Strip Club Waitresses: Why the ignorant misconceptions? **Long Story**

Hey guys!! As long as I have been on this site, which I love, this is my very first post!

I was having a discussion with five people over the weekend during dinner about different gigs that are available and the idea of being a waitress at a strip club came up. Oh man, I was not ready for they outpouring of ignorant judgments,smh. Three people of out of that group made statements like; "A waitress is only once dance or song away from the pole"..."Since society frowns upon that industry, working at The Waffle House is more respectable"..."Waitresses don't make as much or more than dancers so you will be grinding on some "paynusus" in no time, lol"...Mind you this whole time only one of them knew that I work part-time as a waitress in a strip club so they were gearing up for me to go respectfully H.A.M but I digressed and just listened and smiled. So at some point one of them asked me, would I ever work in that type of place? What do I think about the girls that do because they obviously have low self-esteem? Then one asked was F**l* or Ch**ta* open now so we can see the sadness for ourselves,lol? Wooow, is what I thought during this "interesting" conversation. Then once the chuckles died down, I said, "No let's not go tonight, I don't like going there on my night off"..Cue the damn crickets and the rats p***** on cotton,lol!! They did not know what to say. Surely they couldnt take back the things that they had said but they sure as hell tried,lol.

I was more irritated at their lack of understanding from both sides not so much me personally because they weren't directing that comments at me. My explanation simply went; I have worked as a waitress two days a week in a white strip club in Atlanta for 6+ years and it is the best damn gig I've ever had,lol. I have worked in finance and real estate for 12+ years. the most important "pro" has been the network of people that I have built. I have a great personality, charisma and I can actually hold a conversation w/a smile. I have never once been enticed to start "working the pole" that is a personal decision girls make. I don't judge and I love my chics I work with and majority of them are very intelligent and it is a means to an end. I simply make enough not to. Some girls end up doing so because its a fantasy of theirs or they don't want to deal with the "hustle" amongst other waitresses. I don't let assumptions discourage me especially those that don't have a clue about the inside of this industry besides what they've heard. The apologies were uneffective. Needless to say, I'm glad they aren't friends of mine. I was just guilty by association that night. Do any of you ladies work as a waitress or in the industry period?? Thoughts please.

Views: 12145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I don’t think working at the waffle house is more respectable than being a waitress at a strip club! I don’t work as a waitress at a strip club, but I would and I don’t see ANYTHING wrong with it!!!!

what club you work at?

That's is silly.. what about the waitresses in Hooters??? I worked/work in that industry and I think that is a silly argument. A waitress is a waitress. LOL

im looking for a waitressing/cocktail waitressing gig as we speak! not even just at strip clubs. Patio season is coming/baseball season, so Iwant to work in the mostly white neighborhoods.

I've went to the strip clubs, but I dont know if i'm not going at the right times or soemthing because I'malways met with the front desk girl (screener?) and she's just like fill out this application. I want to see the manager!

But anyway. I know I've frowned upon waiter/waitresses, but that was before I knew how much money they brought in. $300 or more per night is alright with me and alot of times, that's not ALL they do, so, I know I was very ignorant at the time

It was a discussion, certainly no arguing went on. They were just way more pompus than what I'm use to. Yes, a waitress is a waitress, the only thing that changes is the environment. I certainly don't judge where people work. To me the lesson for them was be mindful of the things you say because you never know the company your around.   

Baller Alert said:

That's is silly.. what about the waitresses in Hooters??? I worked/work in that industry and I think that is a silly argument. A waitress is a waitress. LOL

Tone said:

what club you work at?

Cheetah

Some people think so. Everyone has a different hustle of course. I don't judge either way as long as your not hurting people. It's just interesting to hear other people's reasons for judging. I love what I do those two days a week and the business doors its opened along with the great money.

Dominique said:

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I don’t think working at the waffle house is more respectable than being a waitress at a strip club! I don’t work as a waitress at a strip club, but I would and I don’t see ANYTHING wrong with it!!!!

I worked at a strip club as a waitress while i was in school... Never once did I want to work the pole... I think working there confirmed the fact that I would never want to work the pole... The tips were awesome! The only issues I had were working until 5 am & having a 8 am class hours later & the barback trying to take all my tips (that was easily avoided by hiding the big bills & only showing a few dollars at the end of the night... LOL)

I can certainly identify. I love most of the girls there but I could never "get naked in public",lol..That is not my speed at all. The tips are usually great. The fact that I love to meet new people and many of my customers are "known" so I make great connections. Things have changed so much because most girls have "married out" of the business but its what you make it. 

