Well, Im suppose to start this server position at this club soon.  It's just a club, mostly local ballers, so its not an exclusive type club.  The pay is the average waitress min. wage, plus tips.  My sister told me that I won't make any money because ppl don't tip in the club.  I think I should do decent,  I always tip when I go out so I think most ppl do. Just trying to do a little poll and figure out how many ppl actually tip when they go out..we're talking servers, not bartenders.  If you're doing this, how do you get the most tips from guys AND girls or what makes you tip a server??  Any other tips will be greatly appreciated too.

Views: 480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you say ballers come there then you are lucky but then again it depends on what club you go to....Cause when I use to party with my NFL boo we were always VIP with Bottle Service and then the gratuity was automatically added so think someone spending 5k-10k on drinks....When we went to this one particular club he would let only one waitress work our section so you need to get in with the ballers so they want no one else but you.Dance around with them make sure everyone is having a good time.Sometimes I think I wanna be a waitress then I think about how jealous chicks can be and I say nevermind

I start at 20% the minute I walk through the door and it will either increase or decline depending on the service. I never tip less than 15% even if the service is lousy. Just know that if the service is lousy I'll be talking to the manager and headquarters. I work too hard for my money to have someone mess over it.

Why doesnt your mom tip?

lady in red said:

i tip everytime, 20-25%. my mother on the other hand is why people apparently hate to have black people seated in their section.

I use to be a busboy as a teen and you do all the work and the bum ass waitress would take all the money

Chanel said:

In most cases you are required to tip the bartender a percentage of your overall gross sells or tips, maybe 5%-10%. so if I owed the bartender $30 i would give them $40-$50 depending on how well my night went. When I started working in the vip lounge in was just me and the bartender so I would give her and extra hundred if she didnt do to well and she would look out when my night was rough. On avg I tipped out 15- 30% of what I made in tips. And you tip out at the end of the night. Also let them know nicely that you are giving extra.

Some servers complain about having to tip other staff members out, they feel as though they did all the work so they shouldnt have to share. 

MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! said:

Great Tip, I will definitely be trying all of this. I never thought about tipping the bartender, so should I do it at the end of the night or a few dollars here and there?  IM soo ready, I've never served anything so this is going to be interesting.

Chanel said:

I always tip 20% as a base and I increase it based on how well the service is

Also I worked as a server, cocktail server, and bartender while in college and I will say that:

I luv my people but I would stay away from blk establishments. if your cute, women will hate if they are with their men and moniter how much he tips you, also blk folks are very demanding especially if they think they are spending $$$.

To make better tips you should always go above and beyond for your guests

If their food or drink order is going to take long to arrive, just keep your guest informed so that they dont get pissed off. Always act concerned

If your working at a club make sure you take care of the other staff, tipping the maitre d, and the bartender extra can help you because:

*If a guest at the bar decides to get a table, she will seat them with you because she knows you will hook her up, also your drinks will come out faster which mean happy customers and more $$$ for you

*If someone is spending money and places order with the maitre d, they will usually pick the best or their favorite waitress to serve that guest, make sure you are that girl

Alot of guys dont tip on bottles service in clubs, some really dont know better

And never ever judge a customer, a great tipper comes in all colors shapes and forms

I worked at a club that was open 7 days a week and my best $$$ nights were monday and thursday, the weeknight are when the real ballers come out. Fri and Sat are for the stunters and avg folks

If you have any questions about anything let me know

Yes i tip very well! I even leave a tip when order carry out.
Agreed on the carry out...I start @ 20 and it can go up, if service sucks you'll only get the bare minimum... My mom always said if you can't afford to eat, you should've just ate at home...

SACK CHASER said:
Yes i tip very well! I even leave a tip when order carry out.

Yes, I always tip.  20% is the base, higher or lower depends on actual service received.

I also watch how my date(s) tip or not.

when I have a table with a couple, I show the girl the same, if not more attention.

But bottle service. The grat needs to be automatic 20%.

otherwise it's not fair for you to tip out at the end of the night that amount of sales. You might as well not even f***** sell the bottle. 

I know you're just talking about servers but there's really no money in club waitressing unless you are at an exclusive type club and you're a bottle service waitress. Most people are on their feet and moving around at clubs, so instead of staying in one spot and waiting for a waitress they just go up to the bar when they please. I've worked in the service industry 3 years while going to school and when I first started I found out that when you're serving, you tend to make more money in an atmosphere that you can develop relationships and engage in conversations with your customers. I moved up to bartending quickly and made so much more money because it's higher volume, higher sales, and you don't have to tip out anyone at the end of the night. I think serving is a great start and definitely recommend learning to bartend and eventually switching to that when you're comfortable. Good luck! :)

I was able to make more money as a cocktail waitress because if the bartenders are bombarded with people screaming at them for drinks, I was able to walk up to the person that I saw standing there wanting to get the bartender's attention but couldn't.   Or if the bar was so crowded, some people cant get to the bartender.

