast in the crockpot and it melted in your mouth.  The weather was suppose to break today so I decided to make Chilli last night.  I havent made it in a year of Sundays..........and it tasted like it, too  lol.  I didnt put enough Chilli powder or Cumin in it.  When I tasted it, I knew something was wrong but I couldnt put my finger on it.  I thought it was bitter so I added what was suppose to be a little sugar.  What did I do that for?? It ended up being a big pot of sweet ground turkey and beans.  it was awful but my daughter loves sugar so it was right up her alley....lol

 

That got me to  reminiscing about other kitchen screw ups and  I lmao.  One Thanksgiving, my sistercalled herself was boiling making the elbows for mac and cheese.  She filled the pot full of cold water, set it on the stove and poured the elbows in.  My mother went off....'Why would you put that sh*t in COLD water???......blah blah blah"  So my mom asked me if I had any elbows so she could start over.  I give her my box and my dumb azz sister DID IT AGAIN....lol  My mother literally just busted out CRYING then....LMAOOOOO  It was like she just realized at that moment that something was truly wrong with my sister.

 

Any of you care to share any kitchen nighmare stories?

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm trying to think of something but I'm still trying to recover from Tone's return to BA. Give me a few.

LMBO!! Your mother would HATE me because my flubb was with the Thanksgiving macaroni too. In my defense I wasn't mentally prepared to cook but....I had all my ingredients laid out and measured, everything was going smooth, a little to smooth. I poured everything into the oven pan begin spreading the cheese and then I realized what was wrong....I forgot to boil the elbow noodles. LOL My mom gave me a death look, like she was ashamed that she even birth me. So to redeem myself, I decided to make the desserts...bad move!! I left the eggs out of 2 of the cakes, but I don't think anyone noticed because they ate it. I didn't say anything, I just didn't eat those 2 cakes, LOL

 

Now I stay in my cooking lane, I make the dressing only if I have too and I'll cook the cornbread if no one else wants to, other than that I show up with drinks and a fork.

DAMN!!!!   Yeah, Sheli you f**ked that all up...lol

Sheli said:

LMBO!! Your mother would HATE me because my flubb was with the Thanksgiving macaroni too. In my defense I wasn't mentally prepared to cook but....I had all my ingredients laid out and measured, everything was going smooth, a little to smooth. I poured everything into the oven pan begin spreading the cheese and then I realized what was wrong....I forgot to boil the elbow noodles. LOL My mom gave me a death look, like she was ashamed that she even birth me. So to redeem myself, I decided to make the desserts...bad move!! I left the eggs out of 2 of the cakes, but I don't think anyone noticed because they ate it. I didn't say anything, I just didn't eat those 2 cakes, LOL

 

Now I stay in my cooking lane, I make the dressing only if I have too and I'll cook the cornbread if no one else wants to, other than that I show up with drinks and a fork.

Yall have me cracking up! My first kitchen nightmare I must have been about 13 and I had got a new baking pan that had a plastic lid on it... well I had never seen a baking pan with a top my teenage logic though it would make it cook faster I went to check on my cake the top had shrunk up and started to bake into the cake. I was devastated my new lid wand cake were both ruined... My dumbass baking plastic

 

lol Ok, I did this recently. I don't know how I did it but I was in a mood to make a pound cake from scratch. I got all my ingredients out on the table. I mixed the batter up tasting it and smiling thinking this was gonna be good. Greased and floured two loaf pans. Poured the batter and popped them in the oven.

 

They smelled so good baking...but...they weren't rising. I left them in until they were golden brown but them things never rose as high as they normally would. I went back and checked my ingredients to make sure that nothing had expired and that is when I realized what I did wrong.  At some point I had grabbed a dish towel and dropped it on the table covering up the baking powder and I forgot to put it in. lol I threw some vanilla ice cream on top and they still tasted fine. I had planned to take the second one to work but there was no way after that. lol

Those flat cakes are sooooooo ugly and delicious, arent they....lol

 

Well I f**ked up one of my cheescakes this year, too.  My littlebrother usually makes them but it didnt look like he would get home from school in time.  Sooooooooo, I got all the the ingredients out, melted the butter and all.  Then I discovered that the butter was only needed if you were making the crust from scratch, which I wasnt.  At some point I got confused...lol  It said something about a placing something in a shallow pan and for some reason I thought that meant to bake it on top of a cookie sheet.  Thank God  both pies wouldnt fit on there because the one that did was burnt on the bottom.  smh


CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:

lol Ok, I did this recently. I don't know how I did it but I was in a mood to make a pound cake from scratch. I got all my ingredients out on the table. I mixed the batter up tasting it and smiling thinking this was gonna be good. Greased and floured two loaf pans. Poured the batter and popped them in the oven.

