Anyone have experience with baseball or hockey players?I feel like everyone is interested in NBA and NFL players and had forgot about the 2 sports that have guaranteed money.I have seen a thread or 2 on Baseball but what about hockey?Are you ladies just not checking for them?I'm just curious.At first I was very interested in basketball players but now when I think about it I feel like there is a untapped market for sistas/Latinas to date NHL and MLB players especially since you never really see us at those games/events, we would definitely stand out. What say you?

Tags: Baseball, Hockey, Sistas

Views: 4957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info love. And about standing out lol I totally agree, I always wondered if I would feel out of place. But I guess it'll be a good thing, like theres a spotlight on me lol.

glamazon said:

I went to school with one and met the other at a pricey brunch spot on a Saturday. I always thought they didn't like black women too, and I'm not sure if it's just from pool they're faced with - no exposure or what. I stood out like a sore thumb at the games or parties, but they all loved me. I think it's always nice to immerse yourself in places where there are men you like, and your qualities are seemingly special because of how rare they are. I really need to date them more but I just don't hang out where they do so...

Find out where they hang out. I met my husband at a charity event for his team. I was the only black woman there that wasn't over 45 or an employee of the team. His friends who are still playing aren't married and some of them ask me about my girlfriends all the time(black girls). Ive only known a few of them to actually date black women but they are open. Its just a lot of black women are only checking for nba/nfl guys....and i'll say that I dated PLENTY of nba/nfl guys and things didnt work out then I met 1 little spanish baseball player and boom I was married lol go figure.

I dated a MLB player experience was great he was Dominican got injured and moved back home for a season. Its a plus if you know Spanish. They blend in so well unless it was die hard fan.

@jbreezy he didn't happen to be a pitcher did he? o_O

jbreezy said:

I dated a MLB player experience was great he was Dominican got injured and moved back home for a season. Its a plus if you know Spanish. They blend in so well unless it was die hard fan.

MLB players are cool but not as easily recognizable as NFL or NBA ballers. Most MLB players are shorter guys that really aren't anything special to look at. I like my guys 6'5" and OVER thank you lol but I did see a MLB pitcher this summer... ;)  
Thanks @true2this, charity events you say makes sense.And dang I'm cracking up that everyone saying they stand out.And so your husband is Dominican?Yeah I had noticed some cute afro-Caribbean men lol.

@jbreezy did your dude speak English?I figure its a good idea for me too learn spanish :) I've wanted to for a while but I guess now is as good a time as ever.

And I guess theres not much info on the hockey players,huh?I feel like I would have a better chance with the Canadian players as opposed to the American guys.They don't have as many race hang ups because they are foreign.

Yeah he's from the DR. At first it was a culture difference. Now im use to it. It seemed like there was always another family member coming over lol I speak very little spanish but I understand it much better. My kids spend alot of time with his aunt so it's pretty much their first language. I've noticed the MLB players seem to manage their money way more than other athletes. My husband and his friends did pretty well and now he's working for his team.

Don't get into the habit of 'selective gold digging'  (joking) lol

They maybe short but their money is long. They are cool guys to chill with. They are not arrogant and they spend their money wisely. They're not flashy.

MissMidwest said:

MLB players are cool but not as easily recognizable as NFL or NBA ballers. Most MLB players are shorter guys that really aren't anything special to look at. I like my guys 6'5" and OVER thank you lol but I did see a MLB pitcher this summer... ;)  

@missmidwest you were seeing an mlb player? what's your experience with one in terms of money. like are they stingy with spending on you?

@tru2this, can you answer this question as well? you seem to know a lot about your hubby's friends/team mates so in your experience are they stingy with their money (or do they like to spend on gfs)? they seem so low key compared to other guys.anything you can share on dating an mlb player? i know mlb players must cheat just as much as other athletes right? alot of nba/nfl dudes seem to just wanna fly girls out, hit it a few times and leave, are mlb players generally like that as well? im hoping mlb players are a little more serious when it comes to dating just because they seem so low key. sorry for all the questions but it's rare that i find an insider who can answer them for me, it seems like all the girls are after nba and nfl players and only have info on that life. it's nice to hear that theyre open to dating other races.

