Two parent households...anybody on BA actually come from one?

An actual household that has two loving parents who ride n die for each other I only know of 1 said relationship like that. And they turned out a lawyer for a son, a professional dancer whos also a biochemist, their other son up n moved to egypt so who knows what his crazy ass is doing, and their daughter got accepted into Yale.  

Whereas the single parent household who was right behind them eldest son sells weed, oldest daughter cleans bedpans,son my age dropped out and is a rapper, and the youngest daughter is preggo and dropped outta college..

Guess what I'm saying is how much does having two parents in the household mean to you.  Because honestly it's 100x harder w/o 2 in the household.

Tags: and, da, mammy, pappy, who

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I came from a two parent household and have done ok for myself. I think my mom’s willingness to deal with BS has affected me in a negative way. If she would have left my dad maybe I wouldn't be feeling stuck and complacent with my daughter’s father. I would be more willing to make me happy than make sure my child has a two parent household. My daughter's father comes from a two parent household and has no clue of what it means to be a man. HE is the oldest of four and is the only one who is not successful as the others. His brother is in the Navy his sister has a law degree and will have her PHD in May. So I guess it really doesn't matter how you were raised. In our parents society it was nurture. I think in our society nature has take on over many of the influences we acquire.

BTW BLackfu I noticed that you go on threads and find my comments so is there something you would like to say to me?

I have to agree and disagree with you. I have friends who were raised in single mother households and in the middle of the hood. Who have successful relationships, but I did notice that their moms didn't do the new Uncle every week thing. One of my friends mom just got married to a man she has been dating for 20 years and my friend didn't meet him until after she moved out the house. So I guess it depends on how strong of a woman you mom was or is. But I have a friend who looks for a daddy in every man that she meets. I try to tell her that just because I had a dad doesn't make me a better person that her cuz my daddy was a hoe and my mom never left. So in my early dumb years I thought o he loves me, but he just f****** her. Now I know a little bit better. Not much cuz I still am unhappy as a mf, but stay to keep my daughter happy.

Irresistible said:

I did and I think it does make a difference especially in the Black community. In other races you did not have babies unless you were married or if you did "get yourself in trouble" you'd better be ready to grow up and handle your responsiblity because you were forced to whether you were ready for it or not. For those that didn't view abortion as a option. The one parent household has held a huge disadvantage to Black families and is very much the root of the problems in Black families. Can a child from a 1 parent household be successful, sure look at Oprah. She became a teenage mother but was given a second chance when her baby died and she made the best of it.

1 parent households are a disadvantage to the kids period. You can never make up for a absent parent no matter what you do or give your child. There's a reason it takes a male & female to conceive a child. They're both crucial to a childs development inside and outside the womb. A absent father puts a son in a position that a child should not be in. A daughter with a absent father almost always have "daddy issues" and tend to have problems sustaining healthy relationships. A son with a absent mother usually has little respect for women and the daughter usually suffers from low self-esteem and the constant need of validation. You only know what you've been taught and what you experience and you will repeat the behavior that shaped you as a child in one way or another. Life cycles are real and very few are able to break them but as a adult the choice is yours. You're not responsible for how you were brought into the world but you are responsible for how you choose to live in this world. After the age of 18, the only person who puts you at a disadvantage is you.  

It depends on who the 2 parents are.  I know of a couple that were together 30 years and raised 5 kids.  While I was growing up, I was amazed that the county didnt take all 5 of their kids.  But guess what..........the county has ALL of their grandchildren.  If you run into the parents or the kids today, they act like the grandkids never existed.  There are PLENTY of rachett 2 parent households.

Irresistible said:

I did and I think it does make a difference especially in the Black community. In other races you did not have babies unless you were married or if you did "get yourself in trouble" you'd better be ready to grow up and handle your responsiblity because you were forced to whether you were ready for it or not. For those that didn't view abortion as a option. The one parent household has held a huge disadvantage to Black families and is very much the root of the problems in Black families. Can a child from a 1 parent household be successful, sure look at Oprah. She became a teenage mother but was given a second chance when her baby died and she made the best of it.

