Well, Im suppose to start this server position at this club soon.  It's just a club, mostly local ballers, so its not an exclusive type club.  The pay is the average waitress min. wage, plus tips.  My sister told me that I won't make any money because ppl don't tip in the club.  I think I should do decent,  I always tip when I go out so I think most ppl do. Just trying to do a little poll and figure out how many ppl actually tip when they go out..we're talking servers, not bartenders.  If you're doing this, how do you get the most tips from guys AND girls or what makes you tip a server??  Any other tips will be greatly appreciated too.

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes ma'am! I tip just for the fact that most of them are very patient and courteous 
Hell yeah, I tip all the time, and well too. Not just the change left over (as many people do). My dad taught me about tipping when I was like 7, really broke down the ins and outs and explained how important it is. He would have me and my sibs rate our service when we'd go to hotels and restaurants and determine the tip based on that, explaining what we liked or disliked to justify the amount. It may sound snobby, but I do judge men based on how they tip when we're on dates.

Ditto. Guys will tip if you are cute but 2nd, 3rd, 4th..... tips are based on the drinks for me. Good Luck. Waitresses do make good tips though.   

Brii said:

Yes ma'am! I tip just for the fact that most of them are very patient and courteous 

i tip,and I started tipping when I became a cocktail server. If the server is attentive and comes around regularly and I don't have to look around for them is a good thing to remember. There is a stereotype that BLACK PEOPLE dont tip. I've heard plenty white servers complain of no tips, but black people are NOTORIOUS for not tipping. That's why I'm looking for a server position in a white neighborhood, but Chicago is so segregated, I'm nothaving any luck. I dont know if I wasnt called back because I'm black, or because they felt I didnt have enough experience or maybe they just interviewed someone that was a better fit. So, now I'm going to try some black establishments, maybe I'll have better luck But I dont want to go in there with an attitude of "man, these nigga aint gon tip, I aint gon make NO money!" That could be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

 

My friend worked at a black club and she made about $100-$200, but she only worked one night a week. i think Wednesday night. So, I"m sure on a busier night, she could have made more

I always tip and the more I drink the more I tip.

Once you start Im gonna have to come down your way!  I wanna meet some of these local ballers LOL

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 

Chanel u broke it down girl! lol. I'll just add my little 2 pennies (no pun lol). I waited tables all thru colllege, and unfortunately from what I saw, black people don't tip, or they leave what I call the "famous five"- you could have given them the greatest service, along with their extra french/ranch dressing, extra bread, and other "free" ish (which really I should be charging for), and they will still find a reason to complain and or leave five freakin dollars da fuck o_O lol...Also, as aforementioned for some reason Black women seem to have attitudes when they are with their men, I used to think b**** if I really wanted his ass, I could take him, but I learned to just pay more attention to her and just get my $$$ and be done. When I began to work at Hooters as a waitress and eventually a bartender the $$$ came a lot easily b/c you know guys are visual, and well... yea :)

With my friends, I have come to realize that I have certain friends I cannot take out, because they leave that infamous five, or even less than that, and I always find myself adding more. But juon the contrary, lemme add that not all Black ppl tip badly, it comes from all races, just us a little more...

 

A downfall that I have realized from working in the industry is that I am so critical of my service when I go somewhere. I expect to be greeted a certain way, smiled at, an informed server, etc... And I will be quick to leave a bs tip and tell the person I used to be a server and write out "tips" on how to do their job in a second! Just make sure you are personable when going to your tables, and friendly, treat em all nice cause you never know what kind of tip they may leave you! Good luck

5 dollars, thats a good tip (according to my ppl), they will leave $2 and be like thats good. I tell them that ain't good, you should tip at least 15%,  I always do about 20%, and I find myself leaving more to compensate for other ppl.   Thanks for the tips!!!

 
AlterEgo said:

Chanel u broke it down girl! lol. I'll just add my little 2 pennies (no pun lol). I waited tables all thru colllege, and unfortunately from what I saw, black people don't tip, or they leave what I call the "famous five"- you could have given them the greatest service, along with their extra french/ranch dressing, extra bread, and other "free" ish (which really I should be charging for), and they will still find a reason to complain and or leave five freakin dollars da fuck o_O lol...Also, as aforementioned for some reason Black women seem to have attitudes when they are with their men, I used to think b**** if I really wanted his ass, I could take him, but I learned to just pay more attention to her and just get my $$$ and be done. When I began to work at Hooters as a waitress and eventually a bartender the $$$ came a lot easily b/c you know guys are visual, and well... yea :)

With my friends, I have come to realize that I have certain friends I cannot take out, because they leave that infamous five, or even less than that, and I always find myself adding more. But juon the contrary, lemme add that not all Black ppl tip badly, it comes from all races, just us a little more...

