When James(lebron) was asked why he refers to Brinson as his wife, he said: “Same difference: wife, girlfriend. When she’s living with you, she’s your wife. When she isn’t living with her mother anymore, she’s your wife.”

Thoughts?

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FYI- All states do not honor common law nor does common law give her definate entitlement to anything. All this means is that the court will still have to decide what THEY FEEL she deserves.

These type of laws leave so much room for people to contest that it could have everything tied up for years.

Even then it comes down to who has the best attorneys($$$$$$$) and who can get by without the money the longest. Cause after 5 years of fighting and being broke, some then settle for anything which is what the person with the long pockets was hoping for. And let's be real, everything that happens in court is not fair and Judges like anybody else can be bought ....so it's like playing russian roulette with their future in my eyes.

Because then she'll be trying to justify what standing by his side is worth and they will be the ones placing the value as oppossed to what he felt like she deserves,

Then that will only apply if he's dead. What happens if he's in a vegative state and not dead? His family will have control over everything down to his bank accounts because being WIFEY does not count when you show up at the bank....HELLO.

LEAVES WAY TO MUCH ROOM FOR BS basically>

Thanks for the love but yes it was the fight of my life and proves that nothing is promised and to have ya s*** in order. One day i just got back from a week in Hawaii. The 1st day back, went to work, got off and by 6pm, I was ran over by a truck (by 6:15) and in a coma for 7weeks. Medically induced coma for another 6 weeks and in Intensive Care for almost a year. YOU NEVER KNOW!
@Damnstraight I hear you. We don't know what they've arranged. What I am saying is that even with something legal in place between the two of them someone could still contest it if the unthinkable should happen. Whereas if they were married she would have access to everything in the event that someone did contest it. Its a lot easier to fight from inside the money fortress as opposed to outside the money fortress. JMHO

Damnstraight said:
I see you just like drama around these parts...She doesn't have to educate me on anything...Because every last person on here is making assumptions about someone else's relationship. I don't think any of us sleep in bed with Lebron and Savannah..they just may already be married anyway.

Yes it's ideal to get married before kids, that's something I want for myself...And from what I'm reading, most of your arguments are primarily based off of financial reasons...Which brings me back to what I said before, do we know if they do or don't have a financial agreement already in place? Lebron James is a worldknown figure and stands to become a billionaire...I wouldn't compare him or his life to anyone lesser...

AB said:
EXACTLY, but you are wasting your time trying to educate SOME of these women.

Eve Davis said:
Unfortunately, in the eyes of the law she is nothing to him. If he, God forbid, were to become incapacitated and needed someone to carry out his business in the interim that would fall to his immediate family such as mother or father. She and her children could be tossed out of his home with nothing. She could sue the estate of course but if she has no income of her own what type of lawyer will she be able to afford? He is a young man and I am betting he hasn't even thought of drawing up a will to make sure she and the children are looked after in the event of his untimely death or incapacitation. Yeah, she stands to loose everything and he has gained everything without making it legal. smh

Damnstraight said:
Lebron ain't going nowhere...And it doesn't seem like Savannah is complaining...If she's happy, I'm happy for her...She's not struggling living check to check and her boys will always be taken care of...And I thought they were engaged? Whatever the case, their status doesn't bother me because they both seem happy with eachother...He tends to have her along at most of his parties and outtings and always vacationing with her...He's always acknowledging her and from what I can tell, he treats her like she is his wife...
#1 she has been there since before he signed ANY contract... so truth be told, she has hundreds of millions of legs to stand on...

It does not matter if she was with him before he became rich, the fact of the matter is she as the gf/babymama has no legal claims to his estate, only a wife has that. The children yes, she NO, unless there is some kind of arrangement.

#2 PALIMONY!!!!! She does not work (to our knowledge) so therefore if he ever decides to let her go, he will pay to keep her in the lifestyle in which she is accustomed...

Most states Don't recognize palimony. I don't know if Ohio is one of those states that does, and I'm pretty sure you don't know either.

