The NBA and NFL is full of deadbeat dads who can’t keep up with their legion of kids by multiple women, but one Michigan man is putting all those guys to shame. After failing to pay even a fraction of his required child support, Howard Veal, father to 23 kids by 14 different women just received a 23-48 month jail sentence for his criminal offense.

“In my entire career I have never seen a case like this where so much was owed to so many and ignored,” Kent County Judge Dennis Leiber, who has presided over support cases for more than 20 years, told ABC News.

The Michigan man accumulated a debt of more than $533,000 in child support payments, according to court records. Veal has allegedly failed to support his children beyond a few meager payments. “You are the poster child for irresponsibility,” Leiber told Veal at a court hearing, according to The Grand Rapids Press. “You’re an insult to every responsible father who sacrifices to provide for their children.”

In the last seven years, Veal reportedly paid less than a total of $90 for two of his children’s upkeep. In July, Veal pled guilty to failure to pay child support to Sherri Black for his children aged 16 and 11 years old. Of the more than $63,000 owed to Black, the Muskegon High School graduate was asked earlier this year to pay 10 to 100 percent of the child support owed for reduced charges. By late August, Veal had paid nothing.

Black, the mother of two of Veal’s children, wrote in a letter that it’s heartbreaking to choose between shoes and rent.

With a checkered employment history, the 44-year-old Veal has been living with his current girlfriend, who is the mother of four of his children.

During a presentencing investigation, Veal disclosed he fathered 15 children with a total of 12 women but said he could not remember them all.

Findings by a more comprehensive report ordered by the court alleged Veal fathered 23 children by 14 different women. Children that Veal has also allegedly failed to support.

Michigan Assistant Attorney General Mitchell Wood wrote the judge to seek sentencing beyond the guidelines: “The Attorney General’s Child Support Division has prosecuted thousands of felony nonsupport cases since its inception, but none as outrageous as this. For a decade, between 1989 and 1999, the defendant impregnated at least one woman every single year.”

After hearing the facts about the case, the judge said he deviated from sentencing guidelines for substantial and compelling reasons. The guidelines called for no more than six months in jail.

“When you create a human being, I think you have a fundamental responsibility to provide for that child with necessities like food, clothing and shelter,” says Judge Leiber. “Those were the thoughts running through my mind when I saw a man that was spectacularly irresponsible.”

Veal says he’s been out of work and pays what he can. At least 14 additional child support cases are pending against him.

Do you think other deadbeat dads will learn something from this precedent setting decision, or is the judge only wasting taxpayer money by putting this man behind bars, where he won’t be able to earn money to pay child support anyway?

Shouldn’t have somebody told this guy about something called a VASECTOMY a long time ago??? This ni**a was getting it in raw doggy and skeeting away freely for a decade straight!!!

Source

Tags: Deadbeat, babymama

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is crazy.... I never understand these women that mess with men that have this many kids.... period!!! Whether he has money or not!! I gotta uncle like this he only has 20 kids. Once he is done with mom he is done with the kids... he is a poor excuse for a man. He doesn't live or work in this country so his baby mothers cant even get child support from his raggedy ass!
Right!! I mean I'm not on his side but I'M NOT ON THE WOMENS SIDE EITHER!!! Ya'll sleeping with him trying to "trap" him but you're "trapping" yourself and looking a damn fool...ESPECIALLY if you're baby mama number 14!!!





Lovely1 said:
This is crazy.... I never understand these women that mess with men that have this many kids.... period!!! Whether he has money or not!! I gotta uncle like this he only has 20 kids. Once he is done with mom he is done with the kids... he is a poor excuse for a man. He doesn't live or work in this country so his baby mothers cant even get child support from his raggedy ass!
I know a dude in LC that was rumored to have about 26 kids in 05... sure there are more now...
I honestly think if you're KNOWINGLY babymama #4 IMHO you have choosen to raise your child on your own & if its with any1 short of Micheal Jordan they don't deserve anything (because they won't get it anyway)
So is this what happens when black women 'submit' to black men?
HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:
So is this what happens when black women 'submit' to black men?
I had a high school classmate that was the youngest of 30. Both of his parents had been married numerous times, his mom had 8 kids, the rest were his father's.