1 parent households are a disadvantage to the kids period. You can never make up for a absent parent no matter what you do or give your child. There's a reason it takes a male & female to conceive a child. They're both crucial to a childs development inside and outside the womb. A absent father puts a son in a position that a child should not be in. A daughter with a absent father almost always have "daddy issues" and tend to have problems sustaining healthy relationships. A son with a absent mother usually has little respect for women and the daughter usually suffers from low self-esteem and the constant need of validation. You only know what you've been taught and what you experience and you will repeat the behavior that shaped you as a child in one way or another. Life cycles are real and very few are able to break them but as a adult the choice is yours. You're not responsible for how you were brought into the world but you are responsible for how you choose to live in this world. After the age of 18, the only person who puts you at a disadvantage is you.  

It does and doesn't make a difference, depends who you talk to. I think environment and your behaviour as a parent also makes a difference.

You can have 2 parent households where the parents disrespect each other but won't divorce and that affects the children with unhealthy relationships or lifestyle choices.

You can have a single parent household where the parent chooses not to  live in a certain neighbourhood where their children will be influenced by poor lifestyle choices and they can have healthy relationships. In this scenario, the parent puts the child/children interest first and are determined for them to succeed.

IMO, it's all about choice, being aware of opportunities available to you and your willingness to tap into those resources.  It's much harder with 1 income but I personally won't raise a child/children by myself (if I can help it, I'll go nuts.

100% agree.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

It does and doesn't make a difference, depends who you talk to. I think environment and your behaviour as a parent also makes a difference.

You can have 2 parent households where the parents disrespect each other but won't divorce and that affects the children with unhealthy relationships or lifestyle choices.

You can have a single parent household where the parent chooses not to  live in a certain neighbourhood where their children will be influenced by poor lifestyle choices and they can have healthy relationships. In this scenario, the parent puts the child/children interest first and are determined for them to succeed.

IMO, it's all about choice, being aware of opportunities available to you and your willingness to tap into those resources.  It's much harder with 1 income but I personally won't raise a child/children by myself, I'll go nuts.

Preach!!!!

IMO, it's all about choice, being aware of opportunities available to you and your willingness to tap into those resources.  It's much harder with 1 income but I personally won't raise a child/children by myself (if I can help it, I'll go nuts.

Fact is on average 2 parent households are better to raise a child than single parent households. The evidence is irrefutable. Sure there are plenty of kids product of a single parent home doing their thing, but a 2 parent household all things being equal will ALWAYS be better. I hate to sound like Bill Cosby in here, wait a minute no i don't, but Black folks in America really gotta step their parent game up. We gotta raise these boys and girls to have the self esteem they need to achieve and not rely on b******* ass 1 and a million sports to make a better life

Ms. BoiBye said:

I have to agree and disagree with you. I have friends who were raised in single mother households and in the middle of the hood. Who have successful relationships, but I did notice that their moms didn't do the new Uncle every week thing. One of my friends mom just got married to a man she has been dating for 20 years and my friend didn't meet him until after she moved out the house. So I guess it depends on how strong of a woman you mom was or is. But I have a friend who looks for a daddy in every man that she meets. I try to tell her that just because I had a dad doesn't make me a better person that her cuz my daddy was a hoe and my mom never left. So in my early dumb years I thought o he loves me, but he just f****** her. Now I know a little bit better. Not much cuz I still am unhappy as a mf, but stay to keep my daughter happy.

Irresistible said:

That's all fine and dandy, but I'll say it again it depends 100% on how the parents relate to each other in the home. If mommy and daddy are not on the same page when it comes to discipline, education, encouragement, family events, respect for and to each other etc. The children will be affected.

I'm all for 2 parents, but parents have to 'behave' themselves. Have healthy 'discussions' not arguments, no name calling, don't put the children in the middle of adult conversations, daddy/mommy comes home late and when asked where were u, you get attitude kissing your teeth. One person watches TV and eating dinner while the rest of the family is at the table. etc.