#3 Common Law may no longer be legal in Ohio, but he has gone on record calling her his wife...

I don't know what the law is in Ohio.
We really and truly have no idea of what their plans are... But I do know that if they aren't ready (him, her, both) then there is really no point in jumping the broom...
You are right we have NO idea what their plans are, just like you don't KNOW what they are ready for, all you can do is comment like the rest of us and make assumptions.


JustMe said:
I seriously doubt Savannah will be left high and dry... we make the assumption that because he is young he has not provided for her & his children...

#1 she has been there since before he signed ANY contract... so truth be told, she has hundreds of millions of legs to stand on...

#2 PALIMONY!!!!! She does not work (to our knowledge) so therefore if he ever decides to let her go, he will pay to keep her in the lifestyle in which she is accustomed...

#3 Common Law may no longer be legal in Ohio, but he has gone on record calling her his wife...

We really and truly have no idea of what their plans are... But I do know that if they aren't ready (him, her, both) then there is really no point in jumping the broom...
Yes, everything you're saying is definitely true...I'm just saying things aren't always what they seem...I believe Lebron is smarter than most realize...
Oh, i don't see him marrying her @ all! She should have got the ring before the babies!
There you go being all sensitive again. If you think you are the "Some women" than that is on you, Girl bye.

Damnstraight said:
I see you just like drama around these parts...She doesn't have to educate me on anything...Because every last person on here is making assumptions about someone else's relationship. I don't think any of us sleep in bed with Lebron and Savannah..they just may already be married anyway.

Yes it's ideal to get married before kids, that's something I want for myself...And from what I'm reading, most of your arguments are primarily based off of financial reasons...Which brings me back to what I said before, do we know if they do or don't have a financial agreement already in place? Lebron James is a worldknown figure and stands to become a billionaire...I wouldn't compare him or his life to anyone lesser...

AB said:
EXACTLY, but you are wasting your time trying to educate SOME of these women.

Eve Davis said:
Unfortunately, in the eyes of the law she is nothing to him. If he, God forbid, were to become incapacitated and needed someone to carry out his business in the interim that would fall to his immediate family such as mother or father. She and her children could be tossed out of his home with nothing. She could sue the estate of course but if she has no income of her own what type of lawyer will she be able to afford? He is a young man and I am betting he hasn't even thought of drawing up a will to make sure she and the children are looked after in the event of his untimely death or incapacitation. Yeah, she stands to loose everything and he has gained everything without making it legal. smh

Damnstraight said:
Lebron ain't going nowhere...And it doesn't seem like Savannah is complaining...If she's happy, I'm happy for her...She's not struggling living check to check and her boys will always be taken care of...And I thought they were engaged? Whatever the case, their status doesn't bother me because they both seem happy with eachother...He tends to have her along at most of his parties and outtings and always vacationing with her...He's always acknowledging her and from what I can tell, he treats her like she is his wife...
One thing I do know, is that he signed the birth certificates. In Ohio, that's good enough to get the boys social security
Whatever person made you so bitter, god bless his soul...I couldn't imagine going through life angry at the world.

AB said:
There you go being all sensitive again. If you think you are the "Some women" than that is on you, Girl bye.

Damnstraight said:
I see you just like drama around these parts...She doesn't have to educate me on anything...Because every last person on here is making assumptions about someone else's relationship. I don't think any of us sleep in bed with Lebron and Savannah..they just may already be married anyway.

Yes it's ideal to get married before kids, that's something I want for myself...And from what I'm reading, most of your arguments are primarily based off of financial reasons...Which brings me back to what I said before, do we know if they do or don't have a financial agreement already in place? Lebron James is a worldknown figure and stands to become a billionaire...I wouldn't compare him or his life to anyone lesser...

AB said:
EXACTLY, but you are wasting your time trying to educate SOME of these women.

