‘Pregnancy Begins 2 Weeks Before Conception’ Now The Law In Arizona

In Arizona, women are now legally pregnant two weeks before conception, according to a new law, the Orwellianly-named, “Women’s Health and Safety Act,” signed yesterday by Republican Governor Jan Brewer. The scientifically, medically, ethically, and intellectually dishonest legislation is designed to reduce the amount of time a woman is allowed to have a legal abortion, and is one of the most draconian bills to become law in America.

The bill was sponsored by extremist Arizona State Rep. Kimberly Yee, (image) who last month penned an op-ed titled, “No drug test, no welfare.” Yee wrote:

States have an obligation to hold those on public assistance accountable for their actions. Receiving a public benefit is a privilege, not a right. The debate on drug testing welfare recipients is simply about the responsible use of tax dollars.

It’s unclear where in the U.S. constitution it states that the states “have an obligation to hold those on public assistance accountable for their actions.”

“Planned Parenthood of Arizona lobbyist Michelle Steinberg called the law the country’s ‘most extreme piece of anti-abortion legislation’.” the Tucson Citizen reported:

She said the law defines pregnancy in a way that bans abortion two weeks before the other seven states with similar laws, because it calculates gestational age starting with the first day of the last menstrual period rather than the date of conception.

During the hearings on the bill, doctors said many women don’t discover their fetus has a severe or life-threatening problem until an ultrasound at about the 20th week. The doctors — and several women who had faced this issue — testified that this law would arbitrarily cut off the right for these women to have an abortion.

“My heart goes out to the families that will be impacted,” Steinberg said. “Women are being forced to carry children that they know will end up dying within hours of birth.”

The bill signed into law Thursday makes other changes to abortion regulations, including the requirement of an ultrasound 24 hours before the procedure. The law becomes effective 90 days after the Legislature ends its session, which is likely to occur later this month.

Current law allows abortions up until the point of viability, when a fetus could reasonably survive on its own outside the womb. That’s considered by many medical experts and abortion clinics to be from 22 to 24 weeks. Current law also allows abortions beyond that to protect the “life or health of the woman” but doesn’t define health.

The Daily Beast adds:

The stipulation likely to be most widely felt is what experts are calling an effective shutdown of medication abortions. These nonsurgical abortions are usually performed within the first nine weeks of pregnancy, and account for between 17 and 20 percent of all abortions, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive-rights advocacy group. While women often take the pills at clinics and in their homes, the bill now mandates that a medical provider must have hospital privileges within 30 miles of where the procedure takes place. Many times clinics or homes are not within 30 miles of hospitals, and the distance prevents providers from other cities or even states from caring for women, says Elizabeth Nash of the Guttmacher Institute. Another factor that could contribute to what Nash called a “shutdown” of medication abortions is that the law requires abortion pills to be administered using outdated protocols, confusing providers and obscuring proper use of the drugs.

While it becomes the seventh state to pass such legislation in the past two years, many Arizonans believe theirs is the most restrictive and sinister because of the degree to which it will legislate health care, thwart evidence-based medicine, and shame women. One in three women will have an abortion before age 45 according to Guttmacher, and more than half of those women already have a child.

The law “disregards women’s health in a way I’ve never seen before,” said Center for Reproductive Rights’ state advocacy counsel, Jordan Goldberg. “The women of Arizona can’t access medical treatment that other women can.”

Other parts of the law includes education in public schools prioritizing birth and adoption, signs throughout health-care facilities warning against abortion “coercion,” and an order for the state health department to create and maintain a website touting alternatives to abortion and displaying images of fetuses. Also required is abortion counseling for women aiming to abort pregnancies due to fetal abnormalities, and if the abnormality is certain to be fatal, the counseling incorporates perinatal hospice information before ending the pregnancy. It reaffirms existing barriers to access, like the requirement of a notarized parental consent form for minors and a mandatory ultrasound screening within 24 hours of having an abortion.

State Rep. Kimberly Yee, the sponsor of the House bill, which passed Monday, said she acted with her constituents in mind, adding that many of them feel it “doesn’t go far enough.”

Apparently, Rep. Kimberly Yee believes women should be in a perpetual state of pregnancy.

Tags: Crazy, Obama, Rights, VOTE, Women's

Views: 1718

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This country is anything but free anymore.

I loathe that creature Jan Brewer. I never understand the logic to anti-abortion, anti-Birth control, and anti-Welfare advocates. You don't want people to get access to birth control. When those people get pregnant, you don't want them to get an abortion. And when those same people can't afford the kids they were forced to have, you try to limit their access to welfare. It infuriates me when women are the one's trying to limit other women's reproductive rights.

SMH, a WOMAN setting all the gains we made so far back. These people get some 'power' and run amock with it.

It's craziness to me.  Where were the people in Arizona?  Did no one object? protest?  I found this and I live in NJ and it's already passed.  I dont even know if I still want to visit Arizona.  I dont want to support them ATALL!!

Here is another article http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/13/nation/la-na-arizona-aborti...

What I found interesting here: "Arizona legislators are also pursuing a bill to allow employers to refuse health insurance coverage of birth control for religious reasons."

So it really isn't about unborn babies being hurt, it's an insurance lobby to save them some money, they want to use this law to deny contraception coverage.

