http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked...

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Tags: trayvon martin, zimmerman

Views: 5697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is a damn liar.. i had a nose injury too and it was a damn mess. I'm sick of these mofo's.

Ms. Ashley Banks said:

If GZ was hurt as badly as they say he was, he wouldn't have been able to walk as he did in the police video. And when I played volleyball I was hit in the  nose with a ball and there was blood everywhere, it wasn't broken but it felt like it was. I had to have my nostrils packed and taped until I got to the hospital that night.  Any nose injury throws your balance off because you don't want to lower your head. If GZ's nose was broken, he would have had something on his nose and his head would have been back. Noses don't heal that fast, buddy. Unless that tape is from days later, I cannot see a person having a broken nose walking around like that.

 

And if your nose is broken, don't they have to reset it asap? That piece of bone is thin, I'm thinking it'll heal up and you'll end up like Owen Wilson if you don't get it looked at.

Watching this special on Centric and two eyewitnesses saying Zimmerman was holding him down while he was dead. One little boy walking his dog said that he heard Trayvon screaming for his life. And the story the police told the father was so bad. :(

This is so sad... I doubt if Zimmerman even gets arrested.

Just in case you missed it:

Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George  Zimmerman, expert says.

 

An expert in forensic voice identification analyzing  the 911 recordings in the Trayvon Martin case for the Orlando Sentinel tells the  paper that it is likely not Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman, heard calling  for help.

Tom Owen used voice identification software to rule  out Zimmerman, according to the paper. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel,  utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot  Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, during a confrontation Feb. 26.

On that night, a woman called 911 to report someone  crying out for help in her gated Sanford, Fla., community. While several other  neighbors also called authorities, the first call came early enough for  dispatchers to hear panicked cries and the gunshot that killed Trayvon  Martin.

According to the Sentinel, Owen, a court-qualified  expert witness, is an authority on biometric voice analysis -- a computerized  process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match.

"I took all of the screams and put those together,  and cut out everything else," Owen said, according to the Sentinel.

Software called Easy Voice Biometrics was used to  compare that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen  said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher  than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable  scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen said, stressing that he  cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's because he didn't have a sample of the  teen's voice to compare.

Full story here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-31/news/os-trayvon-mart...

We already knew this...

MissMidwest said:

Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George  Zimmerman, expert says.

 

An expert in forensic voice identification analyzing  the 911 recordings in the Trayvon Martin case for the Orlando Sentinel tells the  paper that it is likely not Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman, heard calling  for help.

Tom Owen used voice identification software to rule  out Zimmerman, according to the paper. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel,  utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot  Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, during a confrontation Feb. 26.

On that night, a woman called 911 to report someone  crying out for help in her gated Sanford, Fla., community. While several other  neighbors also called authorities, the first call came early enough for  dispatchers to hear panicked cries and the gunshot that killed Trayvon  Martin.

According to the Sentinel, Owen, a court-qualified  expert witness, is an authority on biometric voice analysis -- a computerized  process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match.

"I took all of the screams and put those together,  and cut out everything else," Owen said, according to the Sentinel.

Software called Easy Voice Biometrics was used to  compare that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen  said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher  than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable  scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen said, stressing that he  cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's because he didn't have a sample of the  teen's voice to compare.

Full story here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-31/news/os-trayvon-mart...

Did y'all see piers and tourè?!?!?!


Mannn this case is becoming a mess

Baller Alert said:

We already knew this...

MissMidwest said:

Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George  Zimmerman, expert says.

 

An expert in forensic voice identification analyzing  the 911 recordings in the Trayvon Martin case for the Orlando Sentinel tells the  paper that it is likely not Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman, heard calling  for help.

Tom Owen used voice identification software to rule  out Zimmerman, according to the paper. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel,  utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot  Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, during a confrontation Feb. 26.

On that night, a woman called 911 to report someone  crying out for help in her gated Sanford, Fla., community. While several other  neighbors also called authorities, the first call came early enough for  dispatchers to hear panicked cries and the gunshot that killed Trayvon  Martin.

According to the Sentinel, Owen, a court-qualified  expert witness, is an authority on biometric voice analysis -- a computerized  process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match.

"I took all of the screams and put those together,  and cut out everything else," Owen said, according to the Sentinel.

Software called Easy Voice Biometrics was used to  compare that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen  said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher  than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable  scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen said, stressing that he  cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's because he didn't have a sample of the  teen's voice to compare.

Full story here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-31/news/os-trayvon-mart...

@Boss I know, you're right, but I'm glad experts confirmed what we all knew because there was too many people from Zimmerman's camp blatantly lying and saying that it was him screaming for help, not Trayvon.

Zimmerman's story is a LIE.. I don't know what else they have to do? He said he got beat up... he looked fine at the police station.. he said he was screaming for his life... expert said it wasn't. Now what????

MissMidwest said:

@Boss I know, you're right, but I'm glad experts confirmed what we all knew because there was too many people from Zimmerman's camp blatantly lying and saying that it was him screaming for help, not Trayvon.

