Hi Everybody!

*Waves real hard* Ok anyway I'm going to try and make this short I'm in class and almost everybody is ready to knock heads off we are having an open discussion and the topic is...

In other words What has the greatest impact on the type of person we will become: The way our parents raised us (nurture) or the influence our surrounding environment has on us (nature)?

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No side will win because you can have a kid raised in a good home or vice versa and it's their choice to make 'choose the right path'.

The way your parents raise you has the most impact. Your environment can influence  you to do things but  the teachings you get from home will stick with you no matter what environment you are in. I

I think about this all the time as well. ALthough a part of me is outgoing and would prefer to have way more friends than I have, I think the way I was brought up by my mom has made me the way i am. And it's hard to break 30 years of certain habits.

It has always been in my NATURE to be outgoing, to go to EVERY party I was invited to and go here and there, but the way I was NURTURED, by a homebody type of parent kept me and my sis shelterd, therefore I feel like it stunted my social growth.

Although it could have been a good thing, becasue if she let me run wild, who know what type of ish I'd have gotten into, but I feel like some of her ways have rubbed off on me and I dont like it

Oh, no you didnt.  So what's your project going to be on  lmao  I took psychology 3 semesters ago and let's just say.....I wasnt feeling the title of this thread.

I sorry (LOL) I needed some other POV's, because apparently I'm wrong for stating that its your choice to go the straight and narrow path or not.. Well other than restraining myself from beating this girl up for screaming in my ear I'm not sure yet LOL j/k

University of Smitty said:

Oh, no you didnt.  So what's your project going to be on  lmao  I took psychology 3 semesters ago and let's just say.....I wasnt feeling the title of this thread.

THANK YOU!!

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

No side will win because you can have a kid raised in a good home or vice versa and it's their choice to make 'choose the right path'.

I think back in the day it was Nurture. But today with all the parents not being parents, tv influences and madness going on I think it is nature. But I have this debate all the time and never win, so good luck, LOL!

I agree..ppl make it who grew up in f***** up homes with f***** up parents AND grew up in a f***** up enviroment and knew they wanted more for themselves based on other enviroments that they only dreamed of.  You can have great arguments from both sides. 

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

in a way it's your choice. A parent can do all they can but if you just a sneaky thinking person, you will be that way regardless. Or like what I was saying, my mom didnt let us run wild, but there is still a social butterfly part to me no matter how much she tried to keep us in the house

Brii said:

I sorry (LOL) I needed some other POV's, because apparently I'm wrong for stating that its your choice to go the straight and narrow path or not.. Well other than restraining myself from beating this girl up for screaming in my ear I'm not sure yet LOL j/k

University of Smitty said:

Someone somewhere in my life said that most babies come here with their personalities already intact. That is it is up to parents to do the best they can to shape the person they are going to be and keep pushing them in the right direction. So, I think it is both really. Because I got a sister who for all my parents did, they could not bring the ghetto out of her once we moved. There are 4 of us. One older than her and two younger than her. She is the only one of us who lives and breathes the ghettofabulous life.

Thanks everybody for y'all input :)
Thanks everybody for your valid points It's appreciated :) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

No Good Deed

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by EmpressSoDivine 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

No Good Deed with Idris Elba…Continue

Celeb Acts of Kindness: Mike Tyson Helps Motorist After Highway Accident

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

According to news outlets, Mike…Continue

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Ne-Yo

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

Continue

Latest Activity

Asimplebijou commented on Eleven8's blog post Don't Be A Fool - Instagram Commandments and Code of Conduct
"I'm guilty of a few"
16 minutes ago
Star commented on Eleven8's blog post Seahawks DeShawn Shead Proposes To Girlfriend After Game
"@Toya the entire statement was ignorant. Your continued attempt to point out her race means…"
16 minutes ago
Asimplebijou shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
17 minutes ago
Asimplebijou shared their blog post on Twitter
19 minutes ago
Asimplebijou commented on Eleven8's blog post Seahawks DeShawn Shead Proposes To Girlfriend After Game
"Yay.. I'm so happy for them."
22 minutes ago
Kitty B. commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: 2014 BET Hip Hop Awards
"Every time they showed Teyana all I could think of was B. Scott...now idk if that's a…"
26 minutes ago
Lisa Tuck commented on Lisa Tuck's album
Thumbnail

Watch New Jersey Devils vs NY Rangers Live Stream Online Free NHL TV

"How Can watch New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers Live Streaming NHL Pre-season Hockey Match…"
26 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Watch New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers Live Stream Online Free NHL Pre-season Hockey Game…"
26 minutes ago
Lisa Tuck posted an album

Watch New Jersey Devils vs New York Rangers Live Stream Online Free NHL Pre-season Hockey Game 09/22/2014, Watch Devils vs Rangers Live Streaming Free Online PC TV Video Free NHL Pre-season Hockey TV, Game will start at 07:00 PM (ET) New Jersey…
28 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Toronto Maple Leafs vs Philadelphia Flyers Live Stream Online Free NHL TV

"How Can watch Toronto Maple Leafs vs Philadelphia Flyers Live Streaming NHL Pre-season Hockey Match…"
31 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Toronto Maple Leafs vs Philadelphia Flyers Live Stream Online Free NHL TV

"Watch Toronto Maple Leafs vs Philadelphia Flyers Live Stream Online Free NHL Pre-season Hockey Game…"
31 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Watch Washington Capitals vs Philadelphia Flyers Live Stream Online Free NHL TV

"How Can watch Washington Capitals vs Philadelphia Flyers Live Streaming NHL Pre-season Hockey Match…"
43 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video