Even with tyrese there isn't a black music video model in his video and jay and kanye followed the same so what happen to the black video model thoughts?

Views: 530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well said...

SPICE said:
Once in a while they choose 'authentic' as opposed to 'exotic'. I guess it depends what mood their in that day.  IDK, it's a debate/conversation we will have forever :)
Yeah I don't get it, black girls aren't in demand any more? Damn, the booty shots aren't even enough to get us on anymore? Well I guess I'll cancel my appointment lol
Let's just say it's somebody else's turn.  Black women have been objectified and degraded in these videos for years.  I have no hard feelings about it being the next hoe's time to "shine"........good for her
Great point! and that's how I see if...however, this is a public announcement as to what "we" think is attractive....unfortunately, lots of young people watch this and these images soak into their brains.....unless your parents have shown you otherwise, you may start to believe this is what "pretty" is

University of Smitty said:
Let's just say it's somebody else's turn.  Black women have been objectified and degraded in these videos for years.  I have no hard feelings about it being the next hoe's time to "shine"........good for her
I'm with you on that, I'm glad that we're not represented. I get tired of "us" only getting camera time when they want to showcase a phat ass, let them exotic hoes be their video hoes.

University of Smitty said:
Twitter happened.  Video hoes are no longer exclusive anyone can get a hold of them it's all one DM away
wow....this is so true...

ATown SouthernGal said:
Twitter happened.  Video hoes are no longer exclusive anyone can get a hold of them it's all one DM away

I noticed that when it is a 'love interest' or just a 'pretty face' it is an 'exotic' chick. When the woman is objectified it is a black female. Also, I see the bigger the video budget the fewer black models. This is not by chance...

blkcherry said:

Yea but in the video above there are no booty shots there are no boob shots its just four chicks in the back of the car like they could find 1 ot of 4 to be chocolate.
Jay said:
Why would any woman let alone a black woman want to be in their video's all they call you is b****** and hoes or tell you to make your booty clap for them. Not all but 99% do.
When Black women were video models they were usually "official" as in they don't work for free, you need to contact someone else (an agent of sorts) to get in contact with them etc... Why would a cheap ass rapper want to go through all of that when he can call Maria or Yasmin to show up, spend hours, look pretty FOR FREE and directly through twitter?? Lol and we all know if there's no Black women in the video, there won't be any "booty shots" because well, who wants to see pancakes? *shrug*

I feel when such entertainers go the way of non representation of own if more of a political move, appeal to majority or mainstream and get "all" the money. If one is too radical then may become controversial anybody who wants to be popular will always bend to win. So I'm go wit it's strictly business....

I'm staring to think there all thinkin like lil Wayne that only red bones is what's up....BS
The need for rappers to live up to these idiotic forms of beauty.  They want the most exotix woman their is to be had, because growing up these women are not the women who actually where giving them the time of day.  When these lame dudes become rappers they are now living the life they only spoke of in their make believe rhymes.  They have to potray to have the baddest car, homes, most money, illest rhymes and of course the baddest chick comes along with that.  These rappers dreams dont include black to often, that is why you have the average black model takling about she from this country or made with this or that to keep getting money feeding these rappers fool's gold.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Ballerific Events

Connect

BallerBoards

Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sean 12 hours ago. 1 Reply

TrickDaddy has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to TMZ.The #Miami rapper reportedly has an estimated $430,000 in assets but is in debt for roughly $645,000. He allegedly owes $290,000 in…Continue

VH1 announces Black Ink Crew-Ch

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish. Last reply by Selena 14 hours ago. 1 Reply

VH1 has just announced a "Black Ink Crew" spin-off. The show that is centered around tattoos and the drama between the shop's employees, just expanded to a new city. "Black Ink Crew: Chicago"…Continue

Nike Teams Up With Serena Williams

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish yesterday. 0 Replies

The U.S Open kicked off today and Nike has just announced a new partnership with Serena Williams. Nike has teamed up with the tennis all-star to produce three distinct shoes for their "Greatness…Continue

Shonda Rhimes Signs A Deal With ABC To Write More Shows

Started by Asimplebijou in Talk Ish Aug 24. 0 Replies

ABC, the home of hit shows like “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Scandal”, will be adding two more shows to their hit list. Shonda Rhimes, recently signed a deal with ABC that allows her to develop multiple…Continue

Latest Activity

Brazil commented on RubyWoo's blog post Redskins Name Kirk Cousins Starting Quarterback Over RG3, Teammates Couldn't Be Happier - blogged by @LoveRubyWoo
"^^I hope not!!"
4 hours ago
RubyWoo's 5 events were featured
5 hours ago
Nicole liked CrisdaCat's blog post Three Things To Do Before Summer Is Over - Blogged by @CrisdaCat
7 hours ago
Nicole commented on Eleven8's blog post Is Idris Too Street To Play James Bond? Writer Says So
"@Sean My sentiments exactly"
7 hours ago
That Philly Fly Diva liked Asimplebijou's discussion VH1 announces Black Ink Crew-Ch
8 hours ago
EmpressSoDivine liked Lauren Flanigan's blog post Ballerific Health: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
8 hours ago
Selena commented on Peachkyss's blog post Baller Alert's Hit or Miss: Rihanna Wearing Vivienne Westwood Red Label Fall 2015 Pink Off The Shoulder Mini Dress and Christian Louboutin Pumps For RiRi By Rihanna Fragrance Unveiling
"She looks good and I love the hair."
9 hours ago
London Lui commented on Eleven8's blog post Master P's Wife Fears She Is Soon To Be Homeless
"Ooh wee-Romeo looks just like his mama."
10 hours ago
Sean commented on Eleven8's blog post Is Idris Too Street To Play James Bond? Writer Says So
"Replace street with black"
10 hours ago
Sean commented on Eleven8's blog post Master P's Wife Fears She Is Soon To Be Homeless
"She is a stay at home mom. That child support should help her get on her feet hopefully."
10 hours ago
Selena commented on Eleven8's blog post Master P's Wife Fears She Is Soon To Be Homeless
"I don't understand this case at all. This has been going on for years. She's been with…"
11 hours ago
Eleven8's 2 blog posts were featured
11 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video