Joel Embiid Goes Off: Drops 70 Points, Breaking 76ers' Franchise Record
(Photo by Tim Nwachukwu/Getty Images)

Philadelphia 76ers’ Joel Embiid Diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy Amid Playoff Run

Philadelphia 76ers All-Star center Joel Embiid has disclosed he has been diagnosed with Bell’s palsy, a form of facial paralysis. This news comes on the heels of an outstanding performance where Embiid scored 50 points in Game 3 of the playoffs against the New York Knicks.

Embiid, who has been a crucial player for the 76ers, mentioned that he started experiencing symptoms such as blurred vision and dry eyes shortly before the play-in tournament began on April 17, where the Sixers faced the Miami Heat. Despite these challenges, Embiid delivered a strong game with 23 points and 15 rebounds, helping secure his team’s spot in the playoffs.

Joel Embiid Goes Off: Drops 70 Points, Breaking 76ers' Franchise Record
Photo by Tim NwachukwuGetty Images

At a recent press conference, Embiid, wearing sunglasses, shared his struggles with the condition. He recounted dealing with migraines and initially dismissing them before the symptoms worsened, prompting him to seek medical advice. “My body was just not feeling it,” Embiid explained, highlighting the discomfort on the left side of his face affecting his mouth and eye.

Despite the diagnosis, Embiid remains determined. “It’s been tough. But I’m not a quitter. I’m going to keep fighting through anything,” he affirmed. This resilience underlines his commitment to his team and the sport, emphasizing that while it’s an unfortunate setback, it won’t be used as an excuse as he continues to push through the playoffs.

About Baller Alert Staff

Check Also

Kevin Hart Requests A Temporary Restraining Order Against Tasha K

Kevin Hart’s Defamation Lawsuit Against Tasha K Moves Forward

Los Angeles, California Superior Court Judge Holly Fujie has ruled that Kevin Hart’s defamation claim …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading