http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked...

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Tags: trayvon martin, zimmerman

Views: 5372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In a bizarre turn of events, MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell interviewed an empty  chair on his program Monday night, after scheduled guest Craig Sonner reportedly fled from an MSNBC  studio in Orlando just moments before the show began.

Sonner represents George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watchman who shot  and killed 17-year-old Florida resident Trayvon Martin in February. His  appearance on O'Donnell's program would have been just the latest in a string of high-profile media interviews over the past several days,  as he's attempted to shift the narrative surrounding the case. In previous  conversations, Sonner has continually insisted that the shooting was motivated  not by race, but was instead a matter of self-defense -- though the attorney has  declined to answer several questions about the specifics of his client's  defense.

O'Donnell characterized Sonner's previous interviews as lacking in rigor, and  claimed that it was his more aggressive approach to interviewing that scared the  attorney away:

Craig Sonner has been the first guest in the history of this  particular show, to get scared, to be terrified, so terrified of coming on this  show that he has literally run away. He's in our car right now, taking him home  from our studio, afraid to face the questioning he would face on this show.  Watch out for wherever Craig Sonner shows up next on television, because  wherever he shows up next on television has an obligation to put him through  serious questioning about what he's doing and what he knows, and the  contradictions in the things he's already said on television.

Later on during the segment, O'Donnell turned to Sonner's empty chair and  began reciting the many questions he had planned for the aborted interview.  Those questions included:

• "Who is paying you, Mr. Lawyer?"

• "Does George Zimmerman have a job?"

• "Did you represent him when he was arrested for assault on a police officer  in 2005?"

• "Your client was not injured enough to go to the hospital that  night. You say he sought some sort of medical treatment the next day. Do you  have those medical records that you can show us?"

No problem... we posted that article yesterday. I'll delete it.

MissMidwest said:

Sorry about that other thread boss, you can delete it if you'd like. I was going to but I know that's against the rules lol so I'll just post the article here.

Sooooo, no pictures were taken of bloody nose and bashed in head??

Baller Alert said:

Just read an article on cnn.com

Joe Oliver, a friend of Zimmerman's, said Zimmerman told him he was "cleaned up by cops at the scene" that night before being brought to the station.

So this is their response to Zimmerman looking so clean on that video... smh

You know that is a crock of s***.. i'm sick of him and his peanut gallery. The excuses and explanations are outlandish.

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

Sooooo, no pictures were taken of bloody nose and bashed in head??

Baller Alert said:

Just read an article on cnn.com

Joe Oliver, a friend of Zimmerman's, said Zimmerman told him he was "cleaned up by cops at the scene" that night before being brought to the station.

So this is their response to Zimmerman looking so clean on that video... smh

George Zimmerman's father claims Trayvon Martin beat his son, threatened his life

In the moments before Florida neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, the teen slammed Zimmerman's head into the ground and threatened his life, Zimmerman's father claims.

In an exclusive interview with myFOXorlando, Robert Zimmerman detailed his son's account of the night, claiming Martin beat his son for over a minute and told him something along the lines of, "You're going to die tonight."

George Zimmerman has been the subject of a media firestorm since the shooting, with many calling for his arrest in the case.

George Zimmerman has claimed he shot Martin in self-defense, and so far has not been charged with any crime due to Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law. The law allows the use of deadly force in self-defense if an individual reasonably feels threatened. 

Martin's supporters, including a host of outspoken celebrities and civil rights leaders, don't believe George Zimmerman's story. They believe race played a role in the shooting, and are calling for George Zimmerman to be arrested and prosecuted. 

In his first interview, Robert Zimmerman told myFOXorlando he decided to speak out for his son against the advice of police.

Robert Zimmerman claims his son was going to the store when he spotted Martin walking through his neighborhood. George Zimmerman, he said, found it odd the teen was walking in between the town homes on a rainy night, rather than on the street or on the sidewalk.

Since there had been multiple break-ins in the area, George Zimmerman decided to call police on the non-emergency number.

Police told George Zimmerman not to follow Martin, and asked him where he was. However, because he was behind the town homes he could not see the nearest address. 