JustMe said:
I know a dude in LC that was rumored to have about 26 kids in 05... sure there are more now...
LMAO



Tracy said:
HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCDreamer aka Eve Davis said:
So is this what happens when black women 'submit' to black men?
sad...

Ashley Banks said:
I had a high school classmate that was the youngest of 30. Both of his parents had been married numerous times, his mom had 8 kids, the rest were his father's.
JustMe said:
I know a dude in LC that was rumored to have about 26 kids in 05... sure there are more now...
aint this much fcking on earth... I wanna see his picture... something tells me he is light skin with "good hair" and "light eyes"... and these bishes wanted their babies to have some of his traights... and i bet the last few of his baby's muva's are ugly Riva's and they all probably walk around singing that damn Jazmine Sullivan song...
damn, there goes that theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well I guess the D was "that good"

tHeOfFiCialLuRKeR said:
Nope, he looks like a hood rat!
JustMe said:
aint this much fcking on earth... I wanna see his picture... something tells me he is light skin with "good hair" and "light eyes"... and these bishes wanted their babies to have some of his traights... and i bet the last few of his baby's muva's are ugly Riva's and they all probably walk around singing that damn Jazmine Sullivan song...
Ladies beware! lol



JustMe said:
damn, there goes that theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well I guess the D was "that good"
tHeOfFiCialLuRKeR said:
Nope, he looks like a hood rat! JustMe said:
aint this much fcking on earth... I wanna see his picture... something tells me he is light skin with "good hair" and "light eyes"... and these bishes wanted their babies to have some of his traights... and i bet the last few of his baby's muva's are ugly Riva's and they all probably walk around singing that damn Jazmine Sullivan song...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

Jeezy Celebrates Son's 18th Birthday

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 1 minute ago. 0 Replies

Last night at Gio's in Atlanta,…Continue

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Yandy

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by LivingLikeItsGolden 35 minutes ago. 7 Replies

Continue

Ladies, Would You Propose To Your Man?

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by SEASONED $PICE PINE NEEDLE 41 minutes ago. 2 Replies

Continue

Latest Activity

Aarynn Denise liked Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Kim Kardashian Wearing Michael Costello Metallic Chiffon Gown
3 minutes ago
Shantel commented on xotatyanaa's blog post Reality TV - Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Recap (7/28/14)
"Last night was all over the place.. I agree with @Formally fo the most part cause Kalena should…"
13 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared xotatyanaa's blog post on Twitter
27 minutes ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
28 minutes ago
Peachkyss's 3 blog posts were featured
28 minutes ago
RubyWoo posted events
29 minutes ago
LivingLikeItsGolden replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Yandy
"dumb broads...I think Yandy is a great business woman, mom and step mom!"
35 minutes ago
xotatyanaa commented on xotatyanaa's blog post Reality TV - Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Recap (7/28/14)
"I have a feeling that Karlie is just gonna embarrass herself on the next episode."
39 minutes ago
GeeLee commented on Eleven8's blog post Woman Says Pittsburgh Steeler Cam Thomas Gave Her Herpes
"Yeah I'd be bitter too, dumped with Herpes.  Young girls/boys casual sex is no…"
40 minutes ago
SEASONED $PICE PINE NEEDLE replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ladies, Would You Propose To Your Man?
"This is not 'the right way to start'."
41 minutes ago
xotatyanaa and Eleven8 are now friends
43 minutes ago
Formally Known as Ginger commented on xotatyanaa's blog post Reality TV - Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Recap (7/28/14)
"This epside was a snooze fest. Initially, I thought Kalena was level-headed but her and her husband…"
52 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video