 

A downfall that I have realized from working in the industry is that I am so critical of my service when I go somewhere. I expect to be greeted a certain way, smiled at, an informed server, etc... And I will be quick to leave a bs tip and tell the person I used to be a server and write out "tips" on how to do their job in a second! Just make sure you are personable when going to your tables, and friendly, treat em all nice cause you never know what kind of tip they may leave you! Good luck

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

 
Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 

Depends on how good the service is.

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

 
Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 


 In most cases you are required to tip the bartender a percentage of your overall gross sells or tips, maybe 5%-10%. so if I owed the bartender $30 i would give them $40-$50 depending on how well my night went. When I started working in the vip lounge in was just me and the bartender so I would give her and extra hundred if she didnt do to well and she would look out when my night was rough. On avg I tipped out 15- 30% of what I made in tips. And you tip out at the end of the night. Also let them know nicely that you are giving extra.

Some servers complain about having to tip other staff members out, they feel as though they did all the work so they shouldnt have to share. 


 MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

 
Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 

i tip everytime, 20-25%. my mother on the other hand is why people apparently hate to have black people seated in their section.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Ballerific Events

Connect


BallerBoards

Looking for weekend turn up friends in cities i'll be visiting!!!! NYC Montreal Vegas Houston Miami

Started by CrownRoyal in Talk Ish. Last reply by 2Body 51 minutes ago. 7 Replies

Hey Ladies,I am doing lots of traveling this year and it would be nice to have connects in the cities I'm visiting.I'm 26, love to party, eat good and have  good ratchet fun! I'm not shy when it…Continue

Mardi Gras

Started by V in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 2 hours ago. 6 Replies

Is anyone going??? My travel buddy just bailed on me and I'm miffed. I would like to link up with other fun people if possible. Flying out of Atl on Mon night so I am settled by Fat Tuesday on Feb…Continue

New Couple Alert: Keke Palmer & August Alsina

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Beautiful Brownie 6 hours ago. 8 Replies

Yesterday Keke Palmer posted a…Continue

Amber Rose and Nick Cannon Get Matching His and Hers Ferraris

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by SoLuscious 9 hours ago. 3 Replies

Hmm matching cars...But not so…Continue

Latest Activity

2Body replied to CrownRoyal's discussion Looking for weekend turn up friends in cities i'll be visiting!!!! NYC Montreal Vegas Houston Miami
"I'm in nyc ! Definitely down"
51 minutes ago
2Body is now friends with Tiffany Divine and HourGlass_Barbie
54 minutes ago
BadgalCi liked Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's What They Wore: Kris Jenner Wearing Chanel Tweed Coat, Mesh Joggers, and Stuart Weitzman Nudist Sandal For Chanel Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2015 Fashion Show
59 minutes ago
AllyNWonderland commented on laurenstarr's blog post 2015 Super Bowl Media Day Shenanigans (VIDEO)
"Marshawn is so Damn fine and sexy to me!!! LAWD!! That smile"
1 hour ago
Jibon mum posted a status
"Djokovic vs Raonic Live Stream (http://www.reddit.com/r/djorao/comments/2tx4ko/)"
2 hours ago
Peachkyss liked Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's What They Wore: Kris Jenner Wearing Chanel Tweed Coat, Mesh Joggers, and Stuart Weitzman Nudist Sandal For Chanel Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2015 Fashion Show
2 hours ago
Peachkyss liked Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's What They Wore: Kris Jenner Wearing Chanel Tweed Coat, Mesh Joggers, and Stuart Weitzman Nudist Sandal For Chanel Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2015 Fashion Show
2 hours ago
Asimplebijou and Sean are now friends
2 hours ago
V replied to V's discussion Mardi Gras
"As usual,  the person who was supposed to get the room was the 1st one to run out of funds.…"
2 hours ago
V replied to V's discussion Mardi Gras
"I'll be there from Feb 15-18, maybe the 19th "
2 hours ago
MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! replied to V's discussion Mardi Gras
"@ V are you still going?  Did yall already have a room booked?"
3 hours ago
Selena commented on laurenstarr's blog post 2015 Super Bowl Media Day Shenanigans (VIDEO)
"Marshaun...lmbo. I am going to have a blast at these events this weekend."
3 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video