Anyone have experience with baseball or hockey players?I feel like everyone is interested in NBA and NFL players and had forgot about the 2 sports that have guaranteed money.I have seen a thread or 2 on Baseball but what about hockey?Are you ladies just not checking for them?I'm just curious.At first I was very interested in basketball players but now when I think about it I feel like there is a untapped market for sistas/Latinas to date NHL and MLB players especially since you never really see us at those games/events, we would definitely stand out. What say you?

Tags: Baseball, Hockey, Sistas

Views: 5362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion


 Thanks for the info love. And about standing out lol I totally agree, I always wondered if I would feel out of place. But I guess it'll be a good thing, like theres a spotlight on me lol.

 

glamazon said:

I went to school with one and met the other at a pricey brunch spot on a Saturday. I always thought they didn't like black women too, and I'm not sure if it's just from pool they're faced with - no exposure or what. I stood out like a sore thumb at the games or parties, but they all loved me. I think it's always nice to immerse yourself in places where there are men you like, and your qualities are seemingly special because of how rare they are. I really need to date them more but I just don't hang out where they do so...

Find out where they hang out. I met my husband at a charity event for his team. I was the only black woman there that wasn't over 45 or an employee of the team. His friends who are still playing aren't married and some of them ask me about my girlfriends all the time(black girls). Ive only known a few of them to actually date black women but they are open. Its just a lot of black women are only checking for nba/nfl guys....and i'll say that I dated PLENTY of nba/nfl guys and things didnt work out then I met 1 little spanish baseball player and boom I was married lol go figure.

I dated a MLB player experience was great he was Dominican got injured and moved back home for a season. Its a plus if you know Spanish. They blend in so well unless it was die hard fan.

@jbreezy he didn't happen to be a pitcher did he? o_O

jbreezy said:

I dated a MLB player experience was great he was Dominican got injured and moved back home for a season. Its a plus if you know Spanish. They blend in so well unless it was die hard fan.

MLB players are cool but not as easily recognizable as NFL or NBA ballers. Most MLB players are shorter guys that really aren't anything special to look at. I like my guys 6'5" and OVER thank you lol but I did see a MLB pitcher this summer... ;)  
Thanks @true2this, charity events you say makes sense.And dang I'm cracking up that everyone saying they stand out.And so your husband is Dominican?Yeah I had noticed some cute afro-Caribbean men lol.

@jbreezy did your dude speak English?I figure its a good idea for me too learn spanish :) I've wanted to for a while but I guess now is as good a time as ever.

And I guess theres not much info on the hockey players,huh?I feel like I would have a better chance with the Canadian players as opposed to the American guys.They don't have as many race hang ups because they are foreign.

Yeah he's from the DR. At first it was a culture difference. Now im use to it. It seemed like there was always another family member coming over lol I speak very little spanish but I understand it much better. My kids spend alot of time with his aunt so it's pretty much their first language. I've noticed the MLB players seem to manage their money way more than other athletes. My husband and his friends did pretty well and now he's working for his team.

Don't get into the habit of 'selective gold digging'  (joking) lol

They maybe short but their money is long. They are cool guys to chill with. They are not arrogant and they spend their money wisely. They're not flashy.

MissMidwest said:

MLB players are cool but not as easily recognizable as NFL or NBA ballers. Most MLB players are shorter guys that really aren't anything special to look at. I like my guys 6'5" and OVER thank you lol but I did see a MLB pitcher this summer... ;)  

@missmidwest you were seeing an mlb player? what's your experience with one in terms of money. like are they stingy with spending on you?

@tru2this, can you answer this question as well? you seem to know a lot about your hubby's friends/team mates so in your experience are they stingy with their money (or do they like to spend on gfs)? they seem so low key compared to other guys.anything you can share on dating an mlb player? i know mlb players must cheat just as much as other athletes right? alot of nba/nfl dudes seem to just wanna fly girls out, hit it a few times and leave, are mlb players generally like that as well? im hoping mlb players are a little more serious when it comes to dating just because they seem so low key. sorry for all the questions but it's rare that i find an insider who can answer them for me, it seems like all the girls are after nba and nfl players and only have info on that life. it's nice to hear that theyre open to dating other races.

I'm really enjoying this post because I've never been with an athlete and didn't want to be with any NBA or NFL players. MLB and NHL players seem a lot more low key and that's attractive to me lol. The charity events I attend and volunteer at never have athletes there. I've been to a hockey game and it's a lot of fun but didn't meet any players. I just have to figure out where to start?! The ballers that approach me are older and Caucasian. There's nothing wrong with them but we just don't have enough in common or they're married. I'm trying to figure out how to find these men you ladies talk about! sorry for rambling but I'm trying to find a way to get back into dating and not waste any of my time.
@old$pice girl I'm shallow & can't help it lol I'm 5'7" so I don't want a little 5'10" baller lol I like my men BIG! :) 

@Carrie yes I was I met him in June & saw him until he left to go home in September. He was more of a flashy baller, maybe because of his culture but he dressed much nicer then his
boring, ugly ass teammates lol he was good to me with the money, everytime I saw him he made sure I wouldn't leave with empty pockets, he was really generous in that sense. 