 

They smelled so good baking...but...they weren't rising. I left them in until they were golden brown but them things never rose as high as they normally would. I went back and checked my ingredients to make sure that nothing had expired and that is when I realized what I did wrong.  At some point I had grabbed a dish towel and dropped it on the table covering up the baking powder and I forgot to put it in. lol I threw some vanilla ice cream on top and they still tasted fine. I had planned to take the second one to work but there was no way after that. lol

i confessed my most recent nightmare already but i'll share w/the group. found a recipe for some simple pineapple upside down cupcakes. it clearly calls for you to replace the water to mix w/the cake (yes i used regular old yellow cake and not from scratch, sue me) with the drained pineapple juice. i ended up using water and ALSO pouring the juice into the pan cups. shitty mess! they were giant muffins and soaked at the bottom w/the brown sugar/pineapples and cherries. i ate every last single one of em too!

i did them again over the weekend the right way and they turned out great.

LOL!! You must have been tired when you were trying to do this.

University of Smitty said:

Those flat cakes are sooooooo ugly and delicious, arent they....lol

 

Well I f**ked up one of my cheescakes this year, too.  My littlebrother usually makes them but it didnt look like he would get home from school in time.  Sooooooooo, I got all the the ingredients out, melted the butter and all.  Then I discovered that the butter was only needed if you were making the crust from scratch, which I wasnt.  At some point I got confused...lol  It said something about a placing something in a shallow pan and for some reason I thought that meant to bake it on top of a cookie sheet.  Thank God  both pies wouldnt fit on there because the one that did was burnt on the bottom.  smh


CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:

lol Ok, I did this recently. I don't know how I did it but I was in a mood to make a pound cake from scratch. I got all my ingredients out on the table. I mixed the batter up tasting it and smiling thinking this was gonna be good. Greased and floured two loaf pans. Poured the batter and popped them in the oven.

 

They smelled so good baking...but...they weren't rising. I left them in until they were golden brown but them things never rose as high as they normally would. I went back and checked my ingredients to make sure that nothing had expired and that is when I realized what I did wrong.  At some point I had grabbed a dish towel and dropped it on the table covering up the baking powder and I forgot to put it in. lol I threw some vanilla ice cream on top and they still tasted fine. I had planned to take the second one to work but there was no way after that. lol

SN: Can I get that pound cake recipe? The one I have never turns out right (and it ain't my fault, LOL)

CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:

lol Ok, I did this recently. I don't know how I did it but I was in a mood to make a pound cake from scratch. I got all my ingredients out on the table. I mixed the batter up tasting it and smiling thinking this was gonna be good. Greased and floured two loaf pans. Poured the batter and popped them in the oven.

 

They smelled so good baking...but...they weren't rising. I left them in until they were golden brown but them things never rose as high as they normally would. I went back and checked my ingredients to make sure that nothing had expired and that is when I realized what I did wrong.  At some point I had grabbed a dish towel and dropped it on the table covering up the baking powder and I forgot to put it in. lol I threw some vanilla ice cream on top and they still tasted fine. I had planned to take the second one to work but there was no way after that. lol

Pretty much......I had worked that day, cooked dinner, cleaned out my frig, made my greens and some fresh string beans.  I'm sure it was after midnight when I started those cheesecakes  lol

 

LOL@ max saying she ate every last one of them

CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:

LOL!! You must have been tired when you were trying to do this.

