What Did You Learn in 2012 That You Want To Take or Leave in 2013?

Another year is ending and we get to start over.. what are you taking and leaving behind?

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've accepted being alone and not requiring validation from other parties. I've learned for the new year that I need to work on controlling my emotions.

I'm at a good place financially and I'm appreciative.

Stop worrying and just be happy.

Don't be afraid to start cutting the dead weight loose now as opposed to later.

That just because someone is changing at a slower rate than you does not mean you have to wait for them. Let them go. They may catch up later. You might be hindering them by putting up with their foolishness.

Everything I want is right at my fingertips if I stop thinking about what I don't have, yet.

Stop waiting for it to be perfect and just do the damn thing.

Re-affirmed that I can't count on anyone other than my self, parents and siblings. Everyone else "family & friends" are unreliable. Its okay to be selfish afterall everyone else looks out for themselves. In 2012 I had to let go of alot of friends..it was a growing up year for me and am in a happy place with those I still have in my circle.  I truly feel like a better person!

I learned that I still don't care what other people think about me...what I think about me is most important.

I learned to not take things personal...i haven't perfected it but I am getting there and I am so much happier now that I understand this.

I am leaving behind any straggling naysayers and dream killers. No room for people praying for my downfall.

I learned that so much of my talent and smarts that I give away to people for free I should be getting paid for.

I've learned that experiences mean more to me than things.

I've learned that allowing negativity to get to me is THE worst thing that I can let happen. No matter what anyone else may think, I have to believe in me first and foremost.

A man's actions will always tell you how he feels about you so if he's not treating you like he should (even after you've shown him), cut that loose and don't look back. Also, don't go back when he decides to pop back up in your life out of the blue. Don't worry about the what if's as much and just consider it something that wasn't supposed to happen.

SAVE your money, girl. I don't care if you know more is coming later, save what you have now.

I ahave learned that I am responsible for my own happiness. When others let me down or disappoint me then I have given them too much power in my life.

I have learned that life isn't about being happy everyday, we have our ups & downs, but my life is about preserving the joy that God has promised me.

I have learned not to always believe what I see b/c God's plan for my life is bigger than the things that I can imagine. I live in Faith not by sight.

I've learned that it's okay to be selfish and to put myself first and if any expresses a problem with that, then I need to reconsider that persons' position in my life.

I learned that other people's problems are not my own, I don't have to mask or downplay my happiness b/c others insist on living in misery.

I learned that I want, need, deserve, and require better for and from myself than I've been getting.

I just learned how to be happy this year & I'm praying that it follows me into 2013.

I'm leaving my "b**** face" in 2012 and being more open in 2013....

I'm leaving hoes behind that want loyalty and true friendships from b****** they JUST MET!! Lol FOH

I've learned that you can't want better for people if they don't want it for themselves.

I learned this year I can't look out for anyone but myself (tough lesson btw ) ESP because I would do anything to help a "friend" ..

speaking of friends... I also learned everyone isn't your friend. People would smile in your face and talk a bunch of s*** behind it. 

If I don't believe in myself then I won't succeed. 

I should never lower my standards for ANY MAN ! IDC what team he's apart of.. how much he makes ... how good his d*** game is.. Just don't do it.

and continue to keep my circle small ...It's way better this way.. less drama 

I've learned that I'm never going to get this time management or procrastination thing down.  *shrugs*

Personally, to stop worrying and start working.  We all have a finite amount of time on our hands.  We should be progressive and start working towards our dreams instead of worrying about the what-ifs.

Financially, I am going to get an accountant or financial adviser because I will receive 2 promotions in a one-year period and want to manage my money. I am considering a home.

Professionally, to earn my Project Management Professional or Quality Engineer certifications.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Ebola Hits the U.S.

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by DJ - A.K.A - DON_JUAN 5 hours ago. 5 Replies

The United States has its first…Continue

Did Lebron Fix His Hairline?

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey 7 hours ago. 1 Reply

Continue

Did Porsha Williams Confirm She's Dating Eagles' Lesean McCoy?

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Busy Signal aka $picey 8 hours ago. 1 Reply

There's been rumors circulating…Continue

Baller Mail - Amber Rose Caught Wiz In Bed With Twins

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Eleven8 8 hours ago. 2 Replies

Baller Mail - (Disclaimer:…Continue

Latest Activity

Peachkyss posted blog posts
6 minutes ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
6 minutes ago
JustMe commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"And wasn't Kenyon Martin married when he & Trina hooked up?"
7 minutes ago
JustMe commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"I remember French's wife complaining about him leaving her for Trina... So I'm not buying…"
8 minutes ago
V liked Asimplebijou's blog post Morning Wood: Will Monfret (Model)
27 minutes ago
V liked Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's How Much Do They Make?: Eric Gordon (New Orleans Pelicans)
33 minutes ago
Lala25 commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"My mother and sis told me about a passage in the bible that indicates once your break your marital…"
49 minutes ago
Sandy Cheeks commented on Eleven8's blog post Was KC Chiefs Husain Abdullah Penalized For Praying On The Field?
"Godell is sucking the fun out of everything. What's next?"
1 hour ago
SoLuscious commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"@V ur entire statement is on point."
2 hours ago
Angela H liked Asimplebijou's discussion Sooooooooo
3 hours ago
V commented on Eleven8's blog post Trina Says She Introduced French Montana To The Kardashians + French Finally Gets Divorced
"Trina's girl-code is like people's (mis) interpretation of The Bible; shaping and molding…"
3 hours ago
Eleven8 shared RubyWoo's blog post on Twitter
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video