This is why, Robert Zimmerman claims, his son decided to keep following Martin, so he could obtain an address to give to police.

"(George Zimmerman) went to the next street, realized where he was and was walking to his vehicle," Robert Zimmerman said. "It's my understanding, at that point, Trayvon Martin walked up to him and asked him, 'Do you have a [expletive] problem?' "

Con't

Robert Zimmerman says his son told Martin he did not have a problem, and reached for his cellphone. 

Then, Robert Zimmerman claims, Martin punched George Zimmerman in the face, breaking his nose and knocking him to the ground.

"Trayvon Martin got on top of him, and just started beating him," Robert Zimmerman claims. "In his face, on his nose, hitting his face on the concrete."

"After nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him, in the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of, 'You're going to die now,' or 'You're going to die tonight' or something to that effect," Robert Zimmerman said.

Robert Zimmerman said Martin continued to beat his son, and George Zimmerman at some point pulled out his gun and "did what he did."

Robert Zimmerman also responded to the 911 tape audio that has been widely publicized in the case, in which someone can be heard screaming for help. Martin's family claims it was their son screaming on the tape, and the fact that the screaming stopped after a gunshot is heard proves it.

"All of our family, everyone who knows George, knows absolutely that is George screaming," Robert Zimmerman said. "There's no doubt in anyone's mind."

When asked why the recording picked up screams for help but not the alleged threats by Martin, Robert Zimmerman said he does not know.

Robert Zimmerman also claims he doubts the account of the night from Martin's girlfriend, who claims she was talking with Martin on the phone before the incident.  

"I don't believe that happened," Robert Zimmerman said. "I don't believe she was on the phone with him, and I find it very strange with the publicity involved... that all of a sudden, after three weeks, someone would remember that they were on the phone."

Robert Zimmerman said his son, who is reportedly in hiding, had a broken nose and injuries to his head after the incident. 

"Currently he is not doing well," he said. "I don't know if those injuries are physical or mental, but he's not in good shape."

Robert Zimmerman says his family has received death threats, and he only spoke to myFOXorlando on the condition they did not show his face.

A former magistrate judge and Vietnam War veteran, Robert Zimmerman says this is one of the hardest things he has ever been through.

"Tough was being in Vietnam and other things in my life," he said. "This is way beyond anything I can imagine."

Zimmerman says he is hopeful his son will be cleared of all charges. He described George Zimmerman as a former Altar Boy who hoped to become a judge like his father.

Same way we don't believe GZ's b******* story!!! They can check her phone records (and they have) and she was on the phone with TM. They can keep believing GZ's lies and keep 'covering up' for him like he's been going all his life, or he can let his son (28yr old) finally deal with his own problems like a man!!! Time for daddy RZ to step back and let his son deal with this like a man!!!!

Baller Alert said:

Robert Zimmerman says his son told Martin he did not have a problem, and reached for his cellphone. 

Then, Robert Zimmerman claims, Martin punched George Zimmerman in the face, breaking his nose and knocking him to the ground.

"Trayvon Martin got on top of him, and just started beating him," Robert Zimmerman claims. "In his face, on his nose, hitting his face on the concrete."

"After nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him, in the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of, 'You're going to die now,' or 'You're going to die tonight' or something to that effect," Robert Zimmerman said.

Robert Zimmerman said Martin continued to beat his son, and George Zimmerman at some point pulled out his gun and "did what he did."

Robert Zimmerman also responded to the 911 tape audio that has been widely publicized in the case, in which someone can be heard screaming for help. Martin's family claims it was their son screaming on the tape, and the fact that the screaming stopped after a gunshot is heard proves it.

"All of our family, everyone who knows George, knows absolutely that is George screaming," Robert Zimmerman said. "There's no doubt in anyone's mind."

When asked why the recording picked up screams for help but not the alleged threats by Martin, Robert Zimmerman said he does not know.

Robert Zimmerman also claims he doubts the account of the night from Martin's girlfriend, who claims she was talking with Martin on the phone before the incident.  

"I don't believe that happened," Robert Zimmerman said. "I don't believe she was on the phone with him, and I find it very strange with the publicity involved... that all of a sudden, after three weeks, someone would remember that they were on the phone."

