A guy on my FB timeline made a comment regarding the KimYe baby news that said, "The fact that Kanye and Kim having a baby is top news on Yahoo is terrible. Get your sh*t together, America."

My thoughts are, well, it's what people want to see and talk about and hear about so of course it's top news. Thanks to trends, the media considers certain topics to be top news because that will bring more consumers (and nosey busybodies) to their sites/channels. But, on the other hand, I know that sometimes media will cover a story just for shock value or to catch people's attention. So this brings me to my "chicken before the egg" type question.

Do you think that consumers dictate what the media covers or do you think that media just covers whatever the hell they want to and consumers eat it up?

Either way, it's a vicious cycle.

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ugh..just sucks overall.

 I would say it a little bit of both

I agree with Tone for a change. lol

Tone © said:

 I would say it a little bit of both

Right! I agree with Tone too. Just something that crossed my mind and I wanted to see if anyone had ever thought about it in depth before. I know it's not really a favorable topic since both society and the media suck 9 times out of 10.

CCD is Workin on a baller 4 she said:

I agree with Tone for a change. lol

Tone © said:

 I would say it a little bit of both

LOL One feeds the other. Sometimes with good results and other times...well Kimye's baby is all I'm gonna say. lol


BlkButtafly said:

Right! I agree with Tone too. Just something that crossed my mind and I wanted to see if anyone had ever thought about it in depth before. I know it's not really a favorable topic since both society and the media suck 9 times out of 10.

CCD is Workin on a baller 4 she said:

I agree with Tone for a change. lol

Tone © said:

 I would say it a little bit of both

I think the media tells us what we care about. How many times have u hated a song until they played it a thousand times on video and radio? Whenever something that we SHOULD care about comes up but the media doesn't want us to care about it, themedia stages a hugh distraction like Kimye, whitney, michael, patreaus, etc until the dust settles. The media controls the consumer. The consumer is just a blind follower.

On the other hand, that is VERY true. I know most of the words to songs that I hate and didn't really listen to intently.

Love is a Losing Game said:

I think the media tells us what we care about. How many times have u hated a song until they played it a thousand times on video and radio? Whenever something that we SHOULD care about comes up but the media doesn't want us to care about it, themedia stages a hugh distraction like Kimye, whitney, michael, patreaus, etc until the dust settles. The media controls the consumer. The consumer is just a blind follower.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

BallerBoards

J.R. Smith Inks Deal For Body Tattoo T-Shirts

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by SoLuscious 14 hours ago. 1 Reply

#NBA Champion #JRSmith has recently inked a deal with #Cleveland’s Fresh Brewed Tees, to produce shirts featuring every single tattoo that Smith has on his torso. The new deal comes after Smith…Continue

Sean Kingston Gets $300k Chain Snatched Off His Neck

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish yesterday. 0 Replies

Seems like #SeanKingston just can't keep hold of his accessories. After already having a watch stolen, #TMZ reports that now Kingston has had a $300k chain snatched right off his neck.Kingston says…Continue

'Hamilton' Production Adds Extra Show in Honor of Hillary Clinton

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish yesterday. 0 Replies

The #Hamilton cast is standing united with #Democratic nominee #HillaryClinton and have added an extra show in support of her campaign. The cast will be hosting a fundraiser and adding an additional…Continue

Teacher Alleges that Students Hacked Her Sext Messages and Spread Them Throughout the School

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish yesterday. 0 Replies

According to the #NewYorkPost, one teacher is claiming that students hacked her sex-rated online chat and school officials have failed to punish the students. #AngelaCosta, a social studies teacher…Continue

Latest Activity

Rod TBGWT commented on Eleven8's blog post 5 Reasons To Try Sexless Sex - blogged by: @Mr.BlackTalks
"hhahah"
1 hour ago
Moving In Silence commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Marlo Hampton Wearing Gucci Green Laced Dress and Gucci Stretch Socks
"I see where she was going but.... Those socks are not cute. From the knees up is a hit tho."
5 hours ago
RubyWoo posted a blog post
6 hours ago
RubyWoo's blog post was featured
6 hours ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
6 hours ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
6 hours ago
Moving In Silence commented on MsJennyb's blog post Milwaukee Woman Added to the FBI's “Ten Most Wanted Fugitives” List – blogged by @MsJennyb
"I wish I had info on this crazy bish. I think it's ok to snitch on people like her."
6 hours ago
ManofMorehouse liked Tia Long's blog post Kanye West And Adidas Announce Expansion On The YEEZY Partnership - blogged by: @bytialong
7 hours ago
ManofMorehouse liked Lauren Flanigan's blog post California Will Vote on Recreational Marijuana Use in November - blogged by: @proudlylauren
7 hours ago
MsJennyb posted blog posts
7 hours ago
MsJennyb's 3 blog posts were featured
7 hours ago
Lauren Flanigan posted blog posts
7 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Baller Alert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service