Well, Im suppose to start this server position at this club soon.  It's just a club, mostly local ballers, so its not an exclusive type club.  The pay is the average waitress min. wage, plus tips.  My sister told me that I won't make any money because ppl don't tip in the club.  I think I should do decent,  I always tip when I go out so I think most ppl do. Just trying to do a little poll and figure out how many ppl actually tip when they go out..we're talking servers, not bartenders.  If you're doing this, how do you get the most tips from guys AND girls or what makes you tip a server??  Any other tips will be greatly appreciated too.

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes ma'am! I tip just for the fact that most of them are very patient and courteous 
Hell yeah, I tip all the time, and well too. Not just the change left over (as many people do). My dad taught me about tipping when I was like 7, really broke down the ins and outs and explained how important it is. He would have me and my sibs rate our service when we'd go to hotels and restaurants and determine the tip based on that, explaining what we liked or disliked to justify the amount. It may sound snobby, but I do judge men based on how they tip when we're on dates.

Ditto. Guys will tip if you are cute but 2nd, 3rd, 4th..... tips are based on the drinks for me. Good Luck. Waitresses do make good tips though.   

Brii said:

Yes ma'am! I tip just for the fact that most of them are very patient and courteous 

i tip,and I started tipping when I became a cocktail server. If the server is attentive and comes around regularly and I don't have to look around for them is a good thing to remember. There is a stereotype that BLACK PEOPLE dont tip. I've heard plenty white servers complain of no tips, but black people are NOTORIOUS for not tipping. That's why I'm looking for a server position in a white neighborhood, but Chicago is so segregated, I'm nothaving any luck. I dont know if I wasnt called back because I'm black, or because they felt I didnt have enough experience or maybe they just interviewed someone that was a better fit. So, now I'm going to try some black establishments, maybe I'll have better luck But I dont want to go in there with an attitude of "man, these nigga aint gon tip, I aint gon make NO money!" That could be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

 

My friend worked at a black club and she made about $100-$200, but she only worked one night a week. i think Wednesday night. So, I"m sure on a busier night, she could have made more

I always tip and the more I drink the more I tip.

Once you start Im gonna have to come down your way!  I wanna meet some of these local ballers LOL

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 

Chanel u broke it down girl! lol. I'll just add my little 2 pennies (no pun lol). I waited tables all thru colllege, and unfortunately from what I saw, black people don't tip, or they leave what I call the "famous five"- you could have given them the greatest service, along with their extra french/ranch dressing, extra bread, and other "free" ish (which really I should be charging for), and they will still find a reason to complain and or leave five freakin dollars da fuck o_O lol...Also, as aforementioned for some reason Black women seem to have attitudes when they are with their men, I used to think b**** if I really wanted his ass, I could take him, but I learned to just pay more attention to her and just get my $$$ and be done. When I began to work at Hooters as a waitress and eventually a bartender the $$$ came a lot easily b/c you know guys are visual, and well... yea :)

With my friends, I have come to realize that I have certain friends I cannot take out, because they leave that infamous five, or even less than that, and I always find myself adding more. But juon the contrary, lemme add that not all Black ppl tip badly, it comes from all races, just us a little more...

 

A downfall that I have realized from working in the industry is that I am so critical of my service when I go somewhere. I expect to be greeted a certain way, smiled at, an informed server, etc... And I will be quick to leave a bs tip and tell the person I used to be a server and write out "tips" on how to do their job in a second! Just make sure you are personable when going to your tables, and friendly, treat em all nice cause you never know what kind of tip they may leave you! Good luck

5 dollars, thats a good tip (according to my ppl), they will leave $2 and be like thats good. I tell them that ain't good, you should tip at least 15%,  I always do about 20%, and I find myself leaving more to compensate for other ppl.   Thanks for the tips!!!