Couture_QuiteJuicy said:

I worked at a strip club as a waitress while i was in school... Never once did I want to work the pole... I think working there confirmed the fact that I would never want to work the pole... The tips were awesome! The only issues I had were working until 5 am & having a 8 am class hours later & the barback trying to take all my tips (that was easily avoided by hiding the big bills & only showing a few dollars at the end of the night... LOL)

I remember seeing that post. I'm glad you had the chance to simply "do you" and you didn't let people's opnions jade you. At the end of the day, my answer is yes to all those questions and I wouldn't change it for the world. Although working there has created issues with most guys that I've dated for whatever reason, I could care less about the stigma. Despite me having a deadline to still be employed there because of goals I'm trying to attain, I have zero complaints:)

BabyBallerCheeks said:

Hell, I asked Baller Alert last year whether I should strip and it was a resounding yes. I actually work in corporate america now but last summer was the best summer of my life. It was liberating and I made great money. Shake the stigma and do your thing.

These are the only questions you should be asking yourself:

1) Am I happy?

2) Are my bills paid?

3) Am I secure in my employment?

If the answer to these three is "yes", you are ahead of millions of other Americans.

Go for it. Depending on the type of atmosphere your in, you can rake in the $$. If I wasn't employed there my next choice would be bartending at an upscale hotel bar like the Four Seasons or the St. Regis. I'm not sure what city you are living in but you have the right idea. I've never worked in a black strip club, although I have a few friends that do, because I see more B.S going on in those clubs.I guess I'm kinda biased though. My suggestion is that you go during the day if you can, if not, go in there as a customer with someone and eventually ask someone to point the manager out to you. Most door girls are not helpful because they sometimes feel like they are $helping the "new competition" especially if your attractive. My average nights these days is $300-$500 but I have had alot of $1k dollar days/nights. All it takes is one good customer:)
Honeycoated said:

im looking for a waitressing/cocktail waitressing gig as we speak! not even just at strip clubs. Patio season is coming/baseball season, so Iwant to work in the mostly white neighborhoods.

I've went to the strip clubs, but I dont know if i'm not going at the right times or soemthing because I'malways met with the front desk girl (screener?) and she's just like fill out this application. I want to see the manager!

But anyway. I know I've frowned upon waiter/waitresses, but that was before I knew how much money they brought in. $300 or more per night is alright with me and alot of times, that's not ALL they do, so, I know I was very ignorant at the time

Im thinking about  a waitress job at a strip club.  There is only like 2 good white clubs in my area though, but I dont think I can do the black strip club.   Its a private club so they smoke and Im not sure if I can deal with that..but I may try it out and see - If I can pull 300 a night - I'll wear a wig on top of my weave so it's not all smoked out. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

The Dream Shares His Wedding Photos

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 3 hours ago. 0 Replies

The Dream got married for a third…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Job Alert! - Open Call for Ace of Diamonds Gentlemen's Club

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 11 hours ago. 0 Replies

Ace of Diamonds, the brand new…Continue

No, I don't want sex...

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by Beautiful Brownie 11 hours ago. 2 Replies

Am I the only person that still believes that "chillin'" means talking, watching TV, etc not f--cking? Like these days I don't even feel comfortable inviting a guy over to my crib for fear he will…Continue

Latest Activity

SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post 5 Ways To Thot & Not Get Caught
"HAHAHAHAHAHA! Love it!  Common sense and good advice."
40 minutes ago
Shell Yisrael commented on Eleven8's blog post Rich Dollaz Speaks Out On Child Support Arrest
"I agree @SoLuscious. Excuses for everything"
43 minutes ago
Nicole commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Joe Manganiello (Actor)
"He know he look good"
1 hour ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Rich Dollaz Speaks Out On Child Support Arrest
"no matter what he says, hes still a deadbeat."
1 hour ago
Eleven8's 4 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Nicole commented on Eleven8's blog post Keyshia Cole Won't Face Prosecution After Attacking Woman She Thought Was Sleeping With Birdman
"Keyshia Cole is going crazy"
1 hour ago
Baller Alert shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
1 hour ago
Eleven8 shared their blog post on Twitter
1 hour ago
Beautiful Brownie commented on Asimplebijou's blog post Baller Alert's Morning Wood: Robert Sacre (Los Angeles Lakers)
"Cute"
1 hour ago
RubyWoo's 2 events were featured
2 hours ago
RubyWoo posted events
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video