Tracy, I haven't heard aboutt this law. I live in AZ and I'm hearing it from you. It wasn't on the news or anything like  SB 1070
I have a friend who works at the senate and he didn't say a word as well. I'm going to see him today and ask how this s*** passed.
Tracy said:

It's craziness to me.  Where were the people in Arizona?  Did no one object? protest?  I found this and I live in NJ and it's already passed.  I dont even know if I still want to visit Arizona.  I dont want to support them ATALL!!

Well u already r pregnant 2weeks prior any way.... its starts when u have ur period... a lot of women don't know this n it caused hoes not to know who there baby daddy is... lol... u also ovulate 2weeks after ur period which in when u actually conceive

+1

Rad said:

I loathe that creature Jan Brewer. I never understand the logic to anti-abortion, anti-Birth control, and anti-Welfare advocates. You don't want people to get access to birth control. When those people get pregnant, you don't want them to get an abortion. And when those same people can't afford the kids they were forced to have, you try to limit their access to welfare. It infuriates me when women are the one's trying to limit other women's reproductive rights.

the damn government needs to stay the hell out of women's uterus' this s*** p***** me off

Was this even called for?

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I'll give a fugg about your opinion when you can get pregnant.

Tone said:

Nothing wrong with this law abortion should be illegal. 

CB, I saw this at http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/  and at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/az-abortion-bills-arizona-...

The Huffington Post article discusses 3 bills passed including these 2:

The other two bills passed by the House include the state's "wrongful birth, wrongful life" bill that prohibits lawsuits against doctors who do not provide information about a fetus' health if that information could lead to an abortion. In addition, parents cannot sue on the child's behalf after birth.

The third bill requires that schools teach students that adoption and birth are the most acceptable outcomes for an unwanted pregnancy.

What????? 

NO ONE is pregnant before conception... Conception occurs when the sperm meets the egg, not 2 weeks before when you're still trying to figure out if you're gonna let the nigga hit!!!!! 

Still Pretty Vahn said:
Well u already r pregnant 2weeks prior any way.... its starts when u have ur period... a lot of women don't know this n it caused hoes not to know who there baby daddy is... lol... u also ovulate 2weeks after ur period which in when u actually conceive

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Personal Trainer Certification

Started by Robin Smith in Talk Ish. Last reply by Miss P 51 minutes ago. 7 Replies

Hey ladies,So, I am about to graduate college and have just come into a decent amount of money (graduation gift). I have always been pursuing a career in entertainment but recently I have also…Continue

To call or not to call.?!?

Started by LoveMe in Talk Ish. Last reply by MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! 1 hour ago. 4 Replies

So I've been a lurker on this site for a while. Never post but really enjoy reading all the insights you all provide. Anyway I was approached by an athlete about 3 weeks ago. On my way out the club…Continue

Torrei Hart Bitter ?

Started by Skylas the limit in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 9 hours ago. 15 Replies

Eleven8 just did a article about this but here's a summery of her interview with sister2siter magTorrei Hart, ex-wife of Kevin Hart, held nothing back in a recent interview with Sister 2 Sister…Continue

Best Celebrity Sex Tape???

Started by SMSLove in Talk Ish. Last reply by SMSLove 10 hours ago. 7 Replies

Who has the best sex tape? Who would you like to see in one? Tommy and Pam still hold the title for me. I would love to see a Rihanna or Amber Rose sex tape....Continue

Tags: sextape

Latest Activity

Go_Getta10 commented on Eleven8's blog post Ex Leaks Nudes From Rich Dollaz Artist, Jhonni Blaze's, Sex Tape
"Lmao @ these comments"
36 minutes ago
Miss P replied to Robin Smith's discussion Personal Trainer Certification
"Congrats on finishing school! I'm planning on getting mine by June once my schedule slows…"
51 minutes ago
Go_Getta10 commented on Eleven8's blog post Did Dwight Howard Give His Boo Chandler Parsons A Ferrari?
"They are so cute together. They're like the Black and Decker of the NBA"
57 minutes ago
MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! replied to LoveMe's discussion To call or not to call.?!?
"Call him. Forget about the other guy.  It was a "respectable" relationship so you…"
1 hour ago
Tone © commented on Eleven8's blog post Ex Leaks Nudes From Rich Dollaz Artist, Jhonni Blaze's, Sex Tape
"@spice Nah but I know people that have. @eleven she don't charge that much from what I heard"
1 hour ago
MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! replied to Robin Smith's discussion Personal Trainer Certification
"Let me know how it goes.  As soon as this semester is over and I take my estate exam, I'm…"
1 hour ago
shun womack updated their profile
1 hour ago
AllyNWonderland commented on Eleven8's blog post Ex Leaks Nudes From Rich Dollaz Artist, Jhonni Blaze's, Sex Tape
"And clearly she knew about these.... I mean... It's in a hotel room and she's posing for…"
2 hours ago
AllyNWonderland commented on Eleven8's blog post Ex Leaks Nudes From Rich Dollaz Artist, Jhonni Blaze's, Sex Tape
"Lnaooooo Tone buying p****!!!! In TEARS"
2 hours ago
Eleven8 shared their blog post on Twitter
2 hours ago
AllyNWonderland replied to LoveMe's discussion To call or not to call.?!?
"Don't text!! Call him! Why? Because if you start texting, that's all you're gonna…"
2 hours ago
Eleven8 shared their blog post on Twitter
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video