 
AlterEgo said:

Chanel u broke it down girl! lol. I'll just add my little 2 pennies (no pun lol). I waited tables all thru colllege, and unfortunately from what I saw, black people don't tip, or they leave what I call the "famous five"- you could have given them the greatest service, along with their extra french/ranch dressing, extra bread, and other "free" ish (which really I should be charging for), and they will still find a reason to complain and or leave five freakin dollars da fuck o_O lol...Also, as aforementioned for some reason Black women seem to have attitudes when they are with their men, I used to think b**** if I really wanted his ass, I could take him, but I learned to just pay more attention to her and just get my $$$ and be done. When I began to work at Hooters as a waitress and eventually a bartender the $$$ came a lot easily b/c you know guys are visual, and well... yea :)

With my friends, I have come to realize that I have certain friends I cannot take out, because they leave that infamous five, or even less than that, and I always find myself adding more. But juon the contrary, lemme add that not all Black ppl tip badly, it comes from all races, just us a little more...

 

A downfall that I have realized from working in the industry is that I am so critical of my service when I go somewhere. I expect to be greeted a certain way, smiled at, an informed server, etc... And I will be quick to leave a bs tip and tell the person I used to be a server and write out "tips" on how to do their job in a second! Just make sure you are personable when going to your tables, and friendly, treat em all nice cause you never know what kind of tip they may leave you! Good luck

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

 
Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 

Depends on how good the service is.

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

 
Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 


 In most cases you are required to tip the bartender a percentage of your overall gross sells or tips, maybe 5%-10%. so if I owed the bartender $30 i would give them $40-$50 depending on how well my night went. When I started working in the vip lounge in was just me and the bartender so I would give her and extra hundred if she didnt do to well and she would look out when my night was rough. On avg I tipped out 15- 30% of what I made in tips. And you tip out at the end of the night. Also let them know nicely that you are giving extra.

Some servers complain about having to tip other staff members out, they feel as though they did all the work so they shouldnt have to share. 


 MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

 
Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

 

 

i tip everytime, 20-25%. my mother on the other hand is why people apparently hate to have black people seated in their section.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

Religion vs. Relationships

Started by Breezy in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tone © 13 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Last night, I had an interesting…Continue

Ballerific Comment Creepin - Orlando Scandrick Caught Flirting with Same Girl

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by SMSLove 46 minutes ago. 2 Replies

A few weeks ago, we posted a…Continue

BAPS!!!! Are you watching?!?!

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Baller Alert 51 minutes ago. 17 Replies

It's a new reality show on lifetime, black men and women. Same drama just sophisticated drama.

Latest Activity

Peachkyss posted blog posts
7 minutes ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
7 minutes ago
Eleven8's 5 blog posts were featured
9 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
9 minutes ago
BerryHilary commented on Eleven8's blog post Apollo Nida Says He & Phaedra May Be Headed For Divorce (Video)
"Last 3 weeks i was in need of getting my boyfriend back so a friend recommended me to contact this…"
12 minutes ago
Tone © replied to Breezy's discussion Religion vs. Relationships
"I don't understand this way of thinking. Don't your ideas of what god is come from a…"
13 minutes ago
CocoBey commented on Eleven8's blog post Zoe Saldana Pregnant With First Child
"Lol! @Tone SMH"
20 minutes ago
CocoBey liked Chantel Ciera's blog post Ballerific Health: Secrets of the Vagina By Chantel Ciera @chann_.
22 minutes ago
SMSLove replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - K. Michelle Deals with Baby Mama Drama
"Messy azz BM. Don’t worry about who he smashing, he’ll be caught up on child support…"
41 minutes ago
SMSLove replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Orlando Scandrick Caught Flirting with Same Girl
"Are they still together, or just roommates at this point? Doesn’t Draya stalk her man? He…"
46 minutes ago
SMSLove liked RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Orlando Scandrick Caught Flirting with Same Girl
50 minutes ago
Baller Alert replied to AllyNWonderland's discussion BAPS!!!! Are you watching?!?!
"I haven't even heard of this... "
51 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video