Hi Everybody!

*Waves real hard* Ok anyway I'm going to try and make this short I'm in class and almost everybody is ready to knock heads off we are having an open discussion and the topic is...

In other words What has the greatest impact on the type of person we will become: The way our parents raised us (nurture) or the influence our surrounding environment has on us (nature)?

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No side will win because you can have a kid raised in a good home or vice versa and it's their choice to make 'choose the right path'.

The way your parents raise you has the most impact. Your environment can influence  you to do things but  the teachings you get from home will stick with you no matter what environment you are in. I

I think about this all the time as well. ALthough a part of me is outgoing and would prefer to have way more friends than I have, I think the way I was brought up by my mom has made me the way i am. And it's hard to break 30 years of certain habits.

It has always been in my NATURE to be outgoing, to go to EVERY party I was invited to and go here and there, but the way I was NURTURED, by a homebody type of parent kept me and my sis shelterd, therefore I feel like it stunted my social growth.

Although it could have been a good thing, becasue if she let me run wild, who know what type of ish I'd have gotten into, but I feel like some of her ways have rubbed off on me and I dont like it

Oh, no you didnt.  So what's your project going to be on  lmao  I took psychology 3 semesters ago and let's just say.....I wasnt feeling the title of this thread.

I sorry (LOL) I needed some other POV's, because apparently I'm wrong for stating that its your choice to go the straight and narrow path or not.. Well other than restraining myself from beating this girl up for screaming in my ear I'm not sure yet LOL j/k

University of Smitty said:

Oh, no you didnt.  So what's your project going to be on  lmao  I took psychology 3 semesters ago and let's just say.....I wasnt feeling the title of this thread.

THANK YOU!!

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

No side will win because you can have a kid raised in a good home or vice versa and it's their choice to make 'choose the right path'.

I think back in the day it was Nurture. But today with all the parents not being parents, tv influences and madness going on I think it is nature. But I have this debate all the time and never win, so good luck, LOL!

I agree..ppl make it who grew up in f***** up homes with f***** up parents AND grew up in a f***** up enviroment and knew they wanted more for themselves based on other enviroments that they only dreamed of.  You can have great arguments from both sides. 

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

in a way it's your choice. A parent can do all they can but if you just a sneaky thinking person, you will be that way regardless. Or like what I was saying, my mom didnt let us run wild, but there is still a social butterfly part to me no matter how much she tried to keep us in the house

Brii said:

I sorry (LOL) I needed some other POV's, because apparently I'm wrong for stating that its your choice to go the straight and narrow path or not.. Well other than restraining myself from beating this girl up for screaming in my ear I'm not sure yet LOL j/k

University of Smitty said:

Someone somewhere in my life said that most babies come here with their personalities already intact. That is it is up to parents to do the best they can to shape the person they are going to be and keep pushing them in the right direction. So, I think it is both really. Because I got a sister who for all my parents did, they could not bring the ghetto out of her once we moved. There are 4 of us. One older than her and two younger than her. She is the only one of us who lives and breathes the ghettofabulous life.

Thanks everybody for y'all input :)
Thanks everybody for your valid points It's appreciated :) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Jim Jones

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Carla Jenkins 30 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Wheww he really let her have it!Continue

If You Want Sage The Gemini's Number...

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Brown Skin Beauty 40 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Another DM fail. Call him before he…Continue

Meet ups and Events in Philly/ NJ Area

Started by BrownSkin Beauty. in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Hello,My name is Kapreecia, better known as Pree. I live in Philadelphia, PA and it's always something going on in this city or around. I'm 21 at the moment and it's kind of hard to find friends who…Continue

Tags: networking, parties, events, nj, brown

Latest Activity

Eleven8's 6 blog posts were featured
28 minutes ago
Carla Jenkins replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Jim Jones
"Jim always spazzes out on females. Let it be a man though... "
30 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
31 minutes ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Eleven8's blog post Fantasia's Hubby Gets A Huge Tattoo Of Her Name
"@Sean I totally agree. I wouldn't tattoo no man's name on me.  @Eleven8 Has Fantasia…"
32 minutes ago
Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion If You Want Sage The Gemini's Number...
"oh ok...lol"
40 minutes ago
Sean commented on Eleven8's blog post Fantasia's Hubby Gets A Huge Tattoo Of Her Name
"Fool ass. Next headline gonna read,"Fannie's new boo caught texting a stripper, baby…"
40 minutes ago
Eleven8 commented on Eleven8's blog post Fantasia's Hubby Gets A Huge Tattoo Of Her Name
"looks like part of a knight's armo...with the screws and stuff"
47 minutes ago
RubyWoo replied to RubyWoo's discussion If You Want Sage The Gemini's Number...
"he's the guy that did the Red Nose song...'and she gon shake it like a red nose' lol"
52 minutes ago
Brown Skin Beauty commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Loyce Means (Former NFL Player/Model)
"He has a different look about him...I'm thinking it's the baby face."
57 minutes ago
Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion If You Want Sage The Gemini's Number...
"I never heard of him either...but I'm going to call to see if he changed it already...hahaha"
59 minutes ago
Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Jim Jones
"Really? He's quite lame for that...smh"
1 hour ago
Brown Skin Beauty commented on Eleven8's blog post Fantasia's Hubby Gets A Huge Tattoo Of Her Name
"It looks really nice. I'm not sure what it is though. Looks like part of a collared shirt. I…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video