Hi ladies!! So I have finally began to really follow ballers on twitter. I don't want to follow too many for fear of looking uber thirsty (in case they happen to scroll thru my list lol), but I am on a mission.... I just follow them then wait to few days, and send a hey "follow me back :)" tweet which usually works. So now I have like 4 NFL'ers (in like a week's time {yay! lol} Butttttt idk what to say!  I am not buttassnaked in my pic; it isactually only my face that is my icon, so I guess they think I'm pretty! lol. Any suggestions on convo starters?? I don't wanna seem like the "average groupie".

Tags: TWITTER

Views: 975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow this came right on time i just made a twitter page yesterday i probably wont start following ballers until i get more followers myself. By the way how do you guys suggest i get more followers     ? all of my friends are stuck on facebook so im pretty much the only one on twitter and so far its confusing as hell

Soo true!! Theyre more personable and have alot more time on their hands.

@Alterego i was scared of being thirsty but one day just hopped my ass in one of their DMs with a hey. And it went from there. If they tweet something and you wanna respond, send it in his DM instead of a public reply, he'll more than likely respond. You dont have to stop cussing and RTing freaky facts lol some of them will like that about you. As long as youre you, youll be okay. I cant believe how many of them still follow me despite the blabber i talk abt sometimes lol about the guys from the same team, you did it right.. Follow them gradually. I wouldnt worry abt the team aspect too much.. These players sometimes change teams like i change my weave

Phoenix said:

+1

Sissy said:

NFLers are SOOOOOOOO easy.  They really are, just speak to them.

NalaLOVE said:

NFL ballers r the easiest I swear ...lml but go head girl this is how I met all 8+ of mine... n dont think too hard on what to say .. just be yourself they like that

I'm in a similar predicament but this "baller" is not following me at the moment. However, I spoke with him directly (via a live audience) about him visiting my city and he asked how close I lived to his hangout spot. When I told him where I lived he joked that with GPS he could find me, blah, blah, blah.

I didn't want to read into that comment but I got a little excited...I'm not as forward with these athletes but someday I will grow a pair. LOL!

Well, my question to you ladies - since I'm new to BA and the whole baller game - is how do I proposition meeting him for drinks, etc., while he's in my city? I tweeted him a message about meeting him in person but quickly deleted it out of fear of looking desperate and groupie-ish.

Help y'all! The clock is ticking.   

Tweet him something vague. That only he and you will know the meaning...something like...

 "that gps still work?"

No one will know entirely what you're talking about, but that may jog his memory and he should start following you...


MsCee said:

I'm in a similar predicament but this "baller" is not following me at the moment. However, I spoke with him directly (via a live audience) about him visiting my city and he asked how close I lived to his hangout spot. When I told him where I lived he joked that with GPS he could find me, blah, blah, blah.

I didn't want to read into that comment but I got a little excited...I'm not as forward with these athletes but someday I will grow a pair. LOL!

Well, my question to you ladies - since I'm new to BA and the whole baller game - is how do I proposition meeting him for drinks, etc., while he's in my city? I tweeted him a message about meeting him in person but quickly deleted it out of fear of looking desperate and groupie-ish.

Help y'all! The clock is ticking.   

+1 ! hopefully he remembers you .. lol girl stopp CARING!! When i do my thing... I DON'T CARE who's watching because at the end of the day those people who r watching aren't flying me out.. taking me out to eat.. shopping & etc.. do you .. and live lol have fun! be in control! you want something GO AFTER IT! *blows my whistle* come on ladysss !! come on!! 

Phoenix said:

Tweet him something vague. That only he and you will know the meaning...something like...

 "that gps still work?"

No one will know entirely what you're talking about, but that may jog his memory and he should start following you...


MsCee said:

I'm in a similar predicament but this "baller" is not following me at the moment. However, I spoke with him directly (via a live audience) about him visiting my city and he asked how close I lived to his hangout spot. When I told him where I lived he joked that with GPS he could find me, blah, blah, blah.

I didn't want to read into that comment but I got a little excited...I'm not as forward with these athletes but someday I will grow a pair. LOL!

Well, my question to you ladies - since I'm new to BA and the whole baller game - is how do I proposition meeting him for drinks, etc., while he's in my city? I tweeted him a message about meeting him in person but quickly deleted it out of fear of looking desperate and groupie-ish.

Help y'all! The clock is ticking.   

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I sent a DM to a mutual follower who promised to look into arranging a meeting with said baller. That was a few days ago and I've yet to hear back...thoughts?

NO! that was a no no! don't ever do that ... please you don't know what type of intentions they would have.. what they would say ... it takes you out of control .. you need to always be in control n keep things between you and your baller... 3rd parties aren't needed!
MsCee said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I sent a DM to a mutual follower who promised to look into arranging a meeting with said baller. That was a few days ago and I've yet to hear back...thoughts?

