‘Pregnancy Begins 2 Weeks Before Conception’ Now The Law In Arizona

In Arizona, women are now legally pregnant two weeks before conception, according to a new law, the Orwellianly-named, “Women’s Health and Safety Act,” signed yesterday by Republican Governor Jan Brewer. The scientifically, medically, ethically, and intellectually dishonest legislation is designed to reduce the amount of time a woman is allowed to have a legal abortion, and is one of the most draconian bills to become law in America.

The bill was sponsored by extremist Arizona State Rep. Kimberly Yee, (image) who last month penned an op-ed titled, “No drug test, no welfare.” Yee wrote:

States have an obligation to hold those on public assistance accountable for their actions. Receiving a public benefit is a privilege, not a right. The debate on drug testing welfare recipients is simply about the responsible use of tax dollars.

It’s unclear where in the U.S. constitution it states that the states “have an obligation to hold those on public assistance accountable for their actions.”

“Planned Parenthood of Arizona lobbyist Michelle Steinberg called the law the country’s ‘most extreme piece of anti-abortion legislation’.” the Tucson Citizen reported:

She said the law defines pregnancy in a way that bans abortion two weeks before the other seven states with similar laws, because it calculates gestational age starting with the first day of the last menstrual period rather than the date of conception.

During the hearings on the bill, doctors said many women don’t discover their fetus has a severe or life-threatening problem until an ultrasound at about the 20th week. The doctors — and several women who had faced this issue — testified that this law would arbitrarily cut off the right for these women to have an abortion.

“My heart goes out to the families that will be impacted,” Steinberg said. “Women are being forced to carry children that they know will end up dying within hours of birth.”

The bill signed into law Thursday makes other changes to abortion regulations, including the requirement of an ultrasound 24 hours before the procedure. The law becomes effective 90 days after the Legislature ends its session, which is likely to occur later this month.

Current law allows abortions up until the point of viability, when a fetus could reasonably survive on its own outside the womb. That’s considered by many medical experts and abortion clinics to be from 22 to 24 weeks. Current law also allows abortions beyond that to protect the “life or health of the woman” but doesn’t define health.

The Daily Beast adds:

The stipulation likely to be most widely felt is what experts are calling an effective shutdown of medication abortions. These nonsurgical abortions are usually performed within the first nine weeks of pregnancy, and account for between 17 and 20 percent of all abortions, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive-rights advocacy group. While women often take the pills at clinics and in their homes, the bill now mandates that a medical provider must have hospital privileges within 30 miles of where the procedure takes place. Many times clinics or homes are not within 30 miles of hospitals, and the distance prevents providers from other cities or even states from caring for women, says Elizabeth Nash of the Guttmacher Institute. Another factor that could contribute to what Nash called a “shutdown” of medication abortions is that the law requires abortion pills to be administered using outdated protocols, confusing providers and obscuring proper use of the drugs.

While it becomes the seventh state to pass such legislation in the past two years, many Arizonans believe theirs is the most restrictive and sinister because of the degree to which it will legislate health care, thwart evidence-based medicine, and shame women. One in three women will have an abortion before age 45 according to Guttmacher, and more than half of those women already have a child.

The law “disregards women’s health in a way I’ve never seen before,” said Center for Reproductive Rights’ state advocacy counsel, Jordan Goldberg. “The women of Arizona can’t access medical treatment that other women can.”

Other parts of the law includes education in public schools prioritizing birth and adoption, signs throughout health-care facilities warning against abortion “coercion,” and an order for the state health department to create and maintain a website touting alternatives to abortion and displaying images of fetuses. Also required is abortion counseling for women aiming to abort pregnancies due to fetal abnormalities, and if the abnormality is certain to be fatal, the counseling incorporates perinatal hospice information before ending the pregnancy. It reaffirms existing barriers to access, like the requirement of a notarized parental consent form for minors and a mandatory ultrasound screening within 24 hours of having an abortion.

State Rep. Kimberly Yee, the sponsor of the House bill, which passed Monday, said she acted with her constituents in mind, adding that many of them feel it “doesn’t go far enough.”

Apparently, Rep. Kimberly Yee believes women should be in a perpetual state of pregnancy.

Tags: Crazy, Obama, Rights, VOTE, Women's

Views: 1751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion


why different rules for men?
OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

If his ass refuses to wear a condom hell yeah!