Carrie Vasquez said:

@missmidwest you were seeing an mlb player? what's your experience with one in terms of money. like are they stingy with spending on you?

@tru2this, can you answer this question as well? you seem to know a lot about your hubby's friends/team mates so in your experience are they stingy with their money (or do they like to spend on gfs)? they seem so low key compared to other guys.anything you can share on dating an mlb player? i know mlb players must cheat just as much as other athletes right? alot of nba/nfl dudes seem to just wanna fly girls out, hit it a few times and leave, are mlb players generally like that as well? im hoping mlb players are a little more serious when it comes to dating just because they seem so low key. sorry for all the questions but it's rare that i find an insider who can answer them for me, it seems like all the girls are after nba and nfl players and only have info on that life. it's nice to hear that theyre open to dating other races.

ugggh so lucky.Did you meet him at a game????Why did you stop talking to him,was he a hispanic player?
 
MissMidwest said:

@old$pice girl I'm shallow & can't help it lol I'm 5'7" so I don't want a little 5'10" baller lol I like my men BIG! :) 

@Carrie yes I was I met him in June & saw him until he left to go home in September. He was more of a flashy baller, maybe because of his culture but he dressed much nicer then his
boring, ugly ass teammates lol he was good to me with the money, everytime I saw him he made sure I wouldn't leave with empty pockets, he was really generous in that sense. 

Carrie Vasquez said:

@missmidwest you were seeing an mlb player? what's your experience with one in terms of money. like are they stingy with spending on you?

@tru2this, can you answer this question as well? you seem to know a lot about your hubby's friends/team mates so in your experience are they stingy with their money (or do they like to spend on gfs)? they seem so low key compared to other guys.anything you can share on dating an mlb player? i know mlb players must cheat just as much as other athletes right? alot of nba/nfl dudes seem to just wanna fly girls out, hit it a few times and leave, are mlb players generally like that as well? im hoping mlb players are a little more serious when it comes to dating just because they seem so low key. sorry for all the questions but it's rare that i find an insider who can answer them for me, it seems like all the girls are after nba and nfl players and only have info on that life. it's nice to hear that theyre open to dating other races.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

New to Charlotte, NC

Started by Phoenix in Talk Ish. Last reply by Brooke Daniels yesterday. 31 Replies

I just moved to Charlotte, NC and in desperate need of some folks to either hang out with or places to go and things to do bc as of right now my life consists of work and sleep. DAILYJust give me…Continue

Tags: ballers, nc, charlotte

Random Hoe and/or Hood Sh!t

Started by Sheli in Talk Ish. Last reply by EmpressSoDivine on Wednesday. 133 Replies

I just wanted to "discuss" some random hoe or hood s*** you've witnessed that just made you say W-T-F! I'll go first....At my job there are two chicks who don't like each other and today each one…Continue

Broke Nigga Quotes

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by Spinster Jun 25. 307 Replies

List some of the things you heard broke niggas say.. I'll start: "Money isn't Everything"Continue

Tags: broke nigga quotes

There's some trolls in this house (singing)

Started by Moving In Silence in Talk Ish. Last reply by Empowered Woman aka $picey Jun 25. 13 Replies

The males on this board with the exception of a few are trolls and don't deserve attention. Please stop responding to them and they will eventually go away.

Latest Activity

LemonDropPop commented on Eleven8's blog post Glory Johnson Drops Another Baby Bomb, She's Having Twins!
"Why don't people have some kind of paper work done before they do this? @ Brazil, I'm…"
26 minutes ago
LemonDropPop commented on Eleven8's blog post Baller Mail - Another Woman Comes Out About Celtics Jared Sullinger
"Backpage is like a knock off of Craigslist, @ Terrell Jones, rofl Wal-Mart pu$$y!"
1 hour ago
ari liked Savv Davis's blog post Baller Wives @SavvDavisBooks
17 hours ago
ari commented on Foxie Millero's blog post Baller Wives Club "Me And My Boo In Our Boo Coupe Ridin""- Episode 3
"Yes finally i have waited for this and you spared me none. I see so much happening, i had a feeling…"
17 hours ago
Eleven8's 5 blog posts were featured
22 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
22 hours ago
Sean commented on Eleven8's blog post Tami Roman Is Sick Of The Comments About Her Pregnancy
"Tammy got pregnant to stay relevant. What 40+ year old woman wants to be old as hell with a baby?…"
22 hours ago
Terrell Jones liked Eleven8's blog post Dr. Dre Announces New Radio Show "The Pharmacy" Exclusively On Apple Music
yesterday
Terrell Jones liked Eleven8's blog post CBS Broadcaster Greg Anthony Reinstated After Backpage Prostitution Scandal
yesterday
Terrell Jones commented on CrisdaCat's blog post Is it okay to explore your options while in the "talking" phase? Blogged by @CrisdaCat
"Some women act like every dude they meet trying to talk to them on some relationship sh!t and they…"
yesterday
Terrell Jones commented on Eleven8's blog post Dr. Dre Announces New Radio Show "The Pharmacy" Exclusively On Apple Music
"Dre lucky the internet wasn't around l when he was beating those women up. I almost forgot how…"
yesterday
Foxie Millero posted a blog post
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video