Robert Zimmerman said his son, who is reportedly in hiding, had a broken nose and injuries to his head after the incident. 

"Currently he is not doing well," he said. "I don't know if those injuries are physical or mental, but he's not in good shape."

Robert Zimmerman says his family has received death threats, and he only spoke to myFOXorlando on the condition they did not show his face.

A former magistrate judge and Vietnam War veteran, Robert Zimmerman says this is one of the hardest things he has ever been through.

"Tough was being in Vietnam and other things in my life," he said. "This is way beyond anything I can imagine."

Zimmerman says he is hopeful his son will be cleared of all charges. He described George Zimmerman as a former Altar Boy who hoped to become a judge like his father.

Lmao @ "he hoped to become a judge like his father" like he's still a child with goals and aspirations and s***.. Damn near 30 years old, most can't even recall what he does for a living... He doesn't need to become a judge, he's already living vicariously through his daddy... And another "b*******" to that story that he was cleaned up at the scene UMM no sir, the police don't clean s*** up, especially without photographing it first, it's against the law

OLD $PICE PINE NEEDLE said:

Same way we don't believe GZ's b******* story!!! They can check her phone records (and they have) and she was on the phone with TM. They can keep believing GZ's lies and keep 'covering up' for him like he's been going all his life, or he can let his son (28yr old) finally deal with his own problems like a man!!! Time for daddy RZ to step back and let his son deal with this like a man!!!!

Baller Alert said:

A former magistrate judge and Vietnam War veteran, Robert Zimmerman says this is one of the hardest things he ha

His father was a VA judge?? Most corrupt, racist bastards in America. He needs more people...

What's p****** me off and hurting my heart now is that the initial responders/investigators wanted to charge him with homicide. They were doing their jobs, they didn't believe his story. Then his dad's folks are the ones who stepped in and had all of this go away. The officers involved in this are being dragged through the mud because the powers that be wanted to protect one of their own. When you're a hard worker who does everything you're supposed to do, it p***** you off to have someone come in and undo your work to keep one of their "friends" out of trouble. Unbelievable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect

BallerBoards

Baller Alert Contest

Started by clarissa estrada in Talk Ish 36 minutes ago. 0 Replies

DoneContinue

Angry Teacher Bans Popular Slang From Classroom

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by Lola Marie 12 hours ago. 6 Replies

This is hilarious lol.Continue

Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree Threatens Suicide After Their Breakup

Started by RubyWoo in Talk Ish. Last reply by SoLuscious 20 hours ago. 4 Replies

Per TMZ, the ex-boyfriend of…Continue

Latest Activity

Miami Drew commented on Eleven8's blog post Contest: Win The Ultimate Baller Alert Holiday Gift Basket
"Done"
1 minute ago
Eleven8's 4 blog posts were featured
4 minutes ago
Eleven8 posted blog posts
5 minutes ago
Peachkyss posted a blog post
17 minutes ago
Peachkyss's blog post was featured
17 minutes ago
clarissa estrada posted a discussion
36 minutes ago
BadgalCi commented on Eleven8's blog post Rihanna's Dad Was Kicked Out Of Diamond Ball For Getting Drunk
"This is disguising whoever this reporter is who was stalking the event and "exclusively"…"
1 hour ago
Diana Nacole Young commented on Eleven8's blog post Contest: Win The Ultimate Baller Alert Holiday Gift Basket
"Done"
2 hours ago
tagi chambliss commented on Eleven8's blog post Contest: Win The Ultimate Baller Alert Holiday Gift Basket
"Done"
2 hours ago
tagi chambliss commented on Eleven8's blog post Contest: Win The Ultimate Baller Alert Holiday Gift Basket
"Done"
2 hours ago
Beautiful Brownie liked Peachkyss's blog post Ballerific Foot Werk: Giuseppe Zanotti Spring/Summer 2015 Collection Preview
4 hours ago
Kristopher Cole commented on Eleven8's blog post Contest: Win The Ultimate Baller Alert Holiday Gift Basket
"Done"
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Baller Alert.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video