Personally I'd go the direct route and let him follow you and hit you up. 

BUT since you did speak with him and had some chemistry prior....the middle man may not be all that bad an option either. BUT now you have this middle man in your business, instead of keeping your Baller Business to yourself.

MsCee said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I sent a DM to a mutual follower who promised to look into arranging a meeting with said baller. That was a few days ago and I've yet to hear back...thoughts?

Well, damn! I done f---d up. LOL!

I'll figure something out and maybe hit him up directly with a discreet message.

I'll keep you ladies posted. Thanks for the advice.

@miss good thanks girl, I tried the "being cute" thing and the real me came out anyway lol. I wanna dm them but I feel thirsty, idk lol. I may.... However on a good note, the one that was dm'ing me last night is tweeting me now talking about this LA & Den game. Been going back & forth for a lil bit, so we'll seeeeeeee lol

Thats where i messed up my pattern is player, player, player, player, layer, reg, reg, reg, reg, reg.. but I do talk about sports on my twitter.. so hopefully hey dont think nothing of it. and I try and pick ones that dont follow each other, but i swear every player knows every player almost

Miss Good said:

I was having trouble with this too. When you follow them, follow other random ppl in between players. For instance: player, reg, reg, reg, reg, player, reg, reg, etc. i never tell them to follow back. I think thats tacky to say to anyone. If they tweet something interesting, i reply to it. Theyll more than likely go to my page to see who i am and follow. Once they follow theyll DM me. Some of them wont ever DM, this was my main prob, so just DM them yourself and start a reg convo. Theyll get tired of the back and forth in DMs and give you their # or ask for yours. And you dont have to be naked in your avi, ive seen some follow girls where you cant even see their faces clearly. Just make sure your online personality is attractive. And yeah, they are dumb lol
Lol dont feel thirsty trust me, if you only knew how their DMs look! Just gotta get in there and not think twice abt it

AlterEgo said:
@miss good thanks girl, I tried the "being cute" thing and the real me came out anyway lol. I wanna dm them but I feel thirsty, idk lol. I may.... However on a good note, the one that was dm'ing me last night is tweeting me now talking about this LA & Den game. Been going back & forth for a lil bit, so we'll seeeeeeee lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

Does social media give people false sense of importance?

Started by Tone © in Talk Ish 12 minutes ago. 0 Replies

I noticed that on Instagram if a person has a small follower count that their word somehow mean less than someone with a lot of followers.

Ballerific Throwback Thursday - 8/28

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 16 hours ago. 0 Replies

Lebron and Melo…Continue

Latest Activity

Tone © posted a discussion

Does social media give people false sense of importance?

I noticed that on Instagram if a person has a small follower count that their word somehow mean…See More
12 minutes ago
Lala25 commented on Eleven8's blog post Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Finally Get Married
"Doesn't feel like its been nine years"
31 minutes ago
LivingLikeItsGolden commented on Eleven8's blog post Bobbi Kristina's Husband Nick Gordan Crashes Another Car, Gets DUI
"smh Jesus..seems like she's following in her mother's footsteps with these rebellious…"
58 minutes ago
Profile IconCHANTAEY DIALLO, Kayon swaby and Baller Alert are attending RubyWoo's event
Thumbnail

Miami - Red Cafe & Bryant McKinnie @ Fifty 8/29 at Viceroy Miami Hotel - Fifty

August 29, 2014 at 10pm to August 30, 2014 at 5am
9 hours ago
So Nasty and So Rude commented on Eleven8's blog post Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 7 Cast Revealed + Tea!
"I'm excited.  I love this show!"
10 hours ago
LivingLikeItsGolden commented on Eleven8's blog post Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 7 Cast Revealed + Tea!
"Omg why does everyone always use that "kandi has more money than all of them" as her…"
10 hours ago
Brown Skin Beauty replied to RubyWoo's discussion Father of The Game's Adopted Daughter Says Game Won't Let Him See Her
"That's my point exactly.  Take the mother to court.  I didn't know all the…"
11 hours ago
miss cali commented on Eleven8's blog post Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 7 Cast Revealed + Tea!
"I'm excited for the new season... I'm sure Claudia will give everyone their money's…"
12 hours ago
Asimplebijou commented on Eleven8's blog post Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 7 Cast Revealed + Tea!
"Hopefully I can make it through the whole season"
12 hours ago
McKenna Hylton replied to RubyWoo's discussion Father of The Game's Adopted Daughter Says Game Won't Let Him See Her
"I agree that he can take her mother to court, that's actually who I was referencing in my…"
13 hours ago
Moving In Silence liked Eleven8's blog post Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Finally Get Married
13 hours ago
Peachkyss posted a blog post
13 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video