Tone said:


should men have to responsble for kids that they don't want? Your body your baby your reponsblity right?
Siren said:

The only time your nose belongs in between a womans legs is if you are giving her oral pleasure OTHERWISE MIND YOURS B!

Tone said:

because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

I would NEVER have a child with a man who did not want to have a child with me.  I don't believe in trapping a man. What if both the man and woman don't want to have a baby would that make abortion right Tone?

Tone said:

why different rules for men?
OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

If his ass refuses to wear a condom hell yeah!
Tone said:

should men have to responsble for kids that they don't want? Your body your baby your reponsblity right?
Siren said:

The only time your nose belongs in between a womans legs is if you are giving her oral pleasure OTHERWISE MIND YOURS B!
Tone said:

because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

You are the epitome of stupid sometimes!!!! I swear!!! 

Tone said:

should men have to responsble for kids that they don't want? Your body your baby your reponsblity right?
Siren said:

The only time your nose belongs in between a womans legs is if you are giving her oral pleasure OTHERWISE MIND YOURS B!

Tone said:

because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

I get that but this is an unwanted life. Period. If a woman wants to terminate the pregnancy then that should be it. The reason we bring up men all the time is because the faces at the forefront of the battle to outlaw abortion are 90% men. These attacks on what we women do with our bodies are trying to drag us back to 1955 and hell no I ain't going.

It is stupid really because women have been having abortions for centuries. Roe v Wade just brought it out of the back rooms and witch doctors' huts. It will never stop. So those who have a problem with it might as well accept it as a necessary "evil" for lack of a better word. There is nothing evil about an abortion. It is what it is, termination of an unwanted pregnancy.

Tone said:


because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

I keep forgetting how simple you are. I should know better. sheesh

Tone said:


why different rules for men?
OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

If his ass refuses to wear a condom hell yeah!

Tone said:


should men have to responsble for kids that they don't want? Your body your baby your reponsblity right?
Siren said:

The only time your nose belongs in between a womans legs is if you are giving her oral pleasure OTHERWISE MIND YOURS B!

Tone said:

because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

Let's not go there because men will lie and then turn their back on their responsibility stay out of women's issues because you don't and clearly can't understand them.

Tone said:

should men have to responsble for kids that they don't want? Your body your baby your reponsblity right?
Siren said:

The only time your nose belongs in between a womans legs is if you are giving her oral pleasure OTHERWISE MIND YOURS B!
Tone said:

because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.


you're right
CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I get that but this is an unwanted life. Period. If a woman wants to terminate the pregnancy then that should be it. The reason we bring up men all the time is because the faces at the forefront of the battle to outlaw abortion are 90% men. These attacks on what we women do with our bodies are trying to drag us back to 1955 and hell no I ain't going.

It is stupid really because women have been having abortions for centuries. Roe v Wade just brought it out of the back rooms and witch doctors' huts. It will never stop. So those who have a problem with it might as well accept it as a necessary "evil" for lack of a better word. There is nothing evil about an abortion. It is what it is, termination of an unwanted pregnancy.

Tone said:


because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

*gasp*   */*

Tone said:


you're right
CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I get that but this is an unwanted life. Period. If a woman wants to terminate the pregnancy then that should be it. The reason we bring up men all the time is because the faces at the forefront of the battle to outlaw abortion are 90% men. These attacks on what we women do with our bodies are trying to drag us back to 1955 and hell no I ain't going.

It is stupid really because women have been having abortions for centuries. Roe v Wade just brought it out of the back rooms and witch doctors' huts. It will never stop. So those who have a problem with it might as well accept it as a necessary "evil" for lack of a better word. There is nothing evil about an abortion. It is what it is, termination of an unwanted pregnancy.

Tone said:


because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

LMAO..but yeah thanks for suming it up for her
 
Miss P said:

did she just say google it, as if google is the authority?! so if my calculations are correct, we are pregnant 12 times a year, whether we have intercourse or not...even though in order to become PREGNANT you have to have SEX so that the sperm can fertilize the egg. did your mom never sit you down and have the birds and the bees talk?? sweetheart, either you are delusional or you are talking about immaculate conception-which one is it?

I know...I'm still in shock too.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

*gasp*   */*

Tone said:


you're right
CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I get that but this is an unwanted life. Period. If a woman wants to terminate the pregnancy then that should be it. The reason we bring up men all the time is because the faces at the forefront of the battle to outlaw abortion are 90% men. These attacks on what we women do with our bodies are trying to drag us back to 1955 and hell no I ain't going.

