http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked...

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Tags: trayvon martin, zimmerman

Views: 5298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So that is that? He is off the hook?

Brii said:

It was just announced that the special prosecutor decided not to send case to grand jury...

State Attorney Angela Corey, appointed as a special prosecutor in the February shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has decided against sending the case to a grand jury, her office said Monday.

"The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case," Corey's office said in a statement.

The grand jury, set to convene on Tuesday, was previously scheduled by the former prosecutor.

Corey previously said she has not used grand juries in cases like this and added that from the time she was appointed she said she may not need a grand jury.

The decision about whether or not to charge George Zimmerman in the case now rests with prosecutors.

"At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office," Corey said in the statement.

The decision means that the timetable for any possible charges remains up in the air.

Martin ventured out from his father's fiancee's home in Sanford to get a snack at a nearby convenience store. As he walked home with a bag of Skittles and an Arizona iced tea, he was shot and killed by Zimmerman.

Sanford police questioned Zimmerman and released him without charges.

From there, the case has evolved into opposing allegations from Zimmerman's supporters, Martin's family and authorities.

Zimmerman says he killed Martin in self-defense after the teen punched him and slammed his head on the sidewalk, according to an Orlando Sentinel report that was later confirmed by Sanford police.

The case  has triggered a nationwide debate about Florida's "stand your ground" law - which allows people to use deadly force anywhere they feel a reasonable threat of death or serious injury - and race in America.

www.cnn.com

Not as of yet.. The other 2 options would be to flat out charge him or let him off, but I'm still trying to understand why no arrest has been made? They went as far as closing the police department in Sanford today due to people protesting 

Baller Alert said:

Brii said:

It was just announced that the special prosecutor decided not to send case to grand jury...
She ironically made this decision the day before it was supposed to go before a grand jury.. 

Baller Alert said:

Brii said:

Zimmerman's attorney is stating that Zimmerman has little to be worried about WTF?

They know he is not going to jail... it's a shame.

Brii said:

Zimmerman's attorney is stating that Zimmerman has little to be worried about WTF?
This just gets sadder & sadder...
This S*** Here Is Unreal

George Zimmerman, the man police say fatally shot Trayvon Martin, has created a website.
On his newly formed website: therealgeorgezimmerman.com. Zimmerman, 28, wrote, "I have been forced to leave my home, my school... and ultimately, my entire life." 
He alluded to false websites soliciting money for his legal defense, saying he has not received any funds.

Zimmerman also wrote that the sole purpose of the website is to ensure his supporters are receiving his full attention without any intermediaries.
But he goes on to say due to his "forced inability to maintain employment," he created a Paypal account to ensure any funds provided are used only for his living expenses and legal defense.
"He has a right to raise money, to do whatever he wants. That's up to his supporters to do what's in their heart," said Natalie Jackson, Trayvon Martin's family attorney.
Martin's family attorneys hope the website is a sign an arrest is imminent and that Zimmerman is preparing to defend himself in court.
"The problem is that George Zimmerman has not been arrested," added Jackson.
Zimmerman's move to raise money comes the same day Special Prosecutor Angela Corey announced she will not take this case to a grand jury.
"We are trying to look at that as a positive thing because we've expressed all along that there is enough evidence there to arrest the killer of Trayvon Martin," said Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump.
On the website, Zimmerman posted two pictures. One picture shows a sign reading "Justice for Zimmerman." The other picture shows graffiti stating "Long Live Zimmerman."
Zimmerman also offers quotes, including, "People have a right to their own opinions, but not to their own facts," and, "Evidence must be located, not created."
Zimmerman has said he shot Martin in self-defense.
Martin's family attorneys said their is plenty of evidence to arrest him.
Meantime, Trayvon Martin's parents plan to be in Sanford on Tuesday, the day the grand jury was initially scheduled to convene.
Instead, they will continue to pray for an immediate arrest.
   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47000478#.T4QnlZrLxD4

Not having a grand jury doesn't mean he's in the clear, but it's still unfortunate he won't get to face judgement in a courtroom of his peers. Let them stare him down, let him see the faces of people who could have also stood their ground but have probably walked away from volatile situations.

Have y'all seen his website with the American flag waving in the background???

Ms. Ashley Banks said:

Not having a grand jury doesn't mean he's in the clear, but it's still unfortunate he won't get to face judgement in a courtroom of his peers. Let them stare him down, let him see the faces of people who could have also stood their ground but have probably walked away from volatile situations.

Yes, a co-worker showed me.

And the Martin family's attorney went on the record to say that George has every right to raise funds, because it's his right to have representation. I hope they cream Zimmerman in court. And I hope someone is pulling up his dad's records as judge, too.

JustMe said:

Have y'all seen his website with the American flag waving in the background???
Ms. Ashley Banks said:

so i heard both his atty's have withdrawn!!!! is this true?? word is rthey havent been able to reach him. his ass has probably fled the country. smh

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Date rape question

Started by Moving In Silence in Talk Ish. Last reply by AllyNWonderland 14 hours ago. 8 Replies

I have a question. Do you think the song "baby it's cold outside" is about date rape? Here's the video. http://youtu.be/6bbuBubZ1yE. Or is it just trying to…Continue

Old Men

Started by Mama Dragon Slayer Puss in Talk Ish. Last reply by AmericanBeauty yesterday. 61 Replies

I want one. I need one, and ironically not for his money. I guess his wisdom. For real tho, they can solve the most complex problems in "elementary" style language. I be like "why didn't I think of…Continue

Met a Baller but I think I messed up! but I want him back. any advice =(

Started by imani in Talk Ish. Last reply by Sissy yesterday. 3 Replies

I met this baller while partying V.I.P at club liv in miami. I was watching him the whole night and doing little things to get his attention w/o seeming thirsty. how we met seemed destined in a way.…Continue

Latest Activity

Sean commented on Eleven8's blog post Photo Of Bill Cosby On The Night Of Alleged Janice Dickinson Rape Surfaces
"This is what happens when you tryna sleep your way to the top. Don't put yourself in…"
19 minutes ago
Kevin Mac commented on Eleven8's blog post Photo Of Bill Cosby On The Night Of Alleged Janice Dickinson Rape Surfaces
"These girls were naive and my age when this happened to them, and all they saw was a man about to…"
29 minutes ago
Shell Yisrael commented on Eleven8's blog post Photo Of Bill Cosby On The Night Of Alleged Janice Dickinson Rape Surfaces
"Walks into a mans apt who is only wearing bath robe and a hat. Then he gives you pills and wine for…"
40 minutes ago
BadgalCi liked Asimplebijou's blog post Baller Alert's Morning Wood: Justin Gilbert (Cleveland Browns)
51 minutes ago
Carla Jenkins commented on Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Fashion: Emily B. Wearing Versus Versace Rainbow Oversized Long Sleeve Shirt and Versus Versace Rainbow Graphic Leggings For Fabolous 90's Birthday Party
"She nailed it! Thanks for supplying the party photos."
55 minutes ago
Dimegal commented on Eleven8's blog post Lambo Wants You To Know That He & Gloria James Are Still Going Strong!
"She deserves a chance at love just like everyone else. No matter the age. If they are happy, let…"
1 hour ago
Eleven8's 6 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Sissy commented on Eleven8's blog post Singer Jazmine Sullivan Says She Considered Drug Use To Deal With Abuse
"I loooooove her.  I always wondered where she went, sad to hear she was going through this.…"
1 hour ago
Peachkyss posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Peachkyss's 2 blog posts were featured
1 hour ago
Asimplebijou posted a blog post
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video