Even with tyrese there isn't a black music video model in his video and jay and kanye followed the same so what happen to the black video model thoughts?

Views: 512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once in a while they choose 'authentic' as opposed to 'exotic'. I guess it depends what mood their in that day.  IDK, it's a debate/conversation we will have forever :)
well said...

SPICE said:
Once in a while they choose 'authentic' as opposed to 'exotic'. I guess it depends what mood their in that day.  IDK, it's a debate/conversation we will have forever :)
Yeah I don't get it, black girls aren't in demand any more? Damn, the booty shots aren't even enough to get us on anymore? Well I guess I'll cancel my appointment lol
Why would any woman let alone a black woman want to be in their video's all they call you is b****** and hoes or tell you to make your booty clap for them. Not all but 99% do.
Let's just say it's somebody else's turn.  Black women have been objectified and degraded in these videos for years.  I have no hard feelings about it being the next hoe's time to "shine"........good for her
Great point! and that's how I see if...however, this is a public announcement as to what "we" think is attractive....unfortunately, lots of young people watch this and these images soak into their brains.....unless your parents have shown you otherwise, you may start to believe this is what "pretty" is

University of Smitty said:
Let's just say it's somebody else's turn.  Black women have been objectified and degraded in these videos for years.  I have no hard feelings about it being the next hoe's time to "shine"........good for her
I'm with you on that, I'm glad that we're not represented. I get tired of "us" only getting camera time when they want to showcase a phat ass, let them exotic hoes be their video hoes.

University of Smitty said:
Twitter happened.  Video hoes are no longer exclusive anyone can get a hold of them it's all one DM away
wow....this is so true...

ATown SouthernGal said:
Twitter happened.  Video hoes are no longer exclusive anyone can get a hold of them it's all one DM away

I noticed that when it is a 'love interest' or just a 'pretty face' it is an 'exotic' chick. When the woman is objectified it is a black female. Also, I see the bigger the video budget the fewer black models. This is not by chance...

blkcherry said:

Yea but in the video above there are no booty shots there are no boob shots its just four chicks in the back of the car like they could find 1 ot of 4 to be chocolate.
Jay said:
Why would any woman let alone a black woman want to be in their video's all they call you is b****** and hoes or tell you to make your booty clap for them. Not all but 99% do.
When Black women were video models they were usually "official" as in they don't work for free, you need to contact someone else (an agent of sorts) to get in contact with them etc... Why would a cheap ass rapper want to go through all of that when he can call Maria or Yasmin to show up, spend hours, look pretty FOR FREE and directly through twitter?? Lol and we all know if there's no Black women in the video, there won't be any "booty shots" because well, who wants to see pancakes? *shrug*

I feel when such entertainers go the way of non representation of own if more of a political move, appeal to majority or mainstream and get "all" the money. If one is too radical then may become controversial anybody who wants to be popular will always bend to win. So I'm go wit it's strictly business....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

Latest Activity

BlkButtafly commented on Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's Wives/Girlfriends/Baby Mamas: Bertille Sefolosha
"Very beautiful family, indeed!"
18 minutes ago
Nene2 Live commented on Milagros Reyes's blog post Ballerific Relationships - Too Much, Too Soon By: @milagreee
"~ i read something similar to this post that stated..."the key to happiness is letting each…"
5 hours ago
McKenna Hylton replied to RubyWoo's discussion Ballerific Comment Creepin - Fan Clowns Cam'ron For His Fashion Choices
"I was right with him until the baby comment, that was uncalled for. "
6 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Twitter
7 hours ago
mariemarie675 liked Asimplebijou's blog post BallerAlert's Wives/Girlfriends/Baby Mamas: Bertille Sefolosha
8 hours ago
Kia Russell liked Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion Tips: How To Save For A Designer Bag
11 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Facebook
12 hours ago
MsMaryMac shared their blog post on Twitter
12 hours ago
Daquita Dixon updated their profile photo
12 hours ago
MsMaryMac posted a blog post
12 hours ago
MsMaryMac's blog post was featured
12 hours ago
SoLuscious commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion Tips: How To Save For A Designer Bag
"I totally agree with her....This is also a good way to save money, in general. I have another…"
13 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video