University of Smitty said:

Those flat cakes are sooooooo ugly and delicious, arent they....lol

 

Well I f**ked up one of my cheescakes this year, too.  My littlebrother usually makes them but it didnt look like he would get home from school in time.  Sooooooooo, I got all the the ingredients out, melted the butter and all.  Then I discovered that the butter was only needed if you were making the crust from scratch, which I wasnt.  At some point I got confused...lol  It said something about a placing something in a shallow pan and for some reason I thought that meant to bake it on top of a cookie sheet.  Thank God  both pies wouldnt fit on there because the one that did was burnt on the bottom.  smh


CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:

lol Ok, I did this recently. I don't know how I did it but I was in a mood to make a pound cake from scratch. I got all my ingredients out on the table. I mixed the batter up tasting it and smiling thinking this was gonna be good. Greased and floured two loaf pans. Poured the batter and popped them in the oven.

 

They smelled so good baking...but...they weren't rising. I left them in until they were golden brown but them things never rose as high as they normally would. I went back and checked my ingredients to make sure that nothing had expired and that is when I realized what I did wrong.  At some point I had grabbed a dish towel and dropped it on the table covering up the baking powder and I forgot to put it in. lol I threw some vanilla ice cream on top and they still tasted fine. I had planned to take the second one to work but there was no way after that. lol

Back in the day, before I acquired my seasoning hand.... lol! I called myself making meatloaf. OMG! I put sooo much Lawry's in that ish!!!! I could have killed my own grandmother with all that salt.  I loved how she tried to force it down saying it wasn't that bad. Shiiiiiiid, I threw that ish in the garbage right away!

Will do. You want me to post it here or in one of the recipe posts?

 

Max you did not! lol @MB trying to kill nana. At least we know better now.

Sheli said:

SN: Can I get that pound cake recipe? The one I have never turns out right (and it ain't my fault, LOL)

CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:

lol Ok, I did this recently. I don't know how I did it but I was in a mood to make a pound cake from scratch. I got all my ingredients out on the table. I mixed the batter up tasting it and smiling thinking this was gonna be good. Greased and floured two loaf pans. Poured the batter and popped them in the oven.

 

They smelled so good baking...but...they weren't rising. I left them in until they were golden brown but them things never rose as high as they normally would. I went back and checked my ingredients to make sure that nothing had expired and that is when I realized what I did wrong.  At some point I had grabbed a dish towel and dropped it on the table covering up the baking powder and I forgot to put it in. lol I threw some vanilla ice cream on top and they still tasted fine. I had planned to take the second one to work but there was no way after that. lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

Ebola Hits the U.S.

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by DJ - A.K.A - DON_JUAN 5 hours ago. 5 Replies

The United States has its first…Continue

Did Lebron Fix His Hairline?

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey 7 hours ago. 1 Reply

Continue

Did Porsha Williams Confirm She's Dating Eagles' Lesean McCoy?

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey 8 hours ago. 1 Reply

There's been rumors circulating…Continue

Baller Mail - Amber Rose Caught Wiz In Bed With Twins

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Eleven8 8 hours ago. 2 Replies

Baller Mail - (Disclaimer:…Continue

Latest Activity

Peachkyss posted blog posts
6 minutes ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
6 minutes ago
JustMe commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"And wasn't Kenyon Martin married when he & Trina hooked up?"
8 minutes ago
JustMe commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"I remember French's wife complaining about him leaving her for Trina... So I'm not buying…"
8 minutes ago
V liked Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Will Monfret (Model)
27 minutes ago
V liked Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's How Much Do They Make?: Eric Gordon (New Orleans Pelicans)
34 minutes ago
Lala25 commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"My mother and sis told me about a passage in the bible that indicates once your break your marital…"
49 minutes ago
Sandy Cheeks commented on Eleven8's blog post Was KC Chiefs Husain Abdullah Penalized For Praying On The Field?
"Godell is sucking the fun out of everything. What's next?"
1 hour ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"@V ur entire statement is on point."
2 hours ago
Angela H liked Asimplebijou's discussion Sooooooooo
3 hours ago
V commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"Trina's girl-code is like people's (mis) interpretation of The Bible; shaping and molding…"
3 hours ago
Eleven8 shared RubyWoo's blog post on Twitter
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video