It just depends. This one guy told me he was a barback at this one popular place, and when the cocktail server gave him his tip out, she gave him $100. I think you give the barback 10%. So if his 10% was $100 than she made about a G.

MissMidwest said:

I know you're just talking about servers but there's really no money in club waitressing unless you are at an exclusive type club and you're a bottle service waitress. Most people are on their feet and moving around at clubs, so instead of staying in one spot and waiting for a waitress they just go up to the bar when they please. I've worked in the service industry 3 years while going to school and when I first started I found out that when you're serving, you tend to make more money in an atmosphere that you can develop relationships and engage in conversations with your customers. I moved up to bartending quickly and made so much more money because it's higher volume, higher sales, and you don't have to tip out anyone at the end of the night. I think serving is a great start and definitely recommend learning to bartend and eventually switching to that when you're comfortable. Good luck! :)
You are definitely right @Honeycoated and it really does depend on the place. Lol when I cocktailed I did the same s*** you did and hustled like hell to get to all the people the bartender's couldn't. In the big, exclusive clubs-especially in Vegas, Miami, New York, etc-the cocktail waitresses make the biggest bank. Sadly there's no places like that around me or else I would cocktail!

Honeycoated said:

I was able to make more money as a cocktail waitress because if the bartenders are bombarded with people screaming at them for drinks, I was able to walk up to the person that I saw standing there wanting to get the bartender's attention but couldn't.   Or if the bar was so crowded, some people cant get to the bartender.

It just depends. This one guy told me he was a barback at this one popular place, and when the cocktail server gave him his tip out, she gave him $100. I think you give the barback 10%. So if his 10% was $100 than she made about a G.

MissMidwest said:

the owner says it's basically a hustle.  I havent been to the club in a while so Im not sure what its like now. It used to be the most upscale (lol) place we had, but for the grown ppl.  I think the age is still 21, but the crowd has gotten younger and im thinking younger ppl don't seem to tip. I don't NEED-NEED the money, but I need it.  I figure if I could make a min of an extra 1k a month working weekends, Im fine with that and I don't think I could make more than that  at any other job, besides, I can see and meet those who actually spending money since I don't go out a lot.  I figured its a win-win situation, but I'll see in a few weeks.

The club has a lot of non - Vip seats, tables, and bar tables (I think thats what theyre called) so hopefully ppl will chill at their table and wait for there drinks to come, because the bar is usually so busy. Thank Yall for the tips, they were great and Im definitely going to use them.

MissMidwest said:

You are definitely right @Honeycoated and it really does depend on the place. Lol when I cocktailed I did the same s*** you did and hustled like hell to get to all the people the bartender's couldn't. In the big, exclusive clubs-especially in Vegas, Miami, New York, etc-the cocktail waitresses make the biggest bank. Sadly there's no places like that around me or else I would cocktail!

Honeycoated said:

MissMidwest said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

Latest Activity

Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion New Slang? Young Thug Calls Rich Homie Quan His Hubbie
" I can't with this new generation.  Especially this guy...he needs to just come out…"
3 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Twitter
3 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Twitter
3 hours ago
RubyWoo posted discussions
7 hours ago
McKenna Hylton commented on Brianna Winbush's blog post Love and Hip Hop ATL Reunion Recap --By: @BriannaWinbush
"@Smitty Idk, I remember Erica saying Joseline hit her like a man. If I remember correctly after the…"
7 hours ago
University of Smitty commented on Brianna Winbush's blog post Love and Hip Hop ATL Reunion Recap --By: @BriannaWinbush
"Erica must have beaten the brakes off Jose because these chicks go out of their way to avoid a…"
8 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Woman Says Lil Wayne Fathered Her Child
"He looks a hot azz mess w clothes on...yuck."
10 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Baller Alert Exclusive - Karrueche Blindsided By Blue Ivy Joke At The Last Minute
"@living add 10 more years to that bc bet has been shady for a very long time. Ugh they're so…"
10 hours ago
Tone © replied to Baller Alert's discussion A Man Scorned - #cinnamonapple (Full Video)
"Crazy"
11 hours ago
Baller Alert shared their discussion on Twitter
12 hours ago
Baller Alert posted a discussion
12 hours ago
Shell Yisrael commented on Eleven8's blog post Baller Alert Exclusive - Karrueche Blindsided By Blue Ivy Joke At The Last Minute
"Sad that a "Black" network which is owned by white people would choose to make fun of a…"
13 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video