I'm really enjoying this post because I've never been with an athlete and didn't want to be with any NBA or NFL players. MLB and NHL players seem a lot more low key and that's attractive to me lol. The charity events I attend and volunteer at never have athletes there. I've been to a hockey game and it's a lot of fun but didn't meet any players. I just have to figure out where to start?! The ballers that approach me are older and Caucasian. There's nothing wrong with them but we just don't have enough in common or they're married. I'm trying to figure out how to find these men you ladies talk about! sorry for rambling but I'm trying to find a way to get back into dating and not waste any of my time.
@old$pice girl I'm shallow & can't help it lol I'm 5'7" so I don't want a little 5'10" baller lol I like my men BIG! :) 

@Carrie yes I was I met him in June & saw him until he left to go home in September. He was more of a flashy baller, maybe because of his culture but he dressed much nicer then his
boring, ugly ass teammates lol he was good to me with the money, everytime I saw him he made sure I wouldn't leave with empty pockets, he was really generous in that sense. 

Carrie Vasquez said:

@missmidwest you were seeing an mlb player? what's your experience with one in terms of money. like are they stingy with spending on you?

@tru2this, can you answer this question as well? you seem to know a lot about your hubby's friends/team mates so in your experience are they stingy with their money (or do they like to spend on gfs)? they seem so low key compared to other guys.anything you can share on dating an mlb player? i know mlb players must cheat just as much as other athletes right? alot of nba/nfl dudes seem to just wanna fly girls out, hit it a few times and leave, are mlb players generally like that as well? im hoping mlb players are a little more serious when it comes to dating just because they seem so low key. sorry for all the questions but it's rare that i find an insider who can answer them for me, it seems like all the girls are after nba and nfl players and only have info on that life. it's nice to hear that theyre open to dating other races.

ugggh so lucky.Did you meet him at a game????Why did you stop talking to him,was he a hispanic player?

MissMidwest said:

@old$pice girl I'm shallow & can't help it lol I'm 5'7" so I don't want a little 5'10" baller lol I like my men BIG! :) 

@Carrie yes I was I met him in June & saw him until he left to go home in September. He was more of a flashy baller, maybe because of his culture but he dressed much nicer then his
boring, ugly ass teammates lol he was good to me with the money, everytime I saw him he made sure I wouldn't leave with empty pockets, he was really generous in that sense. 

Carrie Vasquez said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

Latest Activity

Baller Alert shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
17 minutes ago
LivingLikeItsGolden commented on MsMaryMac's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Bag Lady
"good post, I'm going through a time in my life where I go between reflecting and dwelling. I…"
38 minutes ago
LivingLikeItsGolden liked MsMaryMac's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Bag Lady
40 minutes ago
DJ - A.K.A - DON_JUAN commented on yan yan's blog post Reality TV Recap: Love and Hip Hop Atlanta (Reunion part 2)
"joseline f***** s*** up....she connected atleast 2 or 3 times on althea poor tammy...she was ready,…"
1 hour ago
B Thang commented on yan yan's blog post Reality TV Recap: Love and Hip Hop Atlanta (Reunion part 2)
"It was too much. Grown ass people should not act that way but I think joseline was definitely on…"
1 hour ago
Niko Rose commented on yan yan's blog post Reality TV Recap: Love and Hip Hop Atlanta (Reunion part 2)
"Miss Deb setting the record straight was my fave part. Everything else is blah"
1 hour ago
Denise Love commented on Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's Wives/Girlfriends/Baby Mamas: Bertille Sefolosha
"inspiration..."
1 hour ago
Denise Love liked Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's Wives/Girlfriends/Baby Mamas: Bertille Sefolosha
1 hour ago
Baller Alert shared yan yan's blog post on Twitter
1 hour ago
Eleven8's blog post was featured
1 hour ago
Eleven8 posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Asimplebijou commented on yan yan's blog post Reality TV Recap: Love and Hip Hop Atlanta (Reunion part 2)
"Sh*t had me on sleep mode"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video