Yes... I agree with Toure. Piers let that juicyfruitasssaltine off easy. 

Sw33tNeSS said:
Did y'all see piers and tourè?!?!?!
Mannn this case is becoming a mess

Baller Alert said:

We already knew this...

MissMidwest said:

Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George  Zimmerman, expert says.

 

An expert in forensic voice identification analyzing  the 911 recordings in the Trayvon Martin case for the Orlando Sentinel tells the  paper that it is likely not Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman, heard calling  for help.

Tom Owen used voice identification software to rule  out Zimmerman, according to the paper. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel,  utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot  Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, during a confrontation Feb. 26.

On that night, a woman called 911 to report someone  crying out for help in her gated Sanford, Fla., community. While several other  neighbors also called authorities, the first call came early enough for  dispatchers to hear panicked cries and the gunshot that killed Trayvon  Martin.

According to the Sentinel, Owen, a court-qualified  expert witness, is an authority on biometric voice analysis -- a computerized  process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match.

"I took all of the screams and put those together,  and cut out everything else," Owen said, according to the Sentinel.

Software called Easy Voice Biometrics was used to  compare that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen  said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher  than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable  scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen said, stressing that he  cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's because he didn't have a sample of the  teen's voice to compare.

Full story here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-31/news/os-trayvon-mart...

It was just announced that the special prosecutor decided not to send case to grand jury...

So that is that? He is off the hook?

Brii said:

It was just announced that the special prosecutor decided not to send case to grand jury...

State Attorney Angela Corey, appointed as a special prosecutor in the February shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has decided against sending the case to a grand jury, her office said Monday.

"The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case," Corey's office said in a statement.

The grand jury, set to convene on Tuesday, was previously scheduled by the former prosecutor.

Corey previously said she has not used grand juries in cases like this and added that from the time she was appointed she said she may not need a grand jury.

The decision about whether or not to charge George Zimmerman in the case now rests with prosecutors.

"At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office," Corey said in the statement.

The decision means that the timetable for any possible charges remains up in the air.

Martin ventured out from his father's fiancee's home in Sanford to get a snack at a nearby convenience store. As he walked home with a bag of Skittles and an Arizona iced tea, he was shot and killed by Zimmerman.

Sanford police questioned Zimmerman and released him without charges.

From there, the case has evolved into opposing allegations from Zimmerman's supporters, Martin's family and authorities.

Zimmerman says he killed Martin in self-defense after the teen punched him and slammed his head on the sidewalk, according to an Orlando Sentinel report that was later confirmed by Sanford police.

The case  has triggered a nationwide debate about Florida's "stand your ground" law - which allows people to use deadly force anywhere they feel a reasonable threat of death or serious injury - and race in America.

www.cnn.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect


BallerBoards

BA reality show...Baller B******!!! lol

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Philly Debutante since '88 4 hours ago. 53 Replies

Ok so I know in a previous discussion I said something about a reality show but with all this exposure BOSS is getting with BA I'm thinking now we start making it official....lol I'm saying, i'm not…Continue

Sex tapes

Started by The real vixxen in Talk Ish. Last reply by Moving In Silence 12 hours ago. 29 Replies

Would u do it? And how would u feel if someone recorded you with out ur knowledge?

What happen to everyone

Started by Tone in Talk Ish. Last reply by mese 23 hours ago. 19 Replies

Seriously why did everyone stop posting?

REDMAN'S GROUPIE/SEX TALE....SCOOBYDOOOOOOOOO

Started by Baller Alert in Talk Ish. Last reply by Rod TBGWT yesterday. 238 Replies

So recently me and my homegirls were in New York and my home girl works for this Adidas store in New York. So anyways she called me up like "Ay girl you know red and Meth gonna be here for promotion…Continue

Latest Activity

LES commented on Eleven8's blog post Redskins Desean Jackson Expecting A Baby
"so no one believes in marriage anymore"
8 minutes ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
10 minutes ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
36 minutes ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
50 minutes ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
53 minutes ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
53 minutes ago
Alaska Evap posted a status
55 minutes ago
Brazil commented on Eleven8's blog post Evelyn Lozada Snags New Reality Show, "Livin' Lozada"
"I don't think I'll be watching. To me, she'll always be foul mouthed, nasty for no…"
1 hour ago
Brazil commented on Eleven8's blog post Actory Kristoff St. John Suing Mental Hospital Where Son Committed Suicide
"That case is a h*** in 1, clearly they didn't give an ounce of a damn about his well being,…"
1 hour ago
Brazil commented on Eleven8's blog post Chicago Bears Fire Ray Mcdonald Following Domestic Violence Arrest
"@Inc, thank you, I'm glad somebody else noticed! He better get a puppy or a friend if he needs…"
1 hour ago
Spinster commented on Eleven8's blog post Ray McDonald Arrested For Violating Restraining Order
"Stupid @$$."
1 hour ago
Spinster liked Eleven8's blog post Ray McDonald Arrested For Violating Restraining Order
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video