Eve Davis said:
Unfortunately, in the eyes of the law she is nothing to him. If he, God forbid, were to become incapacitated and needed someone to carry out his business in the interim that would fall to his immediate family such as mother or father. She and her children could be tossed out of his home with nothing. She could sue the estate of course but if she has no income of her own what type of lawyer will she be able to afford? He is a young man and I am betting he hasn't even thought of drawing up a will to make sure she and the children are looked after in the event of his untimely death or incapacitation. Yeah, she stands to loose everything and he has gained everything without making it legal. smh

Damnstraight said:
Lebron ain't going nowhere...And it doesn't seem like Savannah is complaining...If she's happy, I'm happy for her...She's not struggling living check to check and her boys will always be taken care of...And I thought they were engaged? Whatever the case, their status doesn't bother me because they both seem happy with eachother...He tends to have her along at most of his parties and outtings and always vacationing with her...He's always acknowledging her and from what I can tell, he treats her like she is his wife...
It must be very difficult being unable to communicate with people you don't agree with...but I wouldn't know.

Damnstraight said:
Whatever person made you so bitter, god bless his soul...I couldn't imagine going through life angry at the world.

AB said:
There you go being all sensitive again. If you think you are the "Some women" than that is on you, Girl bye.

Damnstraight said:
I see you just like drama around these parts...She doesn't have to educate me on anything...Because every last person on here is making assumptions about someone else's relationship. I don't think any of us sleep in bed with Lebron and Savannah..they just may already be married anyway.

Yes it's ideal to get married before kids, that's something I want for myself...And from what I'm reading, most of your arguments are primarily based off of financial reasons...Which brings me back to what I said before, do we know if they do or don't have a financial agreement already in place? Lebron James is a worldknown figure and stands to become a billionaire...I wouldn't compare him or his life to anyone lesser...

AB said:
EXACTLY, but you are wasting your time trying to educate SOME of these women.

Eve Davis said:
Unfortunately, in the eyes of the law she is nothing to him. If he, God forbid, were to become incapacitated and needed someone to carry out his business in the interim that would fall to his immediate family such as mother or father. She and her children could be tossed out of his home with nothing. She could sue the estate of course but if she has no income of her own what type of lawyer will she be able to afford? He is a young man and I am betting he hasn't even thought of drawing up a will to make sure she and the children are looked after in the event of his untimely death or incapacitation. Yeah, she stands to loose everything and he has gained everything without making it legal. smh

Damnstraight said:
Lebron ain't going nowhere...And it doesn't seem like Savannah is complaining...If she's happy, I'm happy for her...She's not struggling living check to check and her boys will always be taken care of...And I thought they were engaged? Whatever the case, their status doesn't bother me because they both seem happy with eachother...He tends to have her along at most of his parties and outtings and always vacationing with her...He's always acknowledging her and from what I can tell, he treats her like she is his wife...
girl, go call your shrink & tell him you are out of your meds...

I KNOW what the law is in OH because I LOOKED IT UP... simple...

and secondly... nevermind you're a lost cause...

AB said:
#1 she has been there since before he signed ANY contract... so truth be told, she has hundreds of millions of legs to stand on...

It does not matter if she was with him before he became rich, the fact of the matter is she as the gf/babymama has no legal claims to his estate, only a wife has that. The children yes, she NO, unless there is some kind of arrangement.

#2 PALIMONY!!!!! She does not work (to our knowledge) so therefore if he ever decides to let her go, he will pay to keep her in the lifestyle in which she is accustomed...

Most states Don't recognize palimony. I don't know if Ohio is one of those states that does, and I'm pretty sure you don't know either.

#3 Common Law may no longer be legal in Ohio, but he has gone on record calling her his wife...

I don't know what the law is in Ohio.
We really and truly have no idea of what their plans are... But I do know that if they aren't ready (him, her, both) then there is really no point in jumping the broom...
You are right we have NO idea what their plans are, just like you don't KNOW what they are ready for, all you can do is comment like the rest of us and make assumptions.


JustMe said:
I seriously doubt Savannah will be left high and dry... we make the assumption that because he is young he has not provided for her & his children...

