Social Media Reacts to Harvey Weinstein Getting 2020 Rape Conviction Overturned
( DON EMMERT/AFP/Getty Images)

News of Harvey Weinstein having his 2020 rape conviction overturned has sent social media into a frenzy.

If you didn’t know, Weinstein, a powerful Hollywood producer, was convicted of rape and sexual assault in 2020 following numerous accusations of sexual misconduct.

His conviction served as a major milestone in the #MeToo movement, dedicated to shedding light on and combatting sexual harassment and assault, particularly within professional environments.

The conviction was overturned due to the trial court’s error in admitting testimony about unrelated past sexual acts and unfairly questioning the defendant about them, despite him having no prior criminal history.

Now, users on social media are grappling with how someone like Weinstein could have his conviction overturned, while others find the news sadly predictable.

About Iesha

Hi All, my name is I’esha and I’ve been a writer for baller alert for 1 year and 2 months. I’m also a student and entrepreneur .

Check Also

Harvey Weinstein’s New York Rape Conviction Overturned, New Trial Ordered

Harvey Weinstein, the former movie mogul, has seen his New York rape conviction overturned following …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading