Why does society stereotype black men as playas and triflin?

I just want to hear your opinion. My opinion is that it is not true?This can be possible with any race.

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When i was younger being a playa was a goal not something that was looked down on. Not being a playa was the thing that was  looked down on. Part of it is  because we play into it and the other part is pure racism.

+1 Coupled with the statistics that 80% of black women are unmarried makes it look like black men aren't into building families. Then add all the drama with a lot of the black athletes and entertainers.

Tone said:

When i was younger being a playa was a goal not something that was looked down on. Not being a playa was the thing that was  looked down on. Part of it is  because we play into it and the other part is pure racism.

+1

There are a few movies that depict white men this way... one with Jude Law (his cute ass lol)...actually, a few with Jude Law...

CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

+1 Coupled with the statistics that 80% of black women are unmarried makes it look like black men aren't into building families. Then add all the drama with a lot of the black athletes and entertainers.

Tone said:

When i was younger being a playa was a goal not something that was looked down on. Not being a playa was the thing that was  looked down on. Part of it is  because we play into it and the other part is pure racism.

Because they are easier to pick on and it benefits them to always 'look good'.  Everyone knows there is good and bad in every race. Ours are always magnified because we are always the most vocal to injustice and we don't take no $hit from no one.

Society can portray anyone they way they want but if you 'embrace' those stereotypes and make them 'cool and acceptable' they will keep portraying them that way.


that is more of a mark on both black men and womwn depending on how they want to spin it.
CCDreamin' of a baller for me said:

+1 Coupled with the statistics that 80% of black women are unmarried makes it look like black men aren't into building families. Then add all the drama with a lot of the black athletes and entertainers.

Tone said:

When i was younger being a playa was a goal not something that was looked down on. Not being a playa was the thing that was  looked down on. Part of it is  because we play into it and the other part is pure racism.

$picey that is true but when we are only 12% of the population of this country and 80% of hetero black women are single it does paint black men in a bad light. Don't you think?

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

Because they are easier to pick on and it benefits them to always 'look good'.  Everyone knows there is good and bad in every race. Ours are always magnified because we are always the most vocal to injustice and we don't take no $hit from no one.

Society can portray anyone they way they want but if you 'embrace' those stereotypes and make them 'cool and acceptable' they will keep portraying them that way.

Frederick Douglas’s words have come to light!

____________________________________

Many people wonder why Republican legislators are so hard on President Obama. Frederick Douglass gave us the answer many years ago:

“Though the colored man is no longer subject to barter and sale, he is surrounded by an adverse settlement which fetters all his movements.

In his downward course he meets with no resistance, but his course upward is resented and resisted at every step of his progress.

If he comes in ignorance, rags and wretchedness he conforms to the popular belief of his character, and in that character he is welcome;

but if he shall come as a gentleman, a scholar and a statesman, he is hailed as a contradiction to the national faith concerning his race, and his coming is resented as impudence. In one case he may provoke contempt and derision, but in the other he is an affront to pride and provokes malice.”

Frederick Douglass
September 25, 1883



Rosa sat so Martin could walk,
Martin walked so Obama could run,
Obama ran so our children can fly!!
My President Is Black!!! ;)

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:
Frederick Douglas’s words have come to light!

____________________________________

Many people wonder why Republican legislators are so hard on President Obama. Frederick Douglass gave us the answer many years ago:

“Though the colored man is no longer subject to barter and sale, he is surrounded by an adverse settlement which fetters all his movements.

In his downward course he meets with no resistance, but his course upward is resented and resisted at every step of his progress.

If he comes in ignorance, rags and wretchedness he conforms to the popular belief of his character, and in that character he is welcome;

but if he shall come as a gentleman, a scholar and a statesman, he is hailed as a contradiction to the national faith concerning his race, and his coming is resented as impudence. In one case he may provoke contempt and derision, but in the other he is an affront to pride and provokes malice.”

Frederick Douglass
September 25, 1883



Rosa sat so Martin could walk,
Martin walked so Obama could run,
Obama ran so our children can fly!!
To me it's sorta like the N word... When we say / portray it it's cool... But when someone who doesn't look like us says it, we get offended...

We must teach better & demand better...

we should be able to tell non blacks not to use the word. And they should not even question the reason why if they have true respect for us
JustMe said:
To me it's sorta like the N word... When we say / portray it it's cool... But when someone who doesn't look like us says it, we get offended...

We must teach better & demand better...
This was then it is now an still the same rules apply the way u carry yourself what u say and how u say it .presentation is your reputation when its said and done.Brothers
As usual you didn't get the point... 



Tone said:

we should be able to tell non blacks not to use the word. And they should not even question the reason why if they have true respect for us
JustMe said:
To me it's sorta like the N word... When we say / portray it it's cool... But when someone who doesn't look like us says it, we get offended...

We must teach better & demand better...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

\\\\\\\ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

No, I don't want sex...

Started by Formally Known as Ginger in Talk Ish. Last reply by XXXXXX 4 hours ago. 4 Replies

Am I the only person that still believes that "chillin'" means talking, watching TV, etc not f--cking? Like these days I don't even feel comfortable inviting a guy over to my crib for fear he will…Continue

Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Ashley T 5 hours ago. 2 Replies

After a DNA test proved that…Continue

The Dream Shares His Wedding Photos

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish 14 hours ago. 0 Replies

The Dream got married for a third…Continue

Florida Woman Caught Stealing Liquor by Hiding It Up Her You-Know-What

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by V 15 hours ago. 5 Replies

A Florida woman was caught on…Continue

Latest Activity

Peachkyss posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Peachkyss's blog post was featured
1 hour ago
aleah updated their profile
1 hour ago
Nicole commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"This should be interesting. Meghan not scared of nobody. Jackie watch out!"
2 hours ago
V commented on Milagros Reyes's blog post The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul By: @milagreee
"This is a great article and I agree with its sentiments. It doesn't take much to be able to…"
3 hours ago
XXXXXX replied to Formally Known as Ginger's discussion No, I don't want sex...
"I think the magic days of trying to get to know somebody are kinda over... Back in the 80s and…"
4 hours ago
XXXXXX replied to Formally Known as Ginger's discussion No, I don't want sex...
"I hear you... I met a woman (she's 38) that I took out on dates and was communicating back and…"
4 hours ago
Ashley T replied to RubyWoo's discussion Meet Koi Knowles, Mathew Knowles' Child with Latest Baby Mama
"She is pretty. Of course she would sing and dance like her big sister. Bey not going for that lol"
5 hours ago
Sandy Cheeks commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"The show shouldn't be called basketball wives seeing that none of them are married to…"
6 hours ago
RubyWoo's 3 events were featured
7 hours ago
RubyWoo posted events
7 hours ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Eleven8's blog post Bad Girls Club Star Mehgan James Joins Basketball Wives LA
"What's the tea between her and Brittish? We need the full backstory before watching the new…"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video