#1 she has been there since before he signed ANY contract... so truth be told, she has hundreds of millions of legs to stand on...

#2 PALIMONY!!!!! She does not work (to our knowledge) so therefore if he ever decides to let her go, he will pay to keep her in the lifestyle in which she is accustomed...

#3 Common Law may no longer be legal in Ohio, but he has gone on record calling her his wife...

We really and truly have no idea of what their plans are... But I do know that if they aren't ready (him, her, both) then there is really no point in jumping the broom...
If I was Lebron James, I would never get married legally either.
@ michael I see where you're coming from. If I was Oprah, I'd never get married either lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

Why are single moms shamed but single fathers are praised?

Started by Felisha Johnson in Talk Ish. Last reply by University of Smitty 4 hours ago. 28 Replies

Anyone noticed that, doesn't matter race it's just in general. Anyone been on social media and see the flooding of pics with father single one's and all and it be met with praise, admiration and joy?…Continue

Maca Root for Energy

Started by SMSLove in Talk Ish. Last reply by SweetGaPeach 11 hours ago. 13 Replies

Good Morning Ladies,I’ve been reading about Maca Root and they say it gives you energy. Those of you that’s tried it, did it boost your energy? They also say it makes you happy.I work 12 hour days, a…Continue

Best Celebrity Sex Tape???

Started by SMSLove in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sheli 13 hours ago. 3 Replies

Who has the best sex tape? Who would you like to see in one? Tommy and Pam still hold the title for me. I would love to see a Rihanna or Amber Rose sex tape....Continue

Tags: sextape

Need Advice

Started by DC but I Travel in Talk Ish 15 hours ago. 0 Replies

I am extremely new to this. I have vacations setup for this summer: Chicago, LA, NYC, Miami, Toronto, and one carribean spot. No, I don't have it like that. I make decent money and I consider it an…Continue

Tags: new, LA, Miami, Chicago

Latest Activity

selfmade updated their profile
54 minutes ago
Mama Dragon Slayer Puss commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Rita Ora's NYC Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2014 One Sleeved Leather Jacket, Collared Lace Top, Leather Shorts, and Giuseppe Zanotti Gladiator Sandals:
"Rita's hair and face...NO....loves the sandals tho"
2 hours ago
Mama Dragon Slayer Puss commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Brandy Norwood's Watch What Happens Live Fendi Interccio Pattern Leather Jacket, Fendi Printed Silk Tapered Pants, and Giuseppe Sandals
"She looks great here and I love her hair!"
2 hours ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
3 hours ago
Peachkyss's 3 blog posts were featured
3 hours ago
Profile Iconyolanda edwards, Princess watkins, neena and 42 more joined Baller Alert.com
3 hours ago
B Thang commented on Eleven8's blog post In Who Asked News: LHHNY's Erica Jean Wants You To Know She Does Not Have A Sex Tape
"Get that paycheck Iyanla lol!"
4 hours ago
University of Smitty replied to Felisha Johnson's discussion Why are single moms shamed but single fathers are praised?
"I disagree.  I'm not saying that all men who walk away weren't in love.  What…"
4 hours ago
Eleven8 commented on Eleven8's blog post Houston Texans Fan Finally Gets A Pic With The Real Arian Foster
"Arian got her number so I'm sure he's chopping her down as we speak"
5 hours ago
Eleven8 commented on Eleven8's blog post In Who Asked News: LHHNY's Erica Jean Wants You To Know She Does Not Have A Sex Tape
"I was giving Iyanla the benefit of the doubt until I realized she just does a lot of angry ass…"
5 hours ago
Eleven8 replied to Felisha Johnson's discussion Why are single moms shamed but single fathers are praised?
"Men don't only take care of kids who's mother they truly loved. Some men can love you to…"
5 hours ago
Tone © replied to Felisha Johnson's discussion Why are single moms shamed but single fathers are praised?
"Men see single mothers as burdens while women see single fathers as family men."
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video