It is stupid really because women have been having abortions for centuries. Roe v Wade just brought it out of the back rooms and witch doctors' huts. It will never stop. So those who have a problem with it might as well accept it as a necessary "evil" for lack of a better word. There is nothing evil about an abortion. It is what it is, termination of an unwanted pregnancy.

Tone said:


because some people see the fetus or embryo as a life. And if you get an abortion it is killing the life that is growing inside you that is the issue some people have with it. If the law said that females could not use birth control to prevent pregnancy then that would be an issue because you should have the right to decide if you are going to get pregnant or not. Why do you guys keep bringing up men like this is 1955 and you as a woman don't have any rights


CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

I just don't understand why the big fuss over whether a woman has an abortion or not. smh Why all this fuss to be all in someone else's body. Why don't men get all up in their own reproductive organs and leave our alone.

LMAO

Miss P said:

did she just say google it, as if google is the authority?! so if my calculations are correct, we are pregnant 12 times a year, whether we have intercourse or not...even though in order to become PREGNANT you have to have SEX so that the sperm can fertilize the egg. did your mom never sit you down and have the birds and the bees talk?? sweetheart, either you are delusional or you are talking about immaculate conception-which one is it?

Well said! A lot of people don't understand that.

Miss Good said:

You are not pregnant until the sperm meets the egg. Im sorry but there was only one Mary and Joseph. And as far as the "abortion should be illegal" people who think like that 9/10 will never have to make the decision of having an abortion. Just like 2pac said "and since we cant have one we have no right to tell a woman when and where to create one" becoming a mother is the hardest job period and at the end of the day, once a woman bears a child, she is the ONLY one responsible for it. This law is stupid women should have their choice

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Ballerific Events

Connect


BallerBoards

40 Year Old Woman Marries Herself

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Empowered Woman aka $picey 4 hours ago. 9 Replies

Yasmin Eleby recently married herself…Continue

Looking for weekend turn up friends in cities i'll be visiting!!!! NYC Montreal Vegas Houston Miami

Started by CrownRoyal in Talk Ish. Last reply by Shane 7 hours ago. 4 Replies

Hey Ladies,I am doing lots of traveling this year and it would be nice to have connects in the cities I'm visiting.I'm 26, love to party, eat good and have  good ratchet fun! I'm not shy when it…Continue

Super Bowl XLIX

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tiffany Divine 9 hours ago. 5 Replies

If you didn't already know The Super Bowl in 2015 will be hosted in Tempe Arizona and if you haven't already visited the website you definitely should! This is your opportunity to sign up to be on…Continue

Coming to ATL

Started by imani in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tiffany Divine 9 hours ago. 2 Replies

hey loves i will be in atl on january 22, 2015 - 25th im looking to meet up with my baller boos and hangout if your interested let me know! I am trying to turn up!Continue

Latest Activity

Kalil Kleo commented on Eleven8's blog post Browns Josh Gordon Suspended....AGAIN! Tests Positive For Alcohol After DWI Arrest
"Where my belt at dammit??"
3 hours ago
Tandy commented on imani's group BA GIRLS IN MIAMI
"Hey I'm in Miami. I'll be heading to NY on Feb 12. When are you going?"
3 hours ago
Empowered Woman aka $picey replied to RubyWoo's discussion 40 Year Old Woman Marries Herself
" "
4 hours ago
Empowered Woman aka $picey replied to RubyWoo's discussion 40 Year Old Woman Marries Herself
"This made be BOL "
4 hours ago
Empowered Woman aka $picey commented on Christina Thomas's blog post The Lost Art of Conversation By Christina Thomas (@rebelledbydesign)
"I enjoyed reading this. Can you elaborate on the conversation you had"
4 hours ago
Empowered Woman aka $picey liked Christina Thomas's blog post The Lost Art of Conversation By Christina Thomas (@rebelledbydesign)
4 hours ago
Eleven8's 2 blog posts were featured
6 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
6 hours ago
Kelsey Ceara Woods posted a blog post
7 hours ago
Kelsey Ceara Woods's blog post was featured
7 hours ago
Shane replied to CrownRoyal's discussion Looking for weekend turn up friends in cities i'll be visiting!!!! NYC Montreal Vegas Houston Miami
"I'm in nyc would like to meet new ppl lets connect !"
7 hours ago
Tiffany Divine replied to AllyNWonderland's discussion Super Bowl XLIX
"I'll be in Phoenix Ally wish I had read this post earlier because it is probably too late to…"
9 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video