When u say 2 parent household u need a cohesive unit for it to work. No point if u can't communicate without fear or dread.

joe digler said:

Fact is on average 2 parent households are better to raise a child than single parent households. The evidence is irrefutable. Sure there are plenty of kids product of a single parent home doing their thing, but a 2 parent household all things being equal will ALWAYS be better. I hate to sound like Bill Cosby in here, wait a minute no i don't, but Black folks in America really gotta step their parent game up. We gotta raise these boys and girls to have the self esteem they need to achieve and not rely on b******* ass 1 and a million sports to make a better life

Ms. BoiBye said:

Irresistible said:

Was you looking in my window last night. We eating he watching the game. SMDH

That's all fine and dandy, but I'll say it again it depends 100% on how the parents relate to each other in the home. If mommy and daddy are not on the same page when it comes to discipline, education, encouragement, family events, respect for and to each other etc. The children will be affected.

I'm all for 2 parents, but parents have to 'behave' themselves. Have healthy 'discussions' not arguments, no name calling, don't put the children in the middle of adult conversations, daddy/mommy comes home late and when asked where were u, you get attitude kissing your teeth. One person watches TV and eating dinner while the rest of the family is at the table. etc.

When u say 2 parent household u need a cohesive unit for it to work. No point if u can't communicate without fear or dread.
joe digler said:

Ms. BoiBye said:

Irresistible said:

I come from a 2-parent household...I didn't finish college and I had a kid out of wedlock....so what ur saying is.....?

Nobody is saying 2 parent homes are perfect but you really can't compare growing up in a single parent home with growing up in a normal 2 parent home.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Street harassment

Started by Tone in Talk Ish. Last reply by Tone 14 hours ago. 4 Replies

is this a real issue for anyone of you

No, I don't want sex...

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by Formally Known as Ginger 17 hours ago. 5 Replies

Am I the only person that still believes that "chillin'" means talking, watching TV, etc not f--cking? Like these days I don't even feel comfortable inviting a guy over to my crib for fear he will…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by LemonDropPop 22 hours ago. 6 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by LemonDropPop 22 hours ago. 3 Replies

After a DNA test proved that…Continue

Latest Activity

Niko Rose commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Want To Know What 15-Minute Ratchet Sex Is Like?
"Cthu"
4 hours ago
Bri commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Want To Know What 15-Minute Ratchet Sex Is Like?
"Damn eleven out here making me feeL Old as Fawk with "want to know whoop your mama messed w…"
5 hours ago
Eleven8 shared their blog post on Twitter
8 hours ago
Eleven8's 6 blog posts were featured
8 hours ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
8 hours ago
BadgalCi liked Eleven8's blog post Chris Brown Talks Drug Use, Gang Affiliation & Rihanna On Ebro In The Morning (VIDEO)
9 hours ago
EmpressSoDivine liked Milagros Reyes's blog post The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul By: @milagreee
10 hours ago
DJ - A.K.A - DON_JUAN commented on Eleven8's blog post Groupie Tales - Want To Know What 15-Minute Ratchet Sex Is Like?
"bwahahah @ the be safe out there..."
11 hours ago
Beautiful Brownie commented on Eleven8's blog post Tiny Talks To ABC News About Her Eye Surgery
"I would totally be afraid of going blind. And the surgery is 100% probably at this point. There is…"
12 hours ago
RubyWoo's event was featured
Thumbnail

DC - Dej Loaf Live & John Wall @ The Howard Theatre 11/1 at The Howard Theatre

November 1, 2014 at 11pm to November 2, 2014 at 2am
12 hours ago
RubyWoo posted an event
Thumbnail

DC - Dej Loaf Live & John Wall @ The Howard Theatre 11/1 at The Howard Theatre

November 1, 2014 at 11pm to November 2, 2014 at 2am
12 hours ago
Sandy Cheeks commented on Eleven8's blog post Tiny Talks To ABC News About Her Eye Surgery
"@ Sean If my husband went to Africa, got the procedure done, and came home with his entire eyes…"
12 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video