ATLANTA - A four alarm fire damaged the huge Tyler Perry studio complex in southwest Atlanta on Tuesday.

It took over 100 firefighters and at least 20 trucks slightly over one hour to put out the blaze that started around 8:40 p.m., according to Atlanta fire officials.

There were no reports of injuries, according to Atlanta Fire Department Capt. J. L. Bundrige.

According to the studio website, the sprawling 200,000 square feet facility features five sound stages, a post-production facility, a back lot, a 400-seat theater, a private screening room and designated areas for entertaining and hosting events. It was moved to its current location in 2008.

Fire trucks circled what appeared to be the Ruby Dee-Ossie Davis studio, the Cicely Tyson studio and the Sidney Poitier studio.

When SKYFOX 5 flew over the studios on Wednesday, two buildings appeared to be damaged by the fire. Fire officials said there was partial collapse to the front area of one building. It was unknown if the fire would affect any productions.

Several eyewitnesses said they could see the fire from afar. Some said that they thought it was a part of a film production until they saw the fire trucks move in.

Tyler Perry was on the scene surveying the damage Tuesday night and returned to the scene of the fire on Wednesday. He has made no comment on the fire.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Crews-Battle-4-Alar...

Tags: tyler perry

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm, sounds suspicious I hope insurance covers it.

This is really sad... Don't let'em stop you Tyler...

my first thought was that this sounds fishy. keep an eye on Spike.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

LOL, I know he doesn't like those 'characters' that he plays but he gets the social messages across.

Maya Wilkes said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

*hollering* Don't forget Aaron McGruder. lol

maxwells_musze said:

OT: I hope this won't put a wrench in his business. Do you, TP! Fugg the rest of these whiny azz pretenders that call themselves men!

yup...suspect #2

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

*hollering* Don't forget Aaron McGruder. lol
maxwells_musze said:

I'm sure he is insured.. he will build a bigger studio. Team tyler..

+1

Baller Alert said:

Yea, I agree....this just gives him a reason to go bigger lol

Baller Alert said:

what social message>>> that men should dress in drag or that grannys should carry a gun with their bibles?

#teamspike

LOL, I know he doesn't like those 'characters' that he plays but he gets the social messages across.

Maya Wilkes said:

LOL

maxwells_musze said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Sooooooooo

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by Student Beauty 12 hours ago. 6 Replies

What blog features do you guys enjoy reading? What would you like to see more of? What do you dislike?

Kobe Throws Major Shade At Nick 'Swaggy P' Young

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 14 hours ago. 0 Replies

Damn....that tension between teammates can't be good for the Lakers.Continue

Ebola Hits the U.S.

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sheli 15 hours ago. 6 Replies

The United States has its first…Continue

Did Lebron Fix His Hairline?

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey yesterday. 1 Reply

Continue

Latest Activity

Niko Rose commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Foot Werk: Schutz Monya Heel
"I have big legs. I would love to be able to wear a shoe with a leg wrap. It is super funny how…"
20 minutes ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Eleven8's blog post Former NFL WR Pleads Guilty To Shipping Molly Through The Mail
"I nearly fell out reading the final two lines: 'Caldwell faced up to 20 years in federal…"
21 minutes ago
Kitty B. commented on Eleven8's blog post Rumor Has It Colin Kaepernick Has A Girl And She's Claiming Him On Instagram
"But Kaep?! I'm crying real tears"
40 minutes ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Eleven8's blog post Baller Alert Exclusive: Daniel Gibson And Diamond Spend The Weekend Together In Las Vegas
"Sigh. I just don't understand why Diamond is messing with Booby? He's trash and jobless.…"
47 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Peachkyss's blog post on Twitter
49 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
52 minutes ago
55 minutes ago
57 minutes ago
Sasha456 commented on Eleven8's blog post Shelly Sterling Tries To Have V. Stiviano Arrested
"WHAT!!! They are still dealing with one another after that big fiasco?"
58 minutes ago
B Thang commented on Eleven8's blog post Rumor Has It Colin Kaepernick Has A Girl And She's Claiming Him On Instagram
"Her body is ridiculously sick...::runs to the gym::"
1 hour ago
McKenna Hylton commented on Eleven8's blog post Shelly Sterling Tries To Have V. Stiviano Arrested
"V. stay winning. Shelly either needs to just divorce Donald or accept the fact that he's going…"
1 hour ago
Busy Signal aka $picey commented on Eleven8's blog post Former NFL WR Pleads Guilty To Shipping Molly Through The Mail
"The mail????? That's Federal yikes!"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video