http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked...

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Tags: trayvon martin, zimmerman

Views: 4639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Boss I know, you're right, but I'm glad experts confirmed what we all knew because there was too many people from Zimmerman's camp blatantly lying and saying that it was him screaming for help, not Trayvon.

Zimmerman's story is a LIE.. I don't know what else they have to do? He said he got beat up... he looked fine at the police station.. he said he was screaming for his life... expert said it wasn't. Now what????

MissMidwest said:

@Boss I know, you're right, but I'm glad experts confirmed what we all knew because there was too many people from Zimmerman's camp blatantly lying and saying that it was him screaming for help, not Trayvon.

Yes... I agree with Toure. Piers let that juicyfruitasssaltine off easy. 

Sw33tNeSS said:
Did y'all see piers and tourè?!?!?!
Mannn this case is becoming a mess

Baller Alert said:

We already knew this...

MissMidwest said:

Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George  Zimmerman, expert says.

An expert in forensic voice identification analyzing  the 911 recordings in the Trayvon Martin case for the Orlando Sentinel tells the  paper that it is likely not Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman, heard calling  for help.

Tom Owen used voice identification software to rule  out Zimmerman, according to the paper. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel,  utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot  Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, during a confrontation Feb. 26.

On that night, a woman called 911 to report someone  crying out for help in her gated Sanford, Fla., community. While several other  neighbors also called authorities, the first call came early enough for  dispatchers to hear panicked cries and the gunshot that killed Trayvon  Martin.

According to the Sentinel, Owen, a court-qualified  expert witness, is an authority on biometric voice analysis -- a computerized  process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match.

"I took all of the screams and put those together,  and cut out everything else," Owen said, according to the Sentinel.

Software called Easy Voice Biometrics was used to  compare that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen  said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher  than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable  scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen said, stressing that he  cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's because he didn't have a sample of the  teen's voice to compare.

Full story here: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-31/news/os-trayvon-mart...

It was just announced that the special prosecutor decided not to send case to grand jury...

So that is that? He is off the hook?

Brii said:

It was just announced that the special prosecutor decided not to send case to grand jury...

State Attorney Angela Corey, appointed as a special prosecutor in the February shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has decided against sending the case to a grand jury, her office said Monday.

"The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case," Corey's office said in a statement.

The grand jury, set to convene on Tuesday, was previously scheduled by the former prosecutor.

Corey previously said she has not used grand juries in cases like this and added that from the time she was appointed she said she may not need a grand jury.

The decision about whether or not to charge George Zimmerman in the case now rests with prosecutors.

"At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office," Corey said in the statement.

The decision means that the timetable for any possible charges remains up in the air.

Martin ventured out from his father's fiancee's home in Sanford to get a snack at a nearby convenience store. As he walked home with a bag of Skittles and an Arizona iced tea, he was shot and killed by Zimmerman.

Sanford police questioned Zimmerman and released him without charges.

From there, the case has evolved into opposing allegations from Zimmerman's supporters, Martin's family and authorities.

Zimmerman says he killed Martin in self-defense after the teen punched him and slammed his head on the sidewalk, according to an Orlando Sentinel report that was later confirmed by Sanford police.

The case  has triggered a nationwide debate about Florida's "stand your ground" law - which allows people to use deadly force anywhere they feel a reasonable threat of death or serious injury - and race in America.

www.cnn.com

Not as of yet.. The other 2 options would be to flat out charge him or let him off, but I'm still trying to understand why no arrest has been made? They went as far as closing the police department in Sanford today due to people protesting 

Baller Alert said:

Brii said:

She ironically made this decision the day before it was supposed to go before a grand jury.. 

Baller Alert said:

Brii said:

Zimmerman's attorney is stating that Zimmerman has little to be worried about WTF?

They know he is not going to jail... it's a shame.

Brii said:

Zimmerman's attorney is stating that Zimmerman has little to be worried about WTF?
This just gets sadder & sadder...
This S*** Here Is Unreal

George Zimmerman, the man police say fatally shot Trayvon Martin, has created a website.
On his newly formed website: therealgeorgezimmerman.com. Zimmerman, 28, wrote, "I have been forced to leave my home, my school... and ultimately, my entire life." 
He alluded to false websites soliciting money for his legal defense, saying he has not received any funds.

Zimmerman also wrote that the sole purpose of the website is to ensure his supporters are receiving his full attention without any intermediaries.
But he goes on to say due to his "forced inability to maintain employment," he created a Paypal account to ensure any funds provided are used only for his living expenses and legal defense.
"He has a right to raise money, to do whatever he wants. That's up to his supporters to do what's in their heart," said Natalie Jackson, Trayvon Martin's family attorney.
Martin's family attorneys hope the website is a sign an arrest is imminent and that Zimmerman is preparing to defend himself in court.
"The problem is that George Zimmerman has not been arrested," added Jackson.
Zimmerman's move to raise money comes the same day Special Prosecutor Angela Corey announced she will not take this case to a grand jury.
"We are trying to look at that as a positive thing because we've expressed all along that there is enough evidence there to arrest the killer of Trayvon Martin," said Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump.
On the website, Zimmerman posted two pictures. One picture shows a sign reading "Justice for Zimmerman." The other picture shows graffiti stating "Long Live Zimmerman."
Zimmerman also offers quotes, including, "People have a right to their own opinions, but not to their own facts," and, "Evidence must be located, not created."
Zimmerman has said he shot Martin in self-defense.
Martin's family attorneys said their is plenty of evidence to arrest him.
Meantime, Trayvon Martin's parents plan to be in Sanford on Tuesday, the day the grand jury was initially scheduled to convene.
Instead, they will continue to pray for an immediate arrest.
   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47000478#.T4QnlZrLxD4

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Wayment?!?! WHAT? This fool chopped of his own Peen?

Started by Siren in Talk Ish. Last reply by Baller Alert 53 minutes ago. 8 Replies

A rapper who worked with members of the group Wu-Tang Clan cut off his penis and jumped from a second floor balcony in an apparent suicide attempt,…Continue

I usually date only white women...

Started by AllyNWonderland in Talk Ish. Last reply by Mama Dragon Slayer Puss 4 hours ago. 52 Replies

This isn't really for advice, just a recent story.I met this guy, we'll call him Tom. Tom is a divorced black 37 year old fire fighter with a 2 year old son and I spoke briefly on the phone and he…Continue

The Sweetest Taboo

Started by Ginger McKenna in Talk Ish. Last reply by Ginger McKenna 15 hours ago. 16 Replies

Hey I know a few of you all were checking out my series on my blog called "Is It Bad?" and I appreciate the support. I have completed that series and sent it off to a few publishing companies (wish…Continue

Latest Activity

Brown Skin Beauty commented on Eleven8's blog post Arrest Warrant Issued For Porsha Williams In RHOA Reunion Fight *UPDATED*
"Hmmm...I don't recall all of this uproar when Evelyn was jumping on tables, trying to bust…"
17 minutes ago
Akires Henri commented on Eleven8's blog post Arrest Warrant Issued For Porsha Williams In RHOA Reunion Fight *UPDATED*
"I agree with you, I don't even watch the show I get all my housewife news on twitter. I mean…"
22 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Eleven8's event on Twitter
26 minutes ago
LivingLikeItsGolden commented on Eleven8's blog post Arrest Warrant Issued For Porsha Williams In RHOA Reunion Fight *UPDATED*
"You're right,  just like you don't quit every job cuz you don't get along with…"
27 minutes ago
Baller Alert is attending Eleven8's event
Thumbnail

Scottsdale, AZ - Lance Gross Hosts Red Revolver 4/18 at Red Revolver

April 18, 2014 at 10pm to April 19, 2014 at 2am
28 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Eleven8's blog post on Twitter
28 minutes ago
32 minutes ago
LivingLikeItsGolden commented on Eleven8's blog post Blame Joe Budden: Columbus Short Threatens His Wife With Murder/Suicide During A Game Of "Truth or Truth"
"jesus christ, there's no way in hell I could keep a man like that around my kids! I would…"
32 minutes ago
Akires Henri commented on Eleven8's blog post Arrest Warrant Issued For Porsha Williams In RHOA Reunion Fight *UPDATED*
"I love her mug shot"
32 minutes ago
"Clearly you don't fight everyone. That should be an unwritten rule you should know that you…"
32 minutes ago
32 minutes ago
Baller Alert shared Peachkyss's blog post on Twitter
35 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video