Amanda Seales Clarifies She's Not Been Clinically Diagnosed With Autism
Amanda Seales

Amanda Seales Clarifies She’s Not Been Clinically Diagnosed With Autism by a Doctor [Video]

Amanda Seales‘ viral Club Shay Shay interview has had the internet talking since it aired Wednesday.

During the sitdown, the former ‘Insecure’ star delved into various aspects of her life and career, from her early days as a child actor to her current experiences in Hollywood. She also discussed her experiences in the entertainment industry and addressed issues with ex-Insecure castmates Issa Rae and Sarunas Jackson.

Another revelation Seales made was that she was diagnosed with autism.

“I was recently diagnosed as someone who has autism spectrum disorder, which is very difficult to identify in Black women because of racism,” Seales said, later adding, “What it typically means is that your brain functions in a different way, so you’re neurodivergent. And you also have certain tendencies that are considered outside of the neurotypical way of things.”

However, in a subsequent Instagram Live session, Seales clarified her earlier comments regarding her autism status. Responding to a viewer’s question, she stated, “No I have not been clinically diagnosed by a doctor,” she said while responded to a viewer’s inquiry. “Because I’m not paying $10,000 to do that. And most people will tell you that at this age you don’t need a clinical diagnosis in that sense.”

Seales further commented on the broader implications of her self-diagnosis, noting how, in the U.S., there is a tendency to “only consider something in one kind of way,” promising to elaborate more on what she meant by her initial statement.

About Simone

Simone is an award-winning communications professional with over seven years of experience. Her passion for writing has led her to serve as Editor-in-Chief at Baller Alert. In her free time, she enjoys trying new restaurants and traveling (to mostly tropical destinations.)

Check Also

Benzino Opens Up About Emotional 'Drink Champs' Interview: "It Really Helped"

Benzino Discusses the Origins of the 50 Cent and Diddy Beef, Says 50 Cent Is “Salty”

On the latest episode of the ‘We In Miami’ podcast, Benzino dove deep into the …

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Baller Alert

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading