ATLANTA - A four alarm fire damaged the huge Tyler Perry studio complex in southwest Atlanta on Tuesday.

It took over 100 firefighters and at least 20 trucks slightly over one hour to put out the blaze that started around 8:40 p.m., according to Atlanta fire officials.

There were no reports of injuries, according to Atlanta Fire Department Capt. J. L. Bundrige.

According to the studio website, the sprawling 200,000 square feet facility features five sound stages, a post-production facility, a back lot, a 400-seat theater, a private screening room and designated areas for entertaining and hosting events. It was moved to its current location in 2008.

Fire trucks circled what appeared to be the Ruby Dee-Ossie Davis studio, the Cicely Tyson studio and the Sidney Poitier studio.

When SKYFOX 5 flew over the studios on Wednesday, two buildings appeared to be damaged by the fire. Fire officials said there was partial collapse to the front area of one building. It was unknown if the fire would affect any productions.

Several eyewitnesses said they could see the fire from afar. Some said that they thought it was a part of a film production until they saw the fire trucks move in.

Tyler Perry was on the scene surveying the damage Tuesday night and returned to the scene of the fire on Wednesday. He has made no comment on the fire.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Crews-Battle-4-Alar...

Tags: tyler perry

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm, sounds suspicious I hope insurance covers it.

This is really sad... Don't let'em stop you Tyler...

my first thought was that this sounds fishy. keep an eye on Spike.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

LOL, I know he doesn't like those 'characters' that he plays but he gets the social messages across.

Maya Wilkes said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

*hollering* Don't forget Aaron McGruder. lol

maxwells_musze said:

OT: I hope this won't put a wrench in his business. Do you, TP! Fugg the rest of these whiny azz pretenders that call themselves men!

yup...suspect #2

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

*hollering* Don't forget Aaron McGruder. lol
maxwells_musze said:

I'm sure he is insured.. he will build a bigger studio. Team tyler..

+1

Baller Alert said:

Yea, I agree....this just gives him a reason to go bigger lol

Baller Alert said:

what social message>>> that men should dress in drag or that grannys should carry a gun with their bibles?

#teamspike

LOL, I know he doesn't like those 'characters' that he plays but he gets the social messages across.

Maya Wilkes said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Whats up with this guy?

Started by Cleopatra Jones in Talk Ish. Last reply by MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! 24 minutes ago. 18 Replies

He's a 40-smth year old White agriculture baller, I think we can talk millions here. He reached out to me through.. a certain website; we spent a night in the hotel once, he got really interested in…Continue

Broke Nigga Quotes

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by Spinster 1 hour ago. 302 Replies

List some of the things you heard broke niggas say.. I'll start: "Money isn't Everything"Continue

Tags: broke nigga quotes

Entrepreneurship

Started by SoLuscious in Talk Ish. Last reply by SoLuscious 2 hours ago. 90 Replies

For as long as i can remember, ive always disliked working for others. Throughout my life (including now) ive also been on an entrepreneurial journey, trying ALL types of businesses and working on…Continue

Tags: retirement, early, hustle, side, entrepreneur

How can I appear to have more class?

Started by Cleopatra Jones in Talk Ish. Last reply by Cleopatra Jones 18 hours ago. 13 Replies

I just feel like I am so ratchet deep inside, like sometimes I feel like Im clothed fine and later I see on pictures it was a no. Or my mentality, my views, I feel people frown upon as ghetto. I come…Continue

Latest Activity

Profile Iconallwhite shawty, Mishelle Russell, Greg Buissereth and 3 other members are attending RubyWoo's event
Thumbnail

Miami - Trina & Trick Daddy Host Uncle Luke's Birthday Celebration @ Liv 12/21 at Liv Nightclub

December 21, 2014 at 11pm to December 22, 2014 at 5am
11 minutes ago
Jessy Love updated their profile
22 minutes ago
Marcie commented on Milagros Reyes's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Gone Fishing By: @milagreee
"AGREE AGREE AGREE!!!!"
23 minutes ago
MS. UCAN NEVA GET ENUFF!! replied to Cleopatra Jones's discussion Whats up with this guy?
"He's not paying for you to come or he is?  If he's paying - go, if he's not…"
24 minutes ago
Peachkyss posted a blog post
31 minutes ago
Peachkyss's blog post was featured
31 minutes ago
Cleopatra Jones replied to Cleopatra Jones's discussion Whats up with this guy?
"He sent me a text message to come today again, that was unexpected. Shouldn't I be offended…"
37 minutes ago
Profile Iconmelissa draper and Tiffany Albany might attend RubyWoo's event
Thumbnail

Miami - Trina & Trick Daddy Host Uncle Luke's Birthday Celebration @ Liv 12/21 at Liv Nightclub

December 21, 2014 at 11pm to December 22, 2014 at 5am
44 minutes ago
muradfk posted a status
1 hour ago
muradfk posted a status
1 hour ago
Profile Icon4 members updated their profile photos
ThumbnailThumbnailThumbnailThumbnail
1 hour ago
Felicia hart updated their profile
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.