ATLANTA - A four alarm fire damaged the huge Tyler Perry studio complex in southwest Atlanta on Tuesday.

It took over 100 firefighters and at least 20 trucks slightly over one hour to put out the blaze that started around 8:40 p.m., according to Atlanta fire officials.

There were no reports of injuries, according to Atlanta Fire Department Capt. J. L. Bundrige.

According to the studio website, the sprawling 200,000 square feet facility features five sound stages, a post-production facility, a back lot, a 400-seat theater, a private screening room and designated areas for entertaining and hosting events. It was moved to its current location in 2008.

Fire trucks circled what appeared to be the Ruby Dee-Ossie Davis studio, the Cicely Tyson studio and the Sidney Poitier studio.

When SKYFOX 5 flew over the studios on Wednesday, two buildings appeared to be damaged by the fire. Fire officials said there was partial collapse to the front area of one building. It was unknown if the fire would affect any productions.

Several eyewitnesses said they could see the fire from afar. Some said that they thought it was a part of a film production until they saw the fire trucks move in.

Tyler Perry was on the scene surveying the damage Tuesday night and returned to the scene of the fire on Wednesday. He has made no comment on the fire.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Crews-Battle-4-Alar...

Tags: tyler perry

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm, sounds suspicious I hope insurance covers it.

This is really sad... Don't let'em stop you Tyler...

my first thought was that this sounds fishy. keep an eye on Spike.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

LOL, I know he doesn't like those 'characters' that he plays but he gets the social messages across.

Maya Wilkes said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

*hollering* Don't forget Aaron McGruder. lol

maxwells_musze said:

OT: I hope this won't put a wrench in his business. Do you, TP! Fugg the rest of these whiny azz pretenders that call themselves men!

yup...suspect #2

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

*hollering* Don't forget Aaron McGruder. lol
maxwells_musze said:

I'm sure he is insured.. he will build a bigger studio. Team tyler..

+1

Baller Alert said:

Yea, I agree....this just gives him a reason to go bigger lol

Baller Alert said:

what social message>>> that men should dress in drag or that grannys should carry a gun with their bibles?

#teamspike

LOL, I know he doesn't like those 'characters' that he plays but he gets the social messages across.

Maya Wilkes said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

Latest Activity

Niko Rose commented on Rachel L. Hill's blog post Ballerific Sports: Be On the Lookout for Richard Sherman
"He appears to be hella cool in person"
14 minutes ago
Bri commented on Rachel L. Hill's blog post Ballerific Sports: Be On the Lookout for Richard Sherman
"No kids. And he likes regular chicks, his gf worked at a local restaurant..."
45 minutes ago
Sissy replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Erica Dixon Defends Her Daughter's Fashion Choices
"I'm not one for commenting on people's kids but I agree with the commenter, it looks…"
1 hour ago
Sissy replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Bad Medina
"A boxing match is like an awards show or gala lol. You MUST to go snatched."
1 hour ago
BunniDWabbit commented on MsMaryMac's blog post So... Which One of You is The Fork?: Heteronormative Conformity
"There are more gay male giraffes than straight ones. Homosexuality is common in nature too. The…"
2 hours ago
mrs. b helms commented on thekillahBEE's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Are You in love with Transition "Dih"?
"DAMN "
2 hours ago
mrs. b helms replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Erica Dixon Defends Her Daughter's Fashion Choices
"i agree with her. her skirt is wayyyyyyyyy too tight. like she's not even a teenager yet. like…"
3 hours ago
mrs. b helms replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Bad Medina
"for once i agree. and her answer is funny. I didn't know... "
3 hours ago
mrs. b helms replied to RubyWoo's discussion Blac Chyna Shows Off New Hairdo
"i like. its better than that blond s*** she wears "
3 hours ago
TheLadyJosephine commented on Rachel L. Hill's blog post Ballerific Sports: Be On the Lookout for Richard Sherman
"Any kids?  "
4 hours ago
TheLadyJosephine commented on Eleven8's blog post Keyshia Cole Dating Birdman & Gets Arrested For Assaulting Woman At His Condo
"What in the Sam Hill Hell...Keisha is DATING Birdman?  I can not with this today!   "
4 hours ago
Formally Known as Ginger replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Wale Gets Criticized Again for Not Supporting Meek Mill
"Man people need to let that go. So what if he didn't/